Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
5/6 order here

Getting ready to pick up my Tesla today at 2:30 at Buena Park. Got this text two hours ago…

“Hi William, as we were preparing your vehicle for Delivery, our detail team noticed a couple minor aesthetic concerns that will need additional time to rectify. We are expecting the vehicle to be ready in the next couple of days and are happy to deliver the vehicle to you when it is ready. We will tentatively reschedule for 8.19.2021 and of course will let you know if it is ready earlier. Thanks!”

the wait continues ….

Ordered 7/27| MYLR |Black/Black | 20" wheels | 7 seats | No tow, no FSD | Bay Area

EDD had been pushed all the way back from Late October to 12/3-1/03. It’s not a huge deal as we kept our 2nd car (e-Tron) thank goodness! The extra long wait allows me to pay off more of the balance so when I do sell I may actually end up on the plus side.

Reactions: Mrskahn
Hey I'm also in Irvine, how much was the permit and overall cost for an electrician (if you used one)? Haven't started contacting anyone yet cause delivery is still at least a month out, but starting to think about it.
It depends on your electrical panel is 200A ready or not. It will cost about $250 to $300 to install a 14-50 receptacle for your mobile connector or install a wall connector if you already have a 200A panel.

This is absolutely the BEST advice…we are down to one car and the EDD has been pushed out. Tesla delivery has been unpredictable so if you need two cars, don’t get rid of the other until your Tesla is delivered.

It's good advice now to hang onto your car if you have a MYLR order in at this time. In our case, my wife wanted to sell our Model 3 before ordering the Model Y, and we could wait a month as I sold our Model 3 in February and ordered the MYLR that same day with a mid-March delivery. We received a VIN and had a delivery date set, paid the ACH, and then Tesla sold our car to somebody else the day before our delivery. No rhyme or reason, and we then got booted to the back of the line while they tried to find us something in early April, which then turned into a possible June delivery.... which has turned into a Sept delivery now. Of course we're the rare ones that it happened to, and I've seen a couple of other people on here who have said they've experienced similar things, but it's not anywhere we could've predicted as it's a super-rare occurrence.

Point being, we were still in ok shape having only 1 car since both my wife & I were working remotely all of last year and through this summer, and our kids had been doing online school for the past year so it's not like we needed another car. We saved a good $1k/month without a car payment & additional insurance costs savings. However, looking back at it now and after running the numbers, I could've kept my Model 3 this entire time and drove it "payment-free" and sold it to Carvana or Vroom right now and still come out ahead with a $1500 profit (they're offering approx $7500 over what I sold it for back in Feb). But back in Feb, who could've predicted the used car market would blow up like it did right before the summer. At least I didn't lose any money, and that's all that matters to me.

Reactions: SimFox3 and jpy1980
This is slightly off-topic, but the various finance threads here on TMC are stale so I wanted to post my question here to my fellow Californians. I intend to finance through PenFed, opened an account in April (since PreApproval is available 90-days after opening a PenFed account), have been depositing $100 each month (to make my account look busy), and selected "cash" during the MYLR ordering process.

According to this detailed thread:

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/thr...th-penfed-quickly-without-going-insane.11973/

the preferred PenFed financing route is:

1. Fill out an application online. After agreeing to the credit report terms & conditions you'll have an answer within about a minute on whether you've been approved for the loan.
  2. When you get to the Dealer and VIN screen, select Save for Later.
  3. Call PenFed at 1-800-247-5626 and choose extension 3 "Apply for a loan."
  4. They'll ask you for your member # or SSN. I already had an account but be prepared to create one if you don't have one yet.
  5. Mention that you'd like to complete a loan that was submitted online.
  6. If you don't have a VIN yet, inform them that the vehicle is being manufactured and you can supply the VIN later.
  7. Ask if PenFed can issue a pre-approved draft check to be filled out when the vehicle is ready to be purchased.
  8. Do your homework on Gap Insurance since you will be pitched on their gap insurance.
  9. Hang up and celebrate!
  • Caution: calling produces a higher interest rate than on-line. So try to complete all of this on-line. If you do have to call, be sure to check the rate and call back to get the rate changed back to the on-line rate
  • Fax everything to PenFed, it gets into their system faster than email
  • the expedite fee to mail the check is $15, they pull it from PenFed account

Does anyone have anything to add to this process or am I missing something? Since I'm near Fremont, I already know that delivery time will be crunched and probably during the EOQ rush, so I plan to get the PreApproval Draft in-hand from PenFed on November 1 (since my EDD is "December").

PenFed's Drafts (blank checks) are good for 90-days since I will specify "vehicle not selected yet" during the loan process. And good up to 110%. (I want to minimize down payment to preserve cash-on-hand). These two reasons are why I went with PenFed.

Thanks,

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: December
DC: Stockton

Last edited:
Uh oh…what happened?
The guy was a little stand offish when I went in to pick up something and asked him to look at my delivery date.
Odd though, bc the guy who originally helped me over the phone, Tony, was awesome!

How was your delivery experience??

Im hoping the Camarillo dealership opens in the next couple weeks, so I can pick it up from there. (I live in Cam).

Alright friends, meet Echo-419. Picked up at the SB dealership, everything went smoothly. I arrived a little early since I had just gotten off a plane, so they had me sit in a lobby until it was ready. Seems like prior to pickup they try to detail the car and put finishing touches on. Anyway, the guy working was very helpful and friendly, he was there to cover any questions I had. I was sort of in a hurry so I did a quick inspection and left. Had a lot to do to unpack and get my life together after a wild weekend so it still feels surreal and I haven’t gotten a ton of time with her yet, but I’m elated. Only issue I have found so far is the driver side rear door takes a pretty hard slam to close. I’ll be getting service out for that. Going to do a more thorough inspection tomorrow. Hoping to get front PPF and a real detailing from my favorite local place, then I’ll get some much better photos. Well worth the wait and I am so excited to get to put it to use.

Attachments

• 1F4867B4-7158-408D-98FF-826A292E1F90.jpeg
    1F4867B4-7158-408D-98FF-826A292E1F90.jpeg
    863.3 KB · Views: 48
Just called the Stockton Branch about my 5/23 Order. Apparently I am still "several weeks away, if not sooner," for delivery. Apparently "We start ramping up production to meet our Q3 numbers." Kind of disheartening to hear but I guess the waiting game continues.
Ordered my LRMY 5 seater White with White interior on May 25th to be delivered to Stockton service center. My EDD initially said mid to end of August jumped up to October and settled on mid to end of September. My co-worker ordered same day in May, also picking up in Stockton and took delivery 2 weeks ago. Calling feels pointless, they tell you what you already know. Just happy that my EDD is fast approaching.

Reactions: DZMY
Alright friends, meet Echo-419. Picked up at the SB dealership, everything went smoothly. I arrived a little early since I had just gotten off a plane, so they had me sit in a lobby until it was ready. Seems like prior to pickup they try to detail the car and put finishing touches on. Anyway, the guy working was very helpful and friendly, he was there to cover any questions I had. I was sort of in a hurry so I did a quick inspection and left. Had a lot to do to unpack and get my life together after a wild weekend so it still feels surreal and I haven’t gotten a ton of time with her yet, but I’m elated. Only issue I have found so far is the driver side rear door takes a pretty hard slam to close. I’ll be getting service out for that. Going to do a more thorough inspection tomorrow. Hoping to get front PPF and a real detailing from my favorite local place, then I’ll get some much better photos. Well worth the wait and I am so excited to get to put it to use.
Looks good!! Yours came with the front mud flaps??

Reactions: jpy1980
Congrats! At the same time, it's astounding what a "P" instead of "LR" will do for you in terms of delivery.

It's like the moment a MYP order comes in, they're rushing like all hell to get it to your door ASAP.
here's what my timeline looked like:

Ordered on 7/8:
MY LR AWD, BLACK, WHITE INTERIOR, 19s, AP, 5 seater
8/2 - 9/3

Modified on 7/9:
MYP, BLACK, WHITE INTERIOR, 21s, AP, 5 seater 8/2 - 9/3

EDD Timeline:
7/13: 8/8 - 8/28
7/14: 8/1 - 8/21
7/15: 8/15 - 9/4
7/16: 8/1 - 8/21
7/23: Grayed out "Review Agreements" button appeared