Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
btw I saw that in the showroom. On a M3P. They said my MYP will most likely come with the new doorcards.

Attachments

• AC89BE4D-CEB1-4487-AC27-B9DF14A6814C.jpeg
    AC89BE4D-CEB1-4487-AC27-B9DF14A6814C.jpeg
    442.9 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: Threader
Got my VIN 185***. Delivery on June 5th. They mentioned minimal contact and should only take 10-15 minutes to complete the delivery process at the dealer. I fully understand for safety but also worried I won’t have enough time to check for build issues. Is this typical for delivery during the pandemic?
They only spend about 30 minutes with you doing paperwork and helping you get setup but they don’t put any pressure on you to get out of there. So if you want to take lots of time to look it over, ask questions etc. then they will accommodate. I was there for an hour picking up today because they were super busy but I appreciated that I had extra time to get comfortable with some of the features that I wasn’t familiar with. I think the 15-30 minute thing is more of a warning that it will take AT LEAST that long to get you setup anc signed off.

Did you guys paid via swift tranfer or a bank note (certified check). How long takes the swift transfer?

Paying cash down with a credit card would be so much better…and rewards points as a bonus!
I paid by bank draft (you get them at the branch) as my account allows me them for free. A certified cheque costs more usually (used to be approx $10 but it could be more now )and my bank charges $29 for a wire.

I ordered my MY on May 16 and had a delivery date of June 01-08, until I reminded Tesla Vancouver that, as a Van. Island resident, I was not able to travel until the province lifts its restrictions (June 15). Looks like I am on a new wait list. Tesla hasn't told me to keep my money yet but I will until they give me a new date!
BTW If you're in BC, do you have to go to pick up with an ICBC Policy already in hand, or can you do it at the delivery centre?

They only spend about 30 minutes with you doing paperwork and helping you get setup but they don’t put any pressure on you to get out of there. So if you want to take lots of time to look it over, ask questions etc. then they will accommodate. I was there for an hour picking up today because they were super busy but I appreciated that I had extra time to get comfortable with some of the features that I wasn’t familiar with. I think the 15-30 minute thing is more of a warning that it will take AT LEAST that long to get you setup anc signed off.
Thank you. That makes me feel much better

MYP order here. Ordered Apr 9 and no Vin. No idea what's going on. Have a helpful SA but got nothing solid from him except "we are getting cars all the time".

To those who just took delivery - does your car have a passenger seat lumbar support? I read that it's something they took away.

This is really pushing me towards putting the order on hold. I don't want to miss out on a feature (radar and passenger lumbar support - yeah yeah I know it's not used often but still) just so that they would out it back in later (like dimming mirrors).

btw I saw that in the showroom. On a M3P. They said my MYP will most likely come with the new doorcards.

You know what... I like the concept of this, but from this photo and others that I've seen, the execution is off. The "top" and "bottom" lines of the wood trim don't really seem to line up--there is a rounded bump at the top of it that extends higher than the dash trim line, and the [faux?]metal trim doesn't seem to line up at the bottom. And the rounded tapering of the top edge of the wood trim on the door just doesn't appear to gel with the straight-across of the dash; I think it would be better if it were a triangular shape so that all the lines were straight. This isn't the end of the world and I'm sure I'd get used to it if our MY had come with it, but at this point in time I'd say I'm glad that it didn't.

On the other hand, what I *do* like is the trim piece above which continues the section of the dash with the vents in it. That part looks a bit awkward on the original door design when the door is closed as the door panel seems higher than the dash and looks like they're almost from two different cars. With both the wood and the plastic vent sections extended on to the door, it does look like a more cohesive design which is great. I just wish they had made both the plastic and the wood on the door long slender triangles in approximate the same proportions as in this photo. IMHO.

MYP order here. Ordered Apr 9 and no Vin. No idea what's going on. Have a helpful SA but got nothing solid from him except "we are getting cars all the time".

To those who just took delivery - does your car have a passenger seat lumbar support? I read that it's something they took away.

This is really pushing me towards putting the order on hold. I don't want to miss out on a feature (radar and passenger lumbar support - yeah yeah I know it's not used often but still) just so that they would out it back in later (like dimming mirrors).
192 VIN. Picked up this past weekend (ordered end of March). Ontario - Canada.

No Passenger lumbar support but based on my experience with the driver's seat lumbar buttons I would say you are not missing much. The deflate setting basically is non existent so once you start playing around with it it's hard to get it back to the original setting. Also it seems, the seat memory only recognizes the pitch and distance, not the lumbar? Maybe it's me though. Happy to be proven wrong by others on the forum.

I understand the frustration in discovering the missing lumbar on the passenger seat on your own accord without a SA telling you (I have written about this).

I'm loving the cameras - picks up bikes, runners, walkers, trucks, pylons etc, granted the weather has been exceptionally in Southern Ontario and I have not driven in fog or intense rain yet.

If I have learned anything in the process a "2021" model year is meaningless. In the first 6 months alone this vehicle has changed in a half dozen ways (new door panel trim, new centre console, cameras over radar, no passenger lumbar, additional front mud flaps and PPF). You can hold off and wait but timing from ordering to taking delivery may impact anything you think you will or will not get. It's a bizarre company to deal with & I have no idea how someone buys one of these cars second-hand as every build seems to be different and Blue Book couldn't possibly put an accurate value on these have and have not features.

But damn, the car is just incredible.