Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today morning update 24-5-2022 to 07-06-2022. Was expected post-SA comments, hope this sticks. The process would be so much better if SA or the company keep people posted about their build and transit status

Hope loan can be completed prior to June 1 rate increase by 0.5%, cant afford any more interest
I ordered mine thru a SA in Vaughan, Toronto. I finally get my car delivered on May 3. He did not update me the delivery process, the built status of the car, and post delivery follow up. I like the car, but the supporting cast at Tesla are not impressive at all

Reactions: Memelord and YSean
From what dates prior?

I got pushed out 4 days. Now May 23-June 6 from May 19-June 2nd. MYP from Vaughan.
You had a narrower window at least. Mine was May 16 - June 20 and now June 6 - July 4 (4 weeks now instead of 5 at least I guess).

Seems like no MYP’s really on the lots in GTA here. But lots of MYLR and M3’s with missing charge port parts.

I guess at this point I hope they build a bunch of MYP’s soon and ship them with all the parts.

Got a response from the SA acknowledging supply chain issues and suggesting they think the EDD may move up after they are unblocked from supply.

> Thank you for reaching out! We have no inventory as of now.

> The delivery timeline in your Tesla Account is based on the estimates provided by our network of parts suppliers. With worldwide supply chain issues affecting many industries, Tesla is not immune. We always provide a delivery estimate in good faith, when new information becomes available, the timeline will update to reflect these changes.

> We do expect to see these dates come closer as the team at the factory overcomes delays and roadblocks. The whole team at Tesla works hard to build and deliver the cars as quickly and efficiently as possible.
> We appreciate your patience and understanding.

I have a ppf/wrap-related query. I bought a white car as I have no color attachment

1. Do I need ppf to drive in Canada, is the paint scratch severe enough to warrant this spend
2. If ppf, should I do just front quarter or full hood, and whats the economical option around Toronto with cost
3. Doesn't wrap make more sense as I see it was cheaper than a full ppf. I could get the car wrapped red at a low cost?

Any help would be invaluable

20220508_122905.jpg
20220508_123442.jpg

Lots of them are waiting for the charge port at Lawrence, Toronto.

Attachments

• 20220508_123121.jpg
    20220508_123121.jpg
    449.8 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: KWC_Diu
I’m located in Toronto. Just checked one delivery location this afternoon. All new model 3 rwd and lr without matrix headlight. Only m3p and myp have it recently. There is no any model y performance really for delivery in parking lot except two for test drive. I guess model yp will delivery at end of May. I did my model y performance order on March 15 2022, it shows April 16 to May 13, then changed May 16 to June 13, yesterday changed May 26 to June 9.
Anyone got myp delivery on May in Toronto so far?

I’m located in Toronto. Just checked one delivery location this afternoon. All new model 3 rwd and lr without matrix headlight. Only m3p and myp have it recently. There is no any model y performance really for delivery in parking lot except two for test drive. I guess model yp will delivery at end of May. I did my model y performance order on March 15 2022, it shows April 16 to May 13, then changed May 16 to June 13, yesterday changed May 26 to June 9.
Anyone got myp delivery on May in Toronto so far?
Only a few are in the show room which I assume are ready for pick up. I saw alot of Y's and 3's, probably over 200 mostly with charging port taped sitting in the other lots.