Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope this will give you guys some hope!

Took delivery of my Model Y in San Diego on 9/12, VIN 485xx made this month
MSM LR AWD, inductions w/ tow hitch
Zero paint or panel gap issues, looks better than our 12/2019 Model 3
One smudge on the interior of the driver side A-pillar and the steering wheel is turned slightly to the right when cruising on the highway (tracks straight).

Just received a text stating:
"Tesla Update - we currently expect your Model Y to be ready for delivery this week. Once your model Y starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment."

Order date: 8/31, LR, Black, White interior, FSD, tow hitch

Reactions: joshwa_RN
Ordered July 26th - LR AWD, White Interior, FSD, Midnight Silver
Switched Aug 12th - Switched same above to Performance Upgrade (Was told this would not effect delivery in early Sept)
Completed financing approval same day
No Text, VIN, Nada. Still waiting on a car...

"Tesla Update - we currently expect your Model Y to be ready for delivery this week. Once your model Y starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment."

Congrats! That's some good news! Hopefully you are the beginning of something big for us western states...

I’d be interested to hear if your VIN and MVPA were uploaded to your account in conjunction with the text...

Just put my order in. So Cal, pickup in Costa Mesa.

The order confirmation stated 7-11 weeks for an LR, White on White, Hitch, Induction no FSD.
Congrats and nice configuration. You've got some time to check your account 50 times a day and buy a bunch of accessories like the rest of us have. Everyone in this thread is waiting for delivery before Q3 ends on September 30.

Still No update in my order, Fristrated cause I know ppl that ordered a day or 2 befeore and after me thats recieved their MY already thursday will be week 6, Sold my Car to Carvana since they offered 3k more and is being picked up on the 23rd hope it comes soon. Im in Nor Cal Roseville.

Order date was 8/6
MSM/White/Tow/20”/No FSD

For anyone that hasn't received their VIN, you can call your SA and change the delivery location. I changed mine from Dublin to Fremont as they said it would be faster to get the car. I confirmed with the Fremont show room that they have pickup still where I go to pick it up. I prefer that instead of a delivery to my home so that I can review the car first. I'm not anticipating problems, mostly want to do this at the factory :)

Ordered Aug 8, LR/White ext/Black int/No Tow - No VIN yet

Just got off the phone with the Rocklin location for update they said no VIN yet but should be getting my delivery in the next week or 2 ‍♂️... They also told me I wont be getting the standard txt messages anymore just updates to when the car would be leaving the factory and expect my VIN within 2 days of getting that txt. Glad I got an update but was really wishing it would come sooner than 2 more weeks.

Reactions: alexcue