Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still waiting for ours to update...

2022 Model Y Performance (MSM/No Tow/Added FSD a few weeks ago)
OD: May 31 (EDD July - Sept 2022)
EDD on Jun 1: Aug 5 - Sept 16
EDD on Jun 12: Aug 7 - Sept 11
I have the same EDD currently. And the same config. Slightly earlier OD but I was MYLR7 and switched to MYP last week. I have fingers crossed for both of us🤞

Reactions: Individoo
Do all Canadian deliveries of MYP come with the AS tires? Has anyone seen reports of MYP being delivered with the Pirelli summer tires?
I see a bunch of recent June deliveries in the US where people in the snow belt and WA state are randomly getting summer tires and then people in California are randomly getting Michelin AS. Seems just pure randomness during the EOQ push.

I'm getting ready to switch to MYP but I really don't want summer tires. Of course I live in the one part of Canada that doesn't get snow (at least not more than 2 weeks a year) so just wondering if Tesla would ship Pirellis here???

FWIW, someone in my neighbourhood just took delivery of a MYP, and I notice it has summer tires on it. My bad though, didn’t pay attention to whether they were Pirelli or Michelin. I’ll peak more closely at my next dog walk.

FWIW, someone in my neighbourhood just took delivery of a MYP, and I notice it has summer tires on it. My bad though, didn’t pay attention to whether they were Pirelli or Michelin. I’ll peak more closely at my next dog walk.
Thanks....it seems like it was very random during the EOQ push. Lots of California people getting Michelin AS...lots of snowy climate people getting Pirelli summers. The only summers they ship are Pirelli, the only AS are Michelin. It seemed like it used to be a little more controlled in the first 2 months of a quarter with AS going to more northern climates.

Thanks....it seems like it was very random during the EOQ push. Lots of California people getting Michelin AS...lots of snowy climate people getting Pirelli summers. The only summers they ship are Pirelli, the only AS are Michelin. It seemed like it used to be a little more controlled in the first 2 months of a quarter with AS going to more northern climates.
you still planning to upgrade to a MYP?

MYLR had continental AS which i picked up last week. Another one next to mine with upgraded wheels had Goodyear. In Toronto.

you still planning to upgrade to a MYP?
Most likely yes. That way I can pretty much control when I get the car within a few weeks time and have everything ready to go including non-Tesla trade in offers and my line of credit to use to pay Tesla.

Especially with recent reports that new MYP suspension is as soft/smooth or even better than older gen MYLR.

Thanks for that. I hadn't paid attention to what the MYLR comes with. It seems all the complaints are in regards to getting full summers that wear quite quickly on the MYP (Pirelli).
I'm not surprised. It's funny because with my previous car, I would've wanted the full summer performance tires that were super grippy, which usually meant you sacrifice durability/wear, but with my upcoming MYP, it's not like I'm bringing the car to the track or really driving aggressively to have a desire for summer performance tires.

Weird how my mindset has changed once moving towards an EV, ha ha.

(....still had to get the Performance model though, ha ha ha)

Hello everyone

I order my Model Y Long Range on Nov 7 2021.

My EDD is currently December 07 - February 01.

If I change my order to the Performance version, will I get the price that was on Nov 7 for the performance? If so, how do you go about making that change? I checked on the Tesla account website but there is no option to change, only option I see is upgrade which is only to add FSD or Enhanced Autopilot. I tried to call the Tesla store in Vaughan, Ontario but I could not speak to anyone, the message tells me to check the website.

I'd appreciate any help.
Thanks,
Bob

Hello everyone

If I change my order to the Performance version, will I get the price that was on Nov 7 for the performance? If so, how do you go about making that change? I checked on the Tesla account website but there is no option to change, only option I see is upgrade which is only to add FSD or Enhanced Autopilot. I tried to call the Tesla store in Vaughan, Ontario but I could not speak to anyone, the message tells me to check the website.

I'd appreciate any help.
Thanks,
Bob
You can try this method with the link below. It works for me for my March order and I get March pricing with a $600 increased delivery fee.
However another November order can't get the link to work for him so not sure if that has to do with the older order date. In the US November orders seem to be able to change with old pricing but the US has had that option for much longer. Canada just got the option about a month ago.

Anyways, log out of your account on tesla.com. Enter this URL with your unique RN# at the end: www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RN##########
It will prompt you to login. It will then usually bring you to your Dashboard. Click on the Manage button by your car you ordered. Once into your order page (where you can add FSD etc) enter that URL again into the address bar. See if that works for your order.

Reactions: wolfgang007
You can try this method with the link below. It works for me for my March order and I get March pricing with a $600 increased delivery fee.
However another November order can't get the link to work for him so not sure if that has to do with the older order date. In the US November orders seem to be able to change with old pricing but the US has had that option for much longer. Canada just got the option about a month ago.

Anyways, log out of your account on tesla.com. Enter this URL with your unique RN# at the end: www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RN##########
It will prompt you to login. It will then usually bring you to your Dashboard. Click on the Manage button by your car you ordered. Once into your order page (where you can add FSD etc) enter that URL again into the address bar. See if that works for your order.
Thanks for that. I have tried that method several times between phone and computers, even changed to a different computer but cannot see any option to change other than upgrade to FSD.

Sorry, just realized I had mentioned 'Pirelli or Michelin' in my comment as I thought some maybe come with Michelin summers. I was thinking that based on seeing M3Ps with Michelin Pilot Sport tires and assuming it was same for MYP.

Hello everyone

I'd appreciate any help.
Thanks,
Bob
Just text back Sa and they will take care of it. Yes you will get the order date price of model y performance.

I’m looking to find ccs to Tesla adaptor. Tesla stoped selling them & On eBay people are selling it for 600$+
Any leads highly appreciated.