Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered May 15 2021. Delivery Date went from 4-11 weeks first week. 3-12 after 2 weeks. then this week. Tuesday June 10-30, wednesday 9-29, Friday June 8 - 28. Sales advisor told me early July tho

I ordered my MY LR MSM with tow hitch on March 27, been at 1-10 weeks from order date until this morning. Bummed out as it now says 3-13 weeks from now, not from order date. I see you're in Edmonton, so am I. Hoping it won't be another 13 weeks and that early July delivery is a reality for me too.

I ordered my MY LR MSM with tow hitch on March 27, been at 1-10 weeks from order date until this morning. Bummed out as it now says 3-13 weeks from now, not from order date. I see you're in Edmonton, so am I. Hoping it won't be another 13 weeks and that early July delivery is a reality for me too.
Tip: You cant slip your sales advisor a hundy to get bumped up ( I asked) Forgot to mention I order a SR+ Pearl White. I think base M3's are getting pushed faster. I got some insider info from Live Chat support saying a batch of cars should be delivered before the end of June. They give you a longer delivery range so that you dont get your hopes up, and when your car comes early youll be really happy.

Whats the blue button ?

@Csookhoo anyone that had an outstanding MY order placed before Tesla announced removal of radar from Model 3/Model Y that is going to be delivered a Model 3 or Y without the radar hardware has been prompted in their account to accept the change before they can get their car. That's the blue button, the acceptance of the change.

Tip: You cant slip your sales advisor a hundy to get bumped up ( I asked) Forgot to mention I order a SR+ Pearl White. I think base M3's are getting pushed faster. I got some insider info from Live Chat support saying a batch of cars should be delivered before the end of June. They give you a longer delivery range so that you dont get your hopes up, and when your car comes early youll be really happy.
LOL... didn't think to try that strategy! Just heard back from my SA, I honestly don't thing there's anything she can do. My takeaway: these delivery timeframes are meaningless. And I quote:

"I hope you are doing well, Thank-you for your email. We appreciate your patience and understand the uncertainty of not knowing the exact timing of delivery.

It does look like you were slightly moved in the queue however until we have the VIN#, you will notice the ETA on your account will change as the factory changes order of the builds/colors to maximize productions. Based on where you are falling in the queue now compared to everyone else, I would guess you would expect your VIN# closer to Mid-June and delivery closer to End of June.

You did order prior to the cut off so we are doing everything we can do deliver your Tesla before the End of June. We will keep you updated every step of the way once we have a VIN# and ETA. Please continue to let us know how we can assist you best as we wait for a delivery update from Factory and VIN#.

Thank-you for your time. Please enjoy your weekend."

• Informative
Reactions: RaincityEV
LOL... didn't think to try that strategy! Just heard back from my SA, I honestly don't thing there's anything she can do. My takeaway: these delivery timeframes are meaningless. And I quote:

"I hope you are doing well, Thank-you for your email. We appreciate your patience and understand the uncertainty of not knowing the exact timing of delivery.

It does look like you were slightly moved in the queue however until we have the VIN#, you will notice the ETA on your account will change as the factory changes order of the builds/colors to maximize productions. Based on where you are falling in the queue now compared to everyone else, I would guess you would expect your VIN# closer to Mid-June and delivery closer to End of June.

You did order prior to the cut off so we are doing everything we can do deliver your Tesla before the End of June. We will keep you updated every step of the way once we have a VIN# and ETA. Please continue to let us know how we can assist you best as we wait for a delivery update from Factory and VIN#.

Thank-you for your time. Please enjoy your weekend."
You ordered in March, that is sad. You must be dying. Im only one week 2 of waiting and Im basically in a coffin

You ordered in March, that is sad. You must be dying. Im only one week 2 of waiting and Im basically in a coffin
I was good with the 1-10 weeks from date of order which would have had my have my MY mid-May to first week of June. TBH, this was a bit of a gut punch. Kinda feel like this...
businessman-fetal-position-laying-down-image-isolated-white-30853459.jpg

I’m holding off on my Model Y order was to take delvery. The reason the NHTSA have removed check marks for safety features no longer active on the vehicles build after April 27 because of the radar being removed. Tesla has said will fix this via software update knowing past timeframes from Tesla this could take months or a year they will be using these vehicles to get data from them in North America which will take time this whole implementation of Tesla Vision is a F-up and guess what your car insurance premiums will be way more until this safety features are back up on the Model Y & 3s

- No Crash Imminent Braking System​

- No Forward Collision Warning​

- No Dynamic Brake Support​

Attachments

• 0FD57792-B64A-475F-ACA8-164822C3F035.png
    0FD57792-B64A-475F-ACA8-164822C3F035.png
    368.2 KB · Views: 42
They have opened up all the containment hold vehicles for the Model Y and 3s, they will be a lot of deliveries scheduled in the next few days in Oakville look out for you’re text or check you’re Tesla accounts
Congrats all! Do we know what the containment hold was for? Did they end up installing the mystery "missing piece"? If anyone wants to ask, it would satisfy a lot of our curiousities :)

I’m holding off on my Model Y order was to take delvery. The reason the NHTSA have removed check marks for safety features no longer active on the vehicles build after April 27 because of the radar being removed. Tesla has said will fix this via software update knowing past timeframes from Tesla this could take months or a year they will be using these vehicles to get data from them in North America which will take time this whole implementation of Tesla Vision is a F-up and guess what your car insurance premiums will be way more until this safety features are back up on the Model Y & 3s

- No Crash Imminent Braking System​

- No Forward Collision Warning​

- No Dynamic Brake Support​

I am thinking the same thing. Not so much the temp loss of functionality but this increases premium a bit on top of whatever crazy amount ICBC is charging. This plus EOQ quality and the delay. I am on the verge of putting it on hold.

Sorry one more note. I thought I read somewhere in the past that AEB (auto emergency braking) is now a legal requirement on all new cars. If this is true that explains why there was a containment hold. Now that there is a firmware update doesnt it mean that these features are present (but probably not tested by NHTSA yet?

For those who have just taken delivery mind sharing whether you got the AEB discounts?

Reactions: RaincityEV