Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think mine was a couple of days before pickup. I waited till the last minute to upload my trade in and insurance info. Once you get the appointment email, they give you a 3 day window to pick it up
I've got my pickup scheduled for Thursday morning but no final docs...and I need the lending info to get the insurance finalized + to know who to make my down payment out to on the bank draft. I've messaged the SA and they said I'd have it today but crickets...so another message their way and still no reply except for an automated reminder to upload my insurance. Hopefully it comes tomorrow before the bank closes so I can get this all g2g for Thursday morning

Hey guys, sorry if this is not the proper thread as my car is actually a M3 SR+.
But since I'm in Canada, I hope it's ok for me to post here. I didn't find a "canada waiting room" thread in the M3 subforum.

Anyway, I have a very old order, from october 2021. I was struggling to get approved for the loan, since I was still on a temporary worker visa, so the EDD was being pushed since last year. But then I got my PR, and it was instantly approved and now EDD is August 4 - September 8.

I went to a Tesla store yesterday and they told me my order was in good standing and was given a "green sign" (whatever that means) and I should expect delivery mid august.

Idk, I'm a little skeptic as 2 months seems like really good waiting time compared to what I have been seeing from other people.

Maybe it's because my order is from from 2021? So Maybe I have priority over other people? Any thoughts?

But even 2 months seems a lot when you're already waiting for almost a year LOL. I hope it comes even sooner...

Hey, Tesla is kind of lowballing me with the trade-in. any suggestions where I could sell my car?
I'm in SK... and there's a lease in progress...
Did you factor in the TAX part in the trade in offer? For example in my case Tesla only offered me $37600 for my trade in but elsewhere I got quote for $42500 ~ $43000, it seems like a low balled offer however if I factor in 13% HST when trading it in to Tesla then I am not really losing much.

Hey guys, sorry if this is not the proper thread as my car is actually a M3 SR+.
But since I'm in Canada, I hope it's ok for me to post here. I didn't find a "canada waiting room" thread in the M3 subforum.

Anyway, I have a very old order, from october 2021. I was struggling to get approved for the loan, since I was still on a temporary worker visa, so the EDD was being pushed since last year. But then I got my PR, and it was instantly approved and now EDD is August 4 - September 8.

I went to a Tesla store yesterday and they told me my order was in good standing and was given a "green sign" (whatever that means) and I should expect delivery mid august.

Idk, I'm a little skeptic as 2 months seems like really good waiting time compared to what I have been seeing from other people.

Maybe it's because my order is from from 2021? So Maybe I have priority over other people? Any thoughts?

But even 2 months seems a lot when you're already waiting for almost a year LOL. I hope it comes even sooner...
To make you feel better, there are still handful of people with MYLR order around or before your OD are still waiting.....M3 orders got filled much quicker than our MY orders

5.1% Scotia here with credit close to 800. 🤷🏽‍♂️
It went up now to 5.45 on order page as of June 2nd.

Both are garbage compared to our southern brothers at 1.8-2.5%.
Apparently our neighbors ain't much better than us anymore, I read their threads they are up around 4% also lol

I just resubmit my financing application right on 5/31 to avoid another round of rate hike, got 4.85% from Scotia with a credit score of 840, last time back in Feb when I first applied it was 2.85% from RBC.....Never seen an inflation like this in my life.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Destiny1701
Apparently our neighbors ain't much better than us anymore, I read their threads they are up around 4% also lol

I just resubmit my financing application right on 5/31 to avoid another round of rate hike, got 4.85% from Scotia with a credit score of 840, last time back in Feb when I first applied it was 2.85% from RBC.....Never seen an inflation like this in my life.....
How come I got 5.15 with 860 credit 😭