Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Literally just got home from pick up and realizing I have so much to figure but after all that waiting, here she is! I think I’m in love 😍

Attachments

• 2B6AB179-A8FF-47F0-AAD5-9BDA239C04A9.jpeg
    2B6AB179-A8FF-47F0-AAD5-9BDA239C04A9.jpeg
    535.5 KB · Views: 67
Literally just got home from pick up and realizing I have so much to figure but after all that waiting, here she is! I think I’m in love 😍

Awesome, congrats!! Looks amazing!

A thought I had, however. I don't remember seeing a Tesla with a front license plate. I thought they were required here in Cali, but clearly it's not being enforced, if so? Are you going to put on a front plate? How could it be done? The surface isn't flat, huh?

Reactions: YForMeee and Tes60
My EDD was scheduled for early to Mid August. I had to revalidate my car that Im trading in it moved my EDD to 9/18-9/30, I called and they told me I should still be inline to get mine in the next couple weeks. Do you think this is accurate? Completed profile 05/15 ordered white/black

Same movement again, Today+2 - August 21st. So sitting at 8/8-8/21. The very helpful SA I chatted with a week ago who told me “soft build date” of 8/10 responded to my follow up email saying “I am seeing a potential build date of the middle to end of this month.” Now I don’t know what to believe, but I prefer to believe the first thing he told me over this update because I liked that information more. Lol.
He’s just getting you off his back - his guess is as good as yours

A thought I had, however. I don't remember seeing a Tesla with a front license plate. I thought they were required here in Cali, but clearly it's not being enforced, if so? Are you going to put on a front plate? How could it be done? The surface isn't flat, huh?
In the trunk they gave me an license plate tray connector thingy/adapter but I am
NOT planning to use it. I like how it looks without it, and don’t want to drill holes in that pretty face lol. That said, in CA, it is required so it’s a risk I will get a ticket (for that and I’m sure my front window tint I’m adding as well). I see several Tesla’s around my area and most do not have the plates. 🤞

Heck yes . That's exactly why I traded mine in for a MYP as well. Tesla trade in offer was incredible.

I ordered last week EDD went from 9-8 - 9-30 to 8-29 - 9-18 this AM.

Really hope I get it by the end of month because my registration expires at the end of August :D
How are you dealing with the 1 month trade-in expiration? Will you get your car before your trade in quote expires? My accepted quote was $55k, but I'm constantly checking the daily values of my car and today it's at $49k, so I'm scared the car won't be delivered on time.

It's required in CA but I believe people are able to get away without one. Every MY should come with a front license plate holder in the trunk that is adhered with 3M tape.

I went with a Quick Bandit holder that is secured to the bottom of your front bumper, no drilling need: Tesla Model Y Front License Plate Mount - "Quick Bandit"

I believe people also like the Snap Plate which is similar to the quick bandit but can change positions: SnapPlate Model Y Removable Front License Plate Mount

In the trunk they gave me an license plate tray connector thingy/adapter but I am
NOT planning to use it. I like how it looks without it, and don’t want to drill holes in that pretty face lol. That said, in CA, it is required so it’s a risk I will get a ticket (for that and I’m sure my front window tint I’m adding as well). I see several Tesla’s around my area and most do not have the plates. 🤞

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I hear ya! When we got a new Subaru (Plug-In Hybrid) a while back and they drilled holes for the front plate, it was like, ugggggghhhh... "So uncivilized."

Reactions: Tes60
I went with a Quick Bandit holder that is secured to the bottom of your front bumper, no drilling need: Tesla Model Y Front License Plate Mount - "Quick Bandit"

I believe people also like the Snap Plate which is similar to the quick bandit but can change positions: SnapPlate Model Y Removable Front License Plate Mount

Good to know. I know my Bro refused to drill his Bolt. He got cited for it, but ended up putting the license plate in his windshield/dash area. But, I'd rather not block my visibility by doing that.

Reactions: Tes60
Congrats, great looking. Curious what type of stuff did you find you needed to still learn? How was your pick up experience?
Pick up was smooth and easy. This is my first Tesla so learning the controls, adjusting tailgate height for garage, configuring for sentry, profile settings, now trying to figure out garage door opening and find the usb stick (coming up empty handed there!)… just generally becoming familiar. I’m one of those people that likes to figure it all out. It’s only been an hour. It’s fun though.

Pick up was smooth and easy. This is my first Tesla so learning the controls, adjusting tailgate height for garage, configuring for sentry, profile settings, now trying to figure out garage door opening and find the usb stick (coming up empty handed there!)… just generally becoming familiar. I’m one of those people that likes to figure it all out. It’s only been an hour. It’s fun though.
USB stick is plugged into the glovebox

How are you dealing with the 1 month trade-in expiration? Will you get your car before your trade in quote expires? My accepted quote was $55k, but I'm constantly checking the daily values of my car and today it's at $49k, so I'm scared the car won't be delivered on time.
My tesla advisor said they will update the offer again, but it will not be much of a difference, because most of the deprecation has already happened. So, just gotta wait and see /shrug
I am unsure why I cannot see this in the purchase agreement. The rep I chatted said it should be there also.

Should be under your price details.