Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took delivery.

Delivery window was 9am-6pm today. It showed up at 8:45am, and sure enough in the rain. I'll wash it later today but I looked it over outside and in my garage under the high power LED shop lighting I have in there, and from what I can see with the fit & finish..... it's literally perfect. No panel gaps at all. No scratches anywhere. No imperfections on the paint, that I can see right now.... I'll give it a good wash later when it dries up. Interior is perfect with no smudges or anything. Everything on the checklist is good.

Only I found was the front driver door was a little tough to close, but after working it a dozen times it feels normal now like the other doors. My only 2 gripes about the delivery..... they removed the plastic factory screen protector so I had to do some cleaning on the screen, and they didn't give me the windshield sticker to hold the temp registration with so I'll have to figure something out for that. Already made my appt for the Homelink install on Tuesday.

As for my LR.... EDD still shows a mid/late Sept delivery.

I'll be changing out the wheels and putting everything else on later, so I'll take better pics later today, but for now here it is right after getting delivered.

TMY-DELIVERY.jpg

We have the exact spec and order date. Except I’m in San Jose. My EDD was 8/17-9/11. Then it changed last week to 9/2-9/22. No Vin. The wait goes on.
No change in EDD for about a week
8/28-9/17
So close yet so far
MYLR
White/black/20s/no tow/no fsd
OD 5/31

#TeamCaliStormtrooper here!!
0DA451F9-A6C4-48E9-A94B-D39823B5E825.png

Just took delivery.

Delivery window was 9am-6pm today. It showed up at 8:45am, and sure enough in the rain. I'll wash it later today but I looked it over outside and in my garage under the high power LED shop lighting I have in there, and from what I can see with the fit & finish..... it's literally perfect. No panel gaps at all. No scratches anywhere. No imperfections on the paint, that I can see right now.... I'll give it a good wash later when it dries up. Interior is perfect with no smudges or anything. Everything on the checklist is good.

Only I found was the front driver door was a little tough to close, but after working it a dozen times it feels normal now like the other doors. My only 2 gripes about the delivery..... they removed the plastic factory screen protector so I had to do some cleaning on the screen, and they didn't give me the windshield sticker to hold the temp registration with so I'll have to figure something out for that. Already made my appt for the Homelink install on Tuesday.

As for my LR.... EDD still shows a mid/late Sept delivery.

I'll be changing out the wheels and putting everything else on later, so I'll take better pics later today, but for now here it is right after getting delivered.

TMY-DELIVERY.jpg
Congrats on your delivery. The rest of us LR folks can only hope….

Reactions: Macroach
I love the red especially with the induction wheels like my husband received in June. But where is #goteamblack lol. I see teams for red blue MSM.. come on where are the black orders 🤣
This is the first car I've bought in decades that is not black on black. My last three Audi's were all black, black optics, etc. So I'm really breaking out of my stereotype on this one!!! Haha!

• Funny
Reactions: mrfeb14
Anyone else have really bad customer service with Buena Park? Every time I call I get a different story. I was told a couple weeks ago that my EDD I’m seeing on my account is incorrect and then I should have it by the end of August. Today I called and he told me early October. I ordered 5/16 and completed profile same day. I don’t know what to expect

Anyone else have really bad customer service with Buena Park? Every time I call I get a different story. I was told a couple weeks ago that my EDD I’m seeing on my account is incorrect and then I should have it by the end of August. Today I called and he told me early October. I ordered 5/16 and completed profile same day. I don’t know what to expect
Upside at least they pick up to tell a story, downside they have no clue. Mine never ever picks up....

my order date 5/31
LR/white/19’/black interior/7 seats/no FSD
EDD SEP 03-SEP 23
No VIN

my order date 6/30/21
LR,White/20/white interior/7 seats/no FSD
EDD Sep 19- Sep 30
No Vin, Bay area
Woohoo, hello fellow 7 seaters. A bit of a larger window between all our orders, but hoping to get it in Sept!

Anyone tried to use youtube or netflix in theater yet? Mine is lagging and slow when i try to maximize or minimize the video i am watching.
Not a MY but my partner tried Youtube in a Model 3 demo car a week ago. Youtube was a bit laggy.

Pretty much the same with my LR order.

Ordered in Feb and was supposed to take delivery of it in March, until Tesla sold it to somebody else. Then I was bumped to possibly a June delivery but then a hold was placed and then removed, which made my "order finalized" date move to mid-June, which meant my current EDD of 9/9 - 9/29 is the best they can do at this time. Your SA will tell you "maybe you can get it sooner" but they really don't know or have any control over that. Your best bet is to watch these threads and gauge the EDD's and delivery dates that people are receiving, especially those with an order finalized date on or around 6/15 like yours, as that'll give you a more accurate idea of where your order is actually at. For my order and from what I've been seeing, I'm fairly confident it'll probably be available for delivery around the 9/20 - 9/25 date.

I also ordered mine at the 48,990 price, but I'm now deciding on what to do with this since I'm taking delivery of my other Model Y on Saturday.
Congratulations on your new MYP!

If you don't plan to use the other MY LR order, would you consider giving it up so I can take over the reservation (assuming the order transfer is possible). Current EDD for my order is January - would love to get one sooner. Thanks.