Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a MYP and a MYLR on March 19, 2022.
EDD for the MYP was originally May 22-July 3, 2022. EDD for the MYLR was originally October.
EDD for the MYP changed in May to June 3-July 1, 2022. EDD for the MYLR remained the same in May.
On May 28, 2022, I received a text asking if I had a trade in.
On June 4, 2022, the EDD for the MYP changed to June 17-July 1, 2022.
On June 6, 2022, the EDD for the MYLR changed to December 2022-March 2023.
On June 8, 2022, the EDD for my MYLR changed to November 14-January 9, 2023.
On June 9, 2022, I received a text asking me to confirm Registration Information was correct. No VIN assigned yet.
On June 10, 2022, EDD for my MYP changed to June23-July 7, 2022.
On June 20, 2022, I received a text indicating my MLP has been issued a VIN. Delivery date updated to June 23-June 27, 2022.
On June 21, 2022, I received a phone call to schedule my pick up date. Pick up date scheduled for June 24, 2022.
On June 24, 2022, I picked up my MYP. I didn't have any issues with my car. Quality from my point of view was great.

Reactions: JDEWD250
Got home delivery today (L.A. area) of MYP Blue/Black. Nothing wrong with car. Got Michelin tires, even though it is basically summer all year, but I'll take it! Got the mobile connector despite order date of 4/21 and after the Elon announcement of it not to be included.
Got notice to schedule delivery on 6/25, earliest date was 6/28. Got final payment notice a few hours later after delivery scheduled, paid right away. They called me early AM today and said they can do delivery today afternoon since I already made final payment.

Got home delivery today (L.A. area) of MYP Blue/Black. Nothing wrong with car. Got Michelin tires, even though it is basically summer all year, but I'll take it! Got the mobile connector despite order date of 4/21 and after the Elon announcement of it not to be included.
Got notice to schedule delivery on 6/25, earliest date was 6/28. Got final payment notice a few hours later after delivery scheduled, paid right away. They called me early AM today and said they can do delivery today afternoon since I already made final payment.
Nice! Congrats. If my timeline is anything like yours im a week out! 🤞

A friend took delivery of a Model S with an early May OD and also received a mobil connector.

Reactions: mrazndead
Curious if anyone in SoCal is interested in PPF / Ceramic? We have a group buy going and would love to get a couple more folks in the mix to hit the price break with Sticker City. They're booking out to mid/late July now, so if anyone is taking delivery soon:) I'm taking delivery tomorrow and getting the work done in July.

DM me if interested!
Not sure how to DM or prolly cant cause im new, but im interested if the price is a big diff

Ordered MYLR white/ gemini wheel/ black interior 5 seat on 11/21 with EDD 11/22.
on March, I switched added FSD, EDD changed to May. On May, got VIN, but I put on hold till Oct through SA, due to my current leased car. Im now trying to release a hold to get back in line, any one has experience on what's typical wait time would be? I heard that earliest VIN would be assigned but just wan to know general time frame.
Also, trying to remove FSD once I get VIN since I no longer think it worth it and EAP is available.
And if want to finance, is DCU still the best? Every bank now bumped up their APR.

We went to pick up our car today at the service center. Staff there was friendly, but we unfortunately quickly noticed numerous panel gap issues, panels not being flush, windows sticking out, and a couple paint oddities (though this last point wasn’t significant). We were not allowed to look inside the car without accepting delivery. But a quick glance through the window and I saw fabric not appropriately tucked into one of the pillars and could see some fraying, a decent size scuff on the dash, etc. We decided to reject this one.

Debating whether we want to see this process through as it gives me pause re: how flippant they are about build quality. Confirming they are trying to get cars out to customers as quickly as possible and allowing time for the customer to flag any identified issues for correction.

We went to pick up our car today at the service center. Staff there was friendly, but we unfortunately quickly noticed numerous panel gap issues, panels not being flush, windows sticking out, and a couple paint oddities (though this last point wasn’t significant). We were not allowed to look inside the car without accepting delivery. But a quick glance through the window and I saw fabric not appropriately tucked into one of the pillars and could see some fraying, a decent size scuff on the dash, etc. We decided to reject this one.

Debating whether we want to see this process through as it gives me pause re: how flippant they are about build quality. Confirming they are trying to get cars out to customers as quickly as possible and allowing time for the customer to flag any identified issues for correction.
Interesting how things vary so much from delivery center to delivery center. I picked up mine Tuesday and the car was perfect. Mine was unlocked so I was able to check out the interior as long as I wanted before accepting delivery. The only hiccups were they forgot to put the temp plates on while prepping and it was still in transport mode. Just took an extra 10 mins to get someone to put the temp plate on and take it out of transport mode.

Reactions: JDEWD250