Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You won't regret the MYP order. As an MYP buyer who drove the MYLR daily both are the same as I drive the MYP in chill all the time, it seems a bit jerky on the sport. The tires are good to look at but will be replaced as they do bounce a lot on unsettling downtown roads. Paintwise if you do not want to maintain the car at all with PPF then white is the best as it shows zero marks with regular use, ill do ppf if I see some issue

Overall I have traveled approx ~2500km in the past month and spent approx ~70$ in total charging costs (i use a level 2 free charger near my place and used supercharging only twice), so a saving of approx 430$ in the first month over a gas car. Next month ill try to go lower

You won't regret the MYP order. As an MYP buyer who drove the MYLR daily both are the same as I drive the MYP in chill all the time, it seems a bit jerky on the sport. The tires are good to look at but will be replaced as they do bounce a lot on unsettling downtown roads. Paintwise if you do not want to maintain the car at all with PPF then white is the best as it shows zero marks with regular use, ill do ppf if I see some issue

Overall I have traveled approx ~2500km in the past month and spent approx ~70$ in total charging costs (i use a level 2 free charger near my place and used supercharging only twice), so a saving of approx 430$ in the first month over a gas car. Next month ill try to go lower
Ok this raises a good point. I despise white because I feel it always looks dirty (we have a white Outlander PHEV now). So I go MSM. It’s a mark vs. muck decision. Is white the better overall choice?

I was able to do that. OOD for my MY LR was Jan 12 2021. Given all the delays, I switched my order to MY P and got lookback pricing. Not all reps seem to be knowledgeable that this is available, one Tesla rep told me I'd have to order at today's price 🤣. Needless to say I asked him to clarify and then a rep from Montreal chimed in and got me all setup

Somebody's gonna be happy soon, I spotted this on HWY 401 @ McCowan Road on my way home

IMG_4390.jpeg

I went to have a chat with my SA and was disappointed to learn how strict they are on the 3-day hold.

After going through 10+ delivery delays my new delivery date bounds the one vacation I take each year lol.

Here's to hoping for yet another delay. Thanks Tesla!

I told the SA that I would leave a briefcase full of cash at the door but that did not seem to help.

I went to have a chat with my SA and was disappointed to learn how strict they are on the 3-day hold.

After going through 10+ delivery delays my new delivery date bounds the one vacation I take each year lol.

Here's to hoping for yet another delay. Thanks Tesla!

I told the SA that I would leave a briefcase full of cash at the door but that did not seem to help.
Wire transfer or drop by with a draft and have them home deliver.

Reactions: canadian.bacon
When is your delivery date? They usually give you a few days window and sometimes upto 2 weeks. But they are swamped for quarter end.
Updated in signature: it's a 4 week window (July 15-Aug12) and my vacation is right in the middle (2 week).

I've had a bunch of 2 week windows before so they are kind of making it hard for me to plan anything.

That Rivian RS1 is looking tempting lol.

That Rivian RS1 is looking tempting lol.
LOL....they haven't even brought the R1T into Canada yet and haven't built a service center yet which is probably one of the reasons they haven't delivered any Canadian trucks.

I'm sure if you put in an R1S order now you may see it in 2024...but they won't even tell you the price anymore until they are ready to deliver one to you. Tesla is a mess but Rivian is a much bigger mess.

Ok this raises a good point. I despise white because I feel it always looks dirty (we have a white Outlander PHEV now). So I go MSM. It’s a mark vs. muck decision. Is white the better overall choice?
Waiting almost a year for a MYLR and very temped to switch to a MYP seeing this, to try and get a vehicle faster. Current EDD is July/Aug and need a vehicle soon. Does anyone think a move to a MYP at this point makes sense, or just continue to wait it out.

I do not like the regular plain white, but pearl luminescence makes it look better in real life. To each his own, i do not like the MSM, but the red was my first preference

Reactions: Individoo
Waiting almost a year for a MYLR and very temped to switch to a MYP seeing this, to try and get a vehicle faster. Current EDD is July/Aug and need a vehicle soon. Does anyone think a move to a MYP at this point makes sense, or just continue to wait it out.
Do you have a specific July-Aug date or just the vague months? I would say if you'd done the MYP switch a few weeks ago you'd have your car by end of June to pad the numbers. But now it is unlikely there is a car to send quickly to Halifax by next Thursday. So you may get the MYP right away in July or maybe not? That is a tough call??

Posted too soon, didn't see the EDD July august, if you are getting the extremely old MYLR price of near 72k C$ stick with it, that's amazing value. MYP makes sense for current prices

Posted too soon, didn't see the EDD July august, if you are getting the extremely old MYLR price of near 72k C$ stick with it, that's amazing value. MYP makes sense for current prices
72500 including tow/white interior. After checking the price difference back then was around 12k more for the MYP. I think you are right much better value to stick it out and wait.

Do you have a specific July-Aug date or just the vague months? I would say if you'd done the MYP switch a few weeks ago you'd have your car by end of June to pad the numbers. But now it is unlikely there is a car to send quickly to Halifax by next Thursday. So you may get the MYP right away in July or maybe not? That is a tough call??
Just vague months that keep changing. Didn't realize the price difference back then going to a MYP, isn't as close as it is now.