Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have never had a delivery date on my account since ordered on July 3, should I give up waiting?
5C88A674-639A-4871-B81B-E2551716AEDF.jpeg

in June we took delivery of a MYLR and it was home delivery, it was driven to us and arrived with 32 miles on it. Driver uber'd back to the "staging facility". She said they weren't delivery out of the service center but it was end of quarter 2 push so that may be why.
Yeah I don’t want someone driving it all the way to my house. I’d rather Uber there and enjoy putting those first miles on myself. If it was trucked that would be different.

I have never had a delivery date on my account since ordered on July 3, should I give up waiting?

Wow! And I thought that I was in bad shape -- my EDD has either been blank or has only said "December". But I ordered on July 31; so several weeks after you. A couple of posters had mentioned previously that their dates don't kick-in until 1 month after ordering. So I'm eagerly waiting for August 31 and hoping that I get a real date instead of just "December".

MYP seem to get processed faster than MYLR. And some colors seem to be processed faster than other colors. If you are near Fremont, expect to be lumped into the EOQ rush (either September or December). I'm about 90 minutes from Fremont.

Also, are you sure that you have completed your Profile?

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: December
DC: Stockton

I finally made the payments and was told to accept the agreements before the delivery.
Some questions:

1. Am I supposed to accept all agreements before I even see the actual car on my delivery date? This is what Tesla is telling me to do.. but..
2. If I accept the agreements, can I still reject my car on my delivery date?

When you schedule home delivery how do they bring it to you? Flatbed truck?

I wish! When I bought my Model 3, I had to get it from the Marina Del Rey location, and since the pandemic had just started (March 2020) they said they could only do a home delivery. The car only had 12 miles on when I bought it, but had 43 miles on it when it was delivered to my house.

It really didn't bother me as the convenience of having them deliver it was nice, since I was busy with work at the time and didn't want to try and take a day off from work to drive somewhere to pick it up. It kind of sucked seeing that, but I get it and no harm done to the car. My delivery guy was followed by another Tesla employee in a Model X, but that was back then. Now they just take an Uber back since they have a lots of home deliveries to do now.

Reactions: jpy1980
I ordered an MYLR Pearl White, Black Interior, No Towing, No FSD on 7/1, received my VIN on 7/27, and since then, my EDD has extended four times. At the end of the first estimate, it moved to the next week, and this pattern has continued. I thought the average time to delivery from VIN was approximately 11 days per Teslike's sheet. We're going on 20 now.

An associate at a store told me last week that my car was in Burbank (I live in Los Angeles). Still nothing from them. Anyone else experience this?

My model Y got delayed 2 days into Costa Mesa delivery center and arrived Friday afternoon, currently set up to take delivery Monday but hoping they can make it ready for pick up tomorrow Sunday. Tesla like all other industries are experiencing trucker driver shortage which are impacting the supply chain. I work in international logistics and things have not been this bad as far I can remember.
Congrats. I ordered the same spec minus the hitch 2 days after you. Still no VIN or car. today's EDD 9/1-9/27. 😠