Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all, just switched my red/black MYLR7 w/ FSD to a red/black MYP w/ FSD today. OD 4/15 in SoCal. Current EDD is still showing Dec-Feb. Was wondering if anyone has done similar and how long it took for EDD to update? Or if I’d be pushed to back of the line, or if they look at the April OD? Thanks!

It's been a crazy morning. I woke up to a message asking me to schedule delivery (Sunday - Tuesday). So looks like I immediately got a VIN and delivery schedule this morning or very late last night. I picked Sunday and it looks like it's a home delivery even though I'm close to Burbank.
I was told they give the option for home delivery only if you are close. At least the Irvine location told me they have up to a 15 mile radius from their location in which they will do a home delivery. Congrats on a quick VIN and delivery scheduling.

Reactions: toast4321
I was told they give the option for home delivery only if you are close. At least the Irvine location told me they have up to a 15 mile radius from their location in which they will do a home delivery. Congrats on a quick VIN and delivery scheduling.
There was no option for pickup, only delivery. I was planning to take a long time in their parking lot inspecting the car, but now looks like I can do that at home which is fine. Fingers crossed that there are no glaring issues because I can actually bring it in for PPF on Monday.

How soon are SF Bay Area people getting deliver after VIN? I’m seeing 2-3 days after, but wanted to double check.

Thanks.
Yes, you’ll need to go in to the app and fill in your financial info. Then you’ll get a text to schedule and appt and the date will be within 2 days usually. In the Bay Area once you get the VIN, you have to move fast. This is typically because it’s usually part of the EOQ push.

Reactions: JDEWD250
Yes, you’ll need to go in to the app and fill in your financial info. Then you’ll get a text to schedule and appt and the date will be within 2 days usually. In the Bay Area once you get the VIN, you have to move fast. This is typically because it’s usually part of the EOQ push.
Seriously… repost from the Oct 2021 thread….

Home delivery originally scheduled for July 26. Called the delivery center to change to pickup, since I live 10 minutes away.

New pickup day scheduled for tomorrow, July 24. Confirmed that car is already there now.

So VIN to pickup is 2 days….

Reactions: turbof128
Order date: 1/8/2022 - Los Angeles

MYLR - 5 seats
White
Black interior
Tow
19” Gemini wheels
No FSD

EDD
May 19-June 16
Feb 11: June 9-July 7
Feb 21: August
Fe23: June 12-July10
March 5: August
March 14: June 18- July 16
March 15: July 9 - Sept 3
March 24: June 6 - July 18
March 29: July 7 - Aug 18
April 22: July 13 - Aug 24
June 3: Aug 12- Sept 23
July 6 - added FSD
July 10: July 22 - Aug 5
July 13: July 18 - July 29
July 19: July 24 - Aug 7

Seriously… repost from the Oct 2021 thread….

Home delivery originally scheduled for July 26. Called the delivery center to change to pickup, since I live 10 minutes away.

New pickup day scheduled for tomorrow, July 24. Confirmed that car is already there now.

So VIN to pickup is 2 days….
Yeah, I got my VIN late on 6/23 and took delivery 6/28. Moves fast in the EOQ push in the Bay Area.

Order date: 1/8/2022 - Los Angeles

MYLR - 5 seats
White
Black interior
Tow
19” Gemini wheels
No FSD

EDD
May 19-June 16
Feb 11: June 9-July 7
Feb 21: August
Fe23: June 12-July10
March 5: August
March 14: June 18- July 16
March 15: July 9 - Sept 3
March 24: June 6 - July 18
March 29: July 7 - Aug 18
April 22: July 13 - Aug 24
June 3: Aug 12- Sept 23
July 6 - added FSD
July 10: July 22 - Aug 5
July 13: July 18 - July 29
July 19: July 24 - Aug 7
Same area and order as yours except I got White Interior and ordered in November.

My Delivery is August 1st- August 29th so it looks like White Interiors are the culprit for delay.