Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a vin. I had a vin and a delivery appointment. Dec 31st 4:00pm - 8:00pm. Tesla texted me and told me to get ready. So I scrambled calling the bank, the insurance company, and through some miracle made it all work.

Just to wake up the next day prepared for receive my car only to be told “lol yeah not happening today pal. See you in February”.

What would you have done? Not applied for financing until the cars literally in the driveway?
This is unfortunate - you did everything right having a VIN and appt time.

I took delivery on 12/31 around 11am and very nervous the whole time seeing that some people had been bumped at the last moment.

I suspect (without evidence) that teams were working to assign cars with such speed and MANY people (you can find their posts scattered in this forum) played chicken with their on hold/off hold methods that it likely drive them to over assigning or shuffling to the extent there were errors.

At first my husband wanted me to wait until after 1/1 to take delivery, but I quickly told my SA that I’ll take December and to make a note that yes, I flip flopped but I wouldn’t again (just so the team reading the status notes wouldn’t be confused).

My dates slipped back to April and then Jan and then Dec and got smaller until I woke with a VIN. I had already done Tesla financing so I was less concerned about that unless I was over 30 days from my approval.

None of that matters in your case - instead, I think people having the carrot of a tax break lingering over their heads with the “option” to delay delivery caused the perfect storm of last minute failures.

Like someone else said, I do hope you come to Tesla. I had sold my Model X and had the WORST experience with service (they cause damage non stop) BUT it’s not those people who define the company and I did not consider buying ANY other car but a Tesla.

FYI - I took delivery today, VIN NF353xxx
Intel Atom. Car was built on 12/30/2021

Car beautiful, nice , almost perfect just a few small missligmets on rear light and front light... inside clean, nice, smell new...

I took a 100+ miles trip, great car, best car I have ever owned... I'm very happy with my new baby..
Just curious, Is this a new VIN series for Model Y ? i don't see this sequence mentioned in the Tesla vin decoder as well VIN Decoder – TeslaTap

I finally got the delivery scheduled, question about the final payment. I'm going through the DCU for loan and paying some down payment from my checking account. DCU mentioned it is going to mail the cheque to my address through Fedex, I'm planning to hand over the DCU cheque during the delivery time. So, should i make downpayment now before the delivery? And What happens DCU cheque is not received before the delivery window, should i ask them to reschedule for some other time ?

I finally got the delivery scheduled, question about the final payment. I'm going through the DCU for loan and paying some down payment from my checking account. DCU mentioned it is going to mail the cheque to my address through Fedex, I'm planning to hand over the DCU cheque during the delivery time. So, should i make downpayment now before the delivery? And What happens DCU cheque is not received before the delivery window, should i ask them to reschedule for some other time ?
You can wire the down pay before delivery, but I'd rather get another cashier's check and hand them both (urs + dcu's) at delivery time.

August 1st OD here,

I was hoping to get a VIN by now, but no luck. Any one down in SoCal get any Vins today?

OD 7/29. I had a VIN assigned last week and delivery was supposed to be 12/31, but I was one of the (un)lucky ones to get my delivery appointment cancelled.

I still have my VIN assigned, but I'm not sure if that will stick so I'm treating it as if I don't have a VIN. Current EDD is 1/5 to1/15.

The DA has pretty much been silent since they told me they wouldn't make 12/31. I enter EDD window again in 2 days but from lots of experience having my EDD pushed back every time I enter the window, I'm pretty sure it will happen again in 2 days.

Last edited:
That looks very much like mine will - when it comes. Love it! How did your charging arrangement go?
Screenshot_20220103-162140_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: ryneezy