Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so I was at serramonte today getting Popeye. Figure I'll stop by that Tesla delivery center to check out the MY built since I got a txt yesterday my MY will be ready in 3-8 days.

Current vehicle is a plug in Prius. So whenever im charging on the street and I noticed a MY charging, I quickly take a look at the built. Most of them are early VIN so I see alot of built issues. I also been monitoring this forum and reddit on other ppl delivery and issues. I work on motorcycles for 15+ years so bodyworks is my thing.

today, I quickly look at 5 MY. 3 gray, 1 blue and 1 white. All 50k+ VIN. Cars was still getting prep for delivery so I did noticed some sticker residue on the trim, no big deal. Easy to remove. Obviously I can't see the inside so no comment. I ordered a White so the paint was my main concern. Bumper match so im happy.

Next concern, taillight and charging port alignment. From what I can see, its slightly off (very little). Again, no big deal. All the trim look good to me. Panel gaps all look good too. I don't see any issues with the paint. Frunk and trunk look good. Only thing I might have a issue is the doors. Its a little off. you have to be very closeup to see it or look at it from a angle. Hopefully they can fix it easily by some adjustment. Door handles are flush. I did noticed a couple little or short (1 cm) deep scratch on the trim. U have to look very closely to see them. To me, no big deal. After a week or so, car would be used so it won't bother me.

I would take pictures today but I had my wife and daughter with me. sorry! Plus I didnt want the workers to give me the eyes.

If I was picking up those MY today, I would accept. Hopefully this will help those waiting for delivery in the next 8 days!

FYI. I ordered on 7/25. MY LR 19" wheel WHITE /blk interior with tow. From south SF.

Last edited:
Has anyone received delivery well past the estimated delivery window received via text messages?

I received a "5 - 8 day estimated delivery from today" yesterday. I'm traveling out of town for work on Oct. 3rd and my pickup location is in Rocklin, CA. I visited the center yesterday, but all the SAs there were useless and pretty much said they couldn't help me until I was matched with a VIN. I ordered on 8/2 and have the most non-responsive SA ever. His first name is Bryan and he was originally from the Burlingame SC, but has moved to the newer Serramonte Location. Any text I send him either gets replied back in a week or no reply at all. And I try to only text/call once a week (don't want to be pushy).

The 8 day mark puts me to receive my Model Y on the 29th at the latest. I ordered on 8/2 a LR AWD, Grey, Gemini, Autopilot with black interior. Its heartbreaking seeing people order much later and receiving their cards much sooner. If I wasn't traveling soon I wouldn't be concerned so much.

Has anyone received delivery well past the estimated delivery window received via text messages?

I received a "5 - 8 day estimated delivery from today" yesterday. I'm traveling out of town for work on Oct. 3rd and my pickup location is in Rocklin, CA. I visited the center yesterday, but all the SAs there were useless and pretty much said they couldn't help me until I was matched with a VIN. I ordered on 8/2 and have the most non-responsive SA ever. His first name is Bryan and he was originally from the Burlingame SC, but has moved to the newer Serramonte Location. Any text I send him either gets replied back in a week or no reply at all. And I try to only text/call once a week (don't want to be pushy).

The 8 day mark puts me to receive my Model Y on the 29th at the latest. I ordered on 8/2 a LR AWD, Grey, Gemini, Autopilot with black interior. Its heartbreaking seeing people order much later and receiving their cards much sooner. If I wasn't traveling soon I wouldn't be concerned so much.
I’m picking up in Rocklin. All I can get is “it should get delivered by the end of the month”.

Im picking up in Rocklin as well, got my VIN yesterday but through Tesla Chat under Support on the website, I then called into Rocklin to see if I can get more details, Then they told me “oh yeah looks like you got a VIN” and I dont believe they would have ever called me about recieving one. So basically Ive had to do all the work to find out about the status of my car. Im call them again tomorrow for more updates to see if i need to fix my work schedule for next week to be able to pick up? I too also Ordered the MSM but with White interior, 20”, Tow, and no FSD, Ordered 8/6. Ill keep you posted. So basically All im trying to say is you prob will have to do some extra digging yourself. I didbt want to bother them either but ive been more consistant on calling the service center the pass 2 weeks.

The only time I ever used the chat they wouldn’t even begin to help look for a VIN or check anything. They said if my SA hadn’t given me a VIN there was nothing they could do.
And yes, Rocklin has only said “you should be good for September.” I find it hard to believe that with less than a week to go there is no system anywhere at Tesla that has an idea if I will have an entire car built and delivered by Wednesday.

Funny how most of us here having little or lagging communication from our SA.

seem liked they’re train, only reply if U think is 100% serious. Or if the customer wants to cancel their order.

any Qs I have, Expect 3-4 days to hear back. Txt or emails. If I call, same story. Wait 3-4 days. I needed some answers from my 3rd party loan app so I needed my SA help. Wasn’t liked contacting her daily and asking her where’s my car!

Oddly the person directly above me in the spreadsheet with the same exact order, same area for pick up, got a VIN today and is picking up Friday and I'm just in a holding pattern. Canceling plans this week and next. As it appears I'll have a limited amount of time to get the car before it goes to someone else.

Im picking up in Rocklin as well, got my VIN yesterday but through Tesla Chat under Support on the website, I then called into Rocklin to see if I can get more details, Then they told me “oh yeah looks like you got a VIN” and I dont believe they would have ever called me about recieving one. So basically Ive had to do all the work to find out about the status of my car. Im call them again tomorrow for more updates to see if i need to fix my work schedule for next week to be able to pick up? I too also Ordered the MSM but with White interior, 20”, Tow, and no FSD, Ordered 8/6. Ill keep you posted. So basically All im trying to say is you prob will have to do some extra digging yourself. I didbt want to bother them either but ive been more consistant on calling the service center the pass 2 weeks.

I'll definitely try calling them directly tomorrow. If you can keep me updated that would be great. Would love to know if the delivery service/inspection is at least more pleasant than the sales experience has been so far. I'm beginning to wonder what Sales Advisors actually do on an hourly basis if there are no customers testing driving or picking up new vehicles. By any chance, do you happen to be an RN in the Rocklin area? I just moved to Folsom from San Bruno for a new job as an RN.

Great News Today... Got my VIN. Ordered 8/25... Delivery Appt is 9/27, so just about a month between delivery and order.... VIN is 55XXX.
LR/Blue/ Black Interior/20" RIMS/ FSD..... Carlsbad pick-up.... hopefully the car will be there a few days and they QA it before I get there Sunday.... been hearing horror stories lately about QA issues coming from Fremont...

I'll definitely try calling them directly tomorrow. If you can keep me updated that would be great. Would love to know if the delivery service/inspection is at least more pleasant than the sales experience has been so far. I'm beginning to wonder what Sales Advisors actually do on an hourly basis if there are no customers testing driving or picking up new vehicles. By any chance, do you happen to be an RN in the Rocklin area? I just moved to Folsom from San Bruno for a new job as an RN.

Will Do :), Yup RN here work here in Roseville at Kaiser. Welcome to the area! Where will you be if you dont mind me asking?