Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California VINs: are you still waiting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s funny, I’ve been pretty good the last 4+ weeks since my 2/14 Blk/EAP/Aero in Southern Cali order and I know my VIN is likely coming any second (likely, right?...LIKELY!! RIGHT!!!???) but I think I’m officially beginning to lose my mind lol.

It’s all relative though cause i know there are people who ordered the week before me who are just now getting Vins, so I think I’ll be ok. I was hoping to get my car before I go out of town on Tuesday; but now I’ll just have to look forward to getting it when I get back. I’ll just have to try to resist looking on tesla.com while I’m on vacation (haha, yeah right). Hope I can soon be on the otherside with my vehicle in my garage telling other people to “be patient”—I envy them, especially the ones who got their Vin rather quickly...but soon this will be a distant funny memory, like anxiously waiting for the 3 announcement, waiting for the reservation day, monitoring Elon’s twitter for 3 updates, and waiting for the invite to configure. Soon enough!!

• Love
Reactions: David L and ELRev
Here is another interesting thing to go look at, go to spreadsheet and find a black 3 assigned a VIN to a CA reservation...

I only found one recently, and then before that, the last one to go to a Californian was like Feb 7th or something like that. Definitely drew the short straw.

Here is another interesting thing to go look at, go to spreadsheet and find a black 3 assigned a VIN to a CA reservation...

I only found one recently, and then before that, the last one to go to a Californian was like Feb 7th or something like that. Definitely drew the short straw.

I think I need to take a break from all of this and not look at any more forums, charts or ‘reservation numbers that haven’t magically morphed into a Vin’ for awhile...I’m taking a break!! A BREAK, I TELL YOU!!!

(*Sigh* Be back in 2.6 min )

Seems crazy to start this thread, given that Elon originally said West Coast orders would be prioritized. Just wanted to gather people who have received or are still waiting on VINs in California. Lately it seems priority is going to the rest of the country.

I'll be at 5 weeks with no VIN as of this Sunday. Configured on 2/4, current owner, black, aeros, EAP. I live about 15 minutes from Fremont.

Speculation is black and white haven't had a large production run recently, and 19" wheels are being prioritized.

Are others here seeing the same thing in CA? Any Jan and early Feb configs still waiting?
I received my VIN last week, configured on 2/17 online, non-owner, Midnight Silver sport wheels

My VIN appeared overnight. Bay Area with Fremont pickup.
Configured 2/9 - midnight silver metallic, EAP, aero

VIN 68XX

Confusing why the VIN is so low...it appears that this batch was distributed 1-2 weeks ago. Must have been a few leftover. Hopefully no downsides.
I don't think it's a big deal. Even if there was some problem that they fixed, that just means you won't have that problem.