Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's this!!!!???? Blue Unicorn!!!???
SmartSelect_20210914-103546_Chrome.jpg

Somebody pinch me... I think I forgot to set my alarm last night and am still dreaming!

269xxx!!!!

Question... for those of you with imminent EDD windows, are you still set to cash purchase even though you plan to switch to finance? I'm trying to time the switch (not from a Tesla standpoint because as we all know DON'T CHANGE ANYTNING on your profile until you have a VIN), but I would like to line up 3rd party financing (maybe for a Tesla Rate Match - still undecided). I want to minimize the inquiry count on my credit to keep them as close together as possible.

Specifically looking at some of you with similar EDD windows... @johnc925 @LSJR @nnOC @GildedVines @lalapuglooza
Mine is currently set through Tesla Financing (2.49%) and just got pre-approved through DCU for 1.24% last week. It expires after 45 days so I'm really hoping I'll get the VIN soon. Once VIN is assigned, then I can get the official approval from DCU before getting Tesla to rate match. It's a bit risky especially with how often EDD changes, but fingers crossed. I've read on other forums that it's best to wait until you get the VIN then start the third party inquiry. DCU was really quick...I got the pre-approval within 30 minutes.

Oh, and the best part is my trade-in expires 9/29 (of course!) 😅

Question... for those of you with imminent EDD windows, are you still set to cash purchase even though you plan to switch to finance? I'm trying to time the switch (not from a Tesla standpoint because as we all know DON'T CHANGE ANYTNING on your profile until you have a VIN), but I would like to line up 3rd party financing (maybe for a Tesla Rate Match - still undecided). I want to minimize the inquiry count on my credit to keep them as close together as possible.

Specifically looking at some of you with similar EDD windows... @johnc925 @LSJR @nnOC @GildedVines @lalapuglooza
I

I did Tesla financing this past weekend. Matched rate with DCU auto loan. It was pretty quick. Had to call for them to update my profile but fairly easy process. I waited til I was one day out from my window at the time (9/10)

My EDD changed to 09/22 -09/30 - Ordered on 06/23. Blue MYLR. Had a question - is to late to add referral code to the order ? will it affect the delivery date ? If not, does anyone here want to share their referral code
Yes you in fact can add referrals after order is placed without it affecting your EDD. You'll have to call your local SA and have them add the referal. Also, you are only assigned a referral link after delivery so anyone waiting won't have one to share.

Yes you in fact can add referrals after order is placed without it affecting your EDD. You'll have to call your local SA and have them add the referal. Also, you are only assigned a referral link after delivery so anyone waiting won't have one to share.
You can also email [email protected] with details.