Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy for you but i ordered a couple of weeks before you with same config except i have tow hitch. Hopefully there are no tow hitch issues causing delays as i am 4 days away from my edd without a vin or any text from Tesla. I thought my 13 day window would shrink to a 4 day window by now. Realky getting antsy at this point...
thanks...I came so close to ordering a hitch too - regret it now because it will end up costing me more but I guess it may give me the car a bit earlier. I'm sure yours will be in soon!

Last edited:
thanks...I came so close to ordering a hitch too - regret it now because it will end up costing me more but I guess it may give me the car a bit earlier. I'm sure yours will be in soon!
i ordered my LR on March 6 in KW. Without the hitch, delivery was December, adding the hitch moved my date to August. Now delivery is oct-jan.
I will use the hitch as we will be pulling a camper all across ontario with it.

Happy for you but i ordered a couple of weeks before you with same config except i have tow hitch. Hopefully there are no tow hitch issues causing delays as i am 4 days away from my edd without a vin or any text from Tesla. I thought my 13 day window would shrink to a 4 day window by now. Realky getting antsy at this point...
And I’m the same as you but OD was Oct 5. MYLR, 19, White/white with tow. Tomorrow I hit my two week window again but the app just switched back from “prepare for delivery“ to the neutral status a couple of days ago. My SA said it should be soon but no Vin and nothing. I fully expect the window to push out again tomorrow…

And I’m the same as you but OD was Oct 5. MYLR, 19, White/white with tow. Tomorrow I hit my two week window again but the app just switched back from “prepare for delivery“ to the neutral status a couple of days ago. My SA said it should be soon but no Vin and nothing. I fully expect the window to push out again tomorrow…
Fingers crossed that we dont get pushed out again but im preparing for it. Thats the first time i have heard someone have the prepare for delivery then get pushed back to estimated delivery date again.

MYLR white/black. Tow. 19". No FSD. ODD 9/13/21. Lawrence/Toronto. Bumped again now to July-Aug a couple days ago. Before that it swung wildly but settled on May-June a couple of months ago, then June-July a few weeks ago, but now back to July-Aug.
Sorry to hear that in more ways than one. I have the exact same config but your OD is a month earlier so it is probably not looking good for me. Same Lawrence location too.. unless your profile completion date was completed after mine... hmmm...

Sorry to hear that in more ways than one. I have the exact same config but your OD is a month earlier so it is probably not looking good for me. Same Lawrence location too.. unless your profile completion date was completed after mine... hmmm...
I completed profile on the same date. Anyway, I don't mind the wait. My Subaru is only 2.5 years old so I don't mind getting more use out of it before trading it in.

Reactions: GigaToronto
I completed profile on the same date. Anyway, I don't mind the wait. My Subaru is only 2.5 years old so I don't mind getting more use out of it before trading it in.
My 10 year old Mazda cx5 is holding on to its dear life. Im holding off on any fixes since im trading into Tesla anyways but the brakes pads are thin, and i hear rattling noises that i didnt hear before. I dont know how long i can hold off until sparks start flying from the worn out pads. Lol, the life of being in purgatory...

My 10 year old Mazda cx5 is holding on to its dear life. Im holding off on any fixes since im trading into Tesla anyways but the brakes pads are thin, and i hear rattling noises that i didnt hear before. I dont know how long i can hold off until sparks start flying from the worn out pads. Lol, the life of being in purgatory...
how much you get for it from tesla? gotta be peanuts

My EDD is this week May 16-20 MYLR - Blue/White, Gemini Been waiting since Oct 2021. VIN NF417...

EDD changed about 12 times - Patience definitely needed to join the Tesla Cult

I am stopping my self from getting too excited since EDD keeps changing. EDD prior to the date above was May 12-16th. SA told me to be patient as they are overwhelmed with prepping cars for pick up.

Picking up at Vaugh location - took a visit over the weekend and saw maybe 10 or so cars being washed and prep while another 10-15 were outside still with plastic on the seats. unfortunately none of the ones outside was mine..Meh !!

PATIENCE !!!
EDD changed again to May 19-23. It just keeps moving every week UGH!!

How much time it takes for delivery after the VIN is assigned for MYP?
Assuming you mean when the car arrives at the SC? Depends on how busy they are. Anywhere 2-3 days usually but could be a week. Sometimes car sits for 4/5 days before they start prepping. At least that’s the case in oakville. Not sure Vaughan.

For VIN, it’s all up in the air now as it used to be VIN’s assigned right out of factory and then 2-3 weeks to ship and prep to your local SC.
Now VIN’s can be assigned literally as the car arrives to the SC…not earlier.

Has anyone else gone in and made a change to their order and confirmed that the original order date pricing is honored?

I've been texting back and forth to the # that texted me for my original order. I've been trying to get them to activate the Edit button but so far haven't got anywhere. They say they can make the change for me but haven't confirmed that pricing will be from March 11th (my OD).
I told them my main reason for making a change is to get an earlier delivery than my December estimate (which I'm sure will end up in 2023). The only reply I got was that the earliest deliveries are for MYP and that is estimated July-Sept....well duh...I brand new order estimates July-Sept for MYP. These SAs aren't very helpful. Now waiting to see if they can clarify if I would see an EDD in line with a March 11th order (I believe was June or July for MYP and September for MYLR with any option(s)).

In the meantime I found the thread about modifying an existing order and the URL to type in to get to the Edit Design page. That worked and is showing me March 11th pricing. I haven't gone through with changing anything yet. I likely won't change to MYP. More likely will just change color to Blue so that I have an option on my order instead of a no option order. But the current estimate for an optioned MYLR is Nov-Feb....not really any better than my "December" for MSM. From everything I've read on here it seems like a change will result in an EDD more in line with what a March 11th order would have been and not default to a new order's EDD. If I could get an EDD of around September by switching from MSM to Blue then that would be ideal.

I'm a little worried about making the change and messing up my EDD. So looking for any info from any brave souls who have made a change to their order in the past week since the pricing started to be honored.

Has anyone else gone in and made a change to their order and confirmed that the original order date pricing is honored?

I've been texting back and forth to the # that texted me for my original order. I've been trying to get them to activate the Edit button but so far haven't got anywhere. They say they can make the change for me but haven't confirmed that pricing will be from March 11th (my OD).
I told them my main reason for making a change is to get an earlier delivery than my December estimate (which I'm sure will end up in 2023). The only reply I got was that the earliest deliveries are for MYP and that is estimated July-Sept....well duh...I brand new order estimates July-Sept for MYP. These SAs aren't very helpful. Now waiting to see if they can clarify if I would see an EDD in line with a March 11th order (I believe was June or July for MYP and September for MYLR with any option(s)).

In the meantime I found the thread about modifying an existing order and the URL to type in to get to the Edit Design page. That worked and is showing me March 11th pricing. I haven't gone through with changing anything yet. I likely won't change to MYP. More likely will just change color to Blue so that I have an option on my order instead of a no option order. But the current estimate for an optioned MYLR is Nov-Feb....not really any better than my "December" for MSM. From everything I've read on here it seems like a change will result in an EDD more in line with what a March 11th order would have been and not default to a new order's EDD. If I could get an EDD of around September by switching from MSM to Blue then that would be ideal.

I'm a little worried about making the change and messing up my EDD. So looking for any info from any brave souls who have made a change to their order in the past week since the pricing started to be honored.
I did. I got them to roll me back to the financing stage. From there the edit button showed up again. Added the 3rd row and my price only went up the $4k. Base price was 75,600 and that stayed. When I made the change I then completed my order (finance/cash). In the end I only lost one month on Edd.

Assuming you mean when the car arrives at the SC? Depends on how busy they are. Anywhere 2-3 days usually but could be a week. Sometimes car sits for 4/5 days before they start prepping. At least that’s the case in oakville. Not sure Vaughan.

For VIN, it’s all up in the air now as it used to be VIN’s assigned right out of factory and then 2-3 weeks to ship and prep to your local SC.
Now VIN’s can be assigned literally as the car arrives to the SC…not earlier.
I sure hope you’re right. I’ve observed the same thing, that VINs can come at the last minute but being presumably close but with no VIN…frustrating/agonizing…

I did. I got them to roll me back to the financing stage. From there the edit button showed up again. Added the 3rd row and my price only went up the $4k. Base price was 75,600 and that stayed. When I made the change I then completed my order (finance/cash). In the end I only lost one month on Edd.
Thanks for the info. I was actually just reading back through your post history as I'd noticed you had made a change since the new rules.

My worry is about what happened to your EDD. Your EDD basically went to what a new order EDD would be at the time. If I make a color change and my EDD goes to a new order EDD then that won't improve my EDD much. New order with Blue option is Nov-Feb. My EDD for vanilla MYLR (no options) is still at December since ordering. So I'm not sure it is worth the risk. I like blue and was originally going to order blue but then the first MYLR March $ increase happened before I ordered so I went to the free MSM color to make up for the $2K price increase. I'm happy with MSM but would also be happy with Blue and now willing to pay the $1300 extra IF it gets me an EDD around September which was the estimate on the order page when I was placing my order in March.

But based on your experience and your order being an optioned order from a week before me I don't see much hope in changing to Blue getting me a much better EDD.

I think I'd have to go all the way to MYP to get a useful improvement in EDD. Not sure I really want to spend on MYP or want 21" wheels.

Decisions, decisions...will see what the SA replies next to my text....LOL