Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As my delivery date is approaching, I'm getting confused by many reviews on internet regarding owning both of their cars as EVs. I was planning to go all electric, but mileage anxiety etc. are scaring me a bit. I'm pretty sure that many of you in CA must be having both cars as Tesla. I also intend to do so, but wanted to hear back the experience from others who owned all EVs.
We have had all electric cars for three years now and never a problem. Have a charger at home and plenty of superchargers around. I live in So Cal.

Ordered MYLR white/ gemini wheel/ black interior 5 seat on 11/21 with EDD 11/22.
on March, I switched added FSD, EDD changed to May. On May, got VIN, but I put on hold till Oct through SA, due to my current leased car. Im now trying to release a hold to get back in line, any one has experience on what's typical wait time would be? I heard that earliest VIN would be assigned but just wan to know general time frame.
Also, trying to remove FSD once I get VIN since I no longer think it worth it and EAP is available.
And if want to finance, is DCU still the best? Every bank now bumped up their APR.
I release the hold and continue to be back on waitlist. EDD after the hold release was Aug 8 - Sep 12. Today changed to Jul 23 - Aug 2.

OD 4/15
MYLR7
Red exterior
Black interior
20in Inductions
EDD1 October - January
EDD2 December 7 - February 1
Added FSD on 7/4 but it hasn’t affected EDD.
Located in Orange County
You just ordered in April and are located in CA. I wouldn’t expect it until one of the EOQ pushes. You did add FSD so they may bump you up sooner, but probably to December’s EOQ.
I ordered mine in October 2021 and received it at the end of June in the EOQ push.

You just ordered in April and are located in CA. I wouldn’t expect it until one of the EOQ pushes. You did add FSD so they may bump you up sooner, but probably to December’s EOQ.
I ordered mine in October 2021 and received it at the end of June in the EOQ push.
Honestly that's what I'm expecting. I would hope that Tesla prioritizes 2021 and early 2022 orders before mines but ours is pretty heavily optioned, so if Tesla is in fact prioritizing higher cost/profit orders, then I would think EOY is realistic for us.