Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the info. I was actually just reading back through your post history as I'd noticed you had made a change since the new rules.

My worry is about what happened to your EDD. Your EDD basically went to what a new order EDD would be at the time. If I make a color change and my EDD goes to a new order EDD then that won't improve my EDD much. New order with Blue option is Nov-Feb. My EDD for vanilla MYLR (no options) is still at December since ordering. So I'm not sure it is worth the risk. I like blue and was originally going to order blue but then the first MYLR March $ increase happened before I ordered so I went to the free MSM color to make up for the $2K price increase. I'm happy with MSM but would also be happy with Blue and now willing to pay the $1300 extra IF it gets me an EDD around September which was the estimate on the order page when I was placing my order in March.

But based on your experience and your order being an optioned order from a week before me I don't see much hope in changing to Blue getting me a much better EDD.

I think I'd have to go all the way to MYP to get a useful improvement in EDD. Not sure I really want to spend on MYP or want 21" wheels.

Decisions, decisions...will see what the SA replies next to my text....LOL
Maybe this brand new 2022 MYP in the used market will cause a momentary pause on that statement ‘not sure I want an MYP…’ lol.
MYP is hot as ever and a fantastic roi haha. Can’t believe I’m talking about a car 🤦🏽‍♂️

FA3A81E7-50F3-4499-9DBF-5427BE729089.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I was actually just reading back through your post history as I'd noticed you had made a change since the new rules.

My worry is about what happened to your EDD. Your EDD basically went to what a new order EDD would be at the time. If I make a color change and my EDD goes to a new order EDD then that won't improve my EDD much. New order with Blue option is Nov-Feb. My EDD for vanilla MYLR (no options) is still at December since ordering. So I'm not sure it is worth the risk. I like blue and was originally going to order blue but then the first MYLR March $ increase happened before I ordered so I went to the free MSM color to make up for the $2K price increase. I'm happy with MSM but would also be happy with Blue and now willing to pay the $1300 extra IF it gets me an EDD around September which was the estimate on the order page when I was placing my order in March.

But based on your experience and your order being an optioned order from a week before me I don't see much hope in changing to Blue getting me a much better EDD.

I think I'd have to go all the way to MYP to get a useful improvement in EDD. Not sure I really want to spend on MYP or want 21" wheels.

Decisions, decisions...will see what the SA replies next to my text....LOL
See, for me I wanted the third row. The edd is an estimate at best. I was in October, now in November. I could wake up tomorrow and it say June or July. For me it was about the third row function. Wasn't trying to build a config that has a closer delivery date.

Ultimately, build the car you want rather than settling.

Just my $0.02

Reactions: MrsWinterWheat
See, for me I wanted the third row. The edd is an estimate at best. I was in October, now in November. I could wake up tomorrow and it say June or July. For me it was about the third row function. Wasn't trying to build a config that has a closer delivery date.

Ultimately, build the car you want rather than settling.

Just my $0.02
For sure. That makes sense. I'm happy with MSM or blue and I'd prefer a MYLR to MYP. But I wouldn't mind MYP. Just extra expense for features I don't really need and I'd probably end up swapping to smaller wheels which would be an extra expense.

I just heard back from an SA and he is saying that any changes to the order puts you back of the line just like placing a new order would. That doesn't seem to be the norm on this forum but it seems it may have become the norm? I've read a few reports of changes resulting in a worse EDD in recent months.

So I'll likely just keep my order as is. Maybe the gas prices will force me to go MYP....we shall see....we are over $2.20/L now on the island.:oops:

Hi folks I am a noob here, and I have a dumb question about the ordering process. I hope someone can enlighten me.

I read somewhere about the necessity of online profile completion in regards to the actual wait time of delivery. So I ordered on Jan/22, I completed the 1st half of the profile in regards to the delivery location and registration part, and left out the trade in/financing part empty thinking I shall complete them when the EDD is approaching, until I read something online about the importance of completing that WHOLE profile thing, Tesla only counts the order when the profile is complete. So am I missing any action here?

Hi folks I am a noob here, and I have a dumb question about the ordering process. I hope someone can enlighten me.

I read somewhere about the necessity of online profile completion in regards to the actual wait time of delivery. So I ordered on Jan/22, I completed the 1st half of the profile in regards to the delivery location and registration part, and left out the trade in/financing part empty thinking I shall complete them when the EDD is approaching, until I read something online about the importance of completing that WHOLE profile thing, Tesla only counts the order when the profile is complete. So am I missing any action here?
Sadly yes, you do need to complete the entire process (which they do not do a great job at telling you). My recommendation is to indicate cash payment then switch to financing when you get a VIN (if that is the route you are going).

I am quite confused, there are different sayings regarding this in different places online as I read, some telling it doesn't matter as Tesla has changed delivery estimate to based on order date not profile completion dates since some months ago, and others like you are still emphasizing it.

A matter of fact my EDD has actually been changed a few times since the OD, first for Aug, then Oct-Jan, now sitting at Sep-Nov, so am I looking fine for real?

I am quite confused, there are different sayings regarding this in different places online as I read, some telling it doesn't matter as Tesla has changed delivery estimate to based on order date not profile completion dates since some months ago, and others like you are still emphasizing it.

A matter of fact my EDD has actually been changed a few times since the OD, first for Aug, then Oct-Jan, now sitting at Sep-Nov, so am I looking fine for real?
Sorry, not sure what to tell you, this is my understanding based on what I have read on this site and speaking with my SA. By using a sort of Pascal's wager scenario, fully completing the profile would cover everything. Not sure if there is a specific reason you don't want to complete it though.

Sorry, not sure what to tell you, this is my understanding based on what I have read on this site and speaking with my SA. By using a sort of Pascal's wager scenario, fully completing the profile would cover everything. Not sure if there is a specific reason you don't want to complete it though.
For 2 reasons at first I chose not to complete the whole profiling:

1. With an anticipated wait time of > 6 mths, it makes no sense to submit a trade in request at time of ordering, as the appraised price is guaranteed to fluctuate quite a lot when the actual delivery window is due.

2. For those like me who needs financing options, the profile online made it very clear that validity of approval is set to expire after 90 days while rates expiry are even more pathetic at 30 days, I am sure I am not the only one with a common sense in regards to submitting credit applications multiple times along the waiting period is a bad idea to your credit scores, therefore I stopped at the second half of the profile, patiently await for the delivery window to come in order to complete the rest steps.

Until the last few days when I read somewhere about this necessity of profile completion, I will be so pissed off if this would be true, especially Tesla had never advised me such since day 1 and made me waited nearly 4 months for nothing, how would an average consumer know all these hidden tricks when it comes to online ordering....

For 2 reasons at first I chose not to complete the whole profiling:

1. With an anticipated wait time of > 6 mths, it makes no sense to submit a trade in request at time of ordering, as the appraised price is guaranteed to fluctuate quite a lot when the actual delivery window is due.

2. For those like me who needs financing options, the profile online made it very clear that validity of approval is set to expire after 90 days while rates expiry are even more pathetic at 30 days, I am sure I am not the only one with a common sense in regards to submitting credit applications multiple times along the waiting period is a bad idea to your credit scores, therefore I stopped at the second half of the profile, patiently await for the delivery window to come in order to complete the rest steps.

Until the last few days when I read somewhere about this necessity of profile completion, I will be so pissed off if this would be true, especially Tesla had never advised me such since day 1 and made me waited nearly 4 months for nothing, how would an average consumer know all these hidden tricks when it comes to online ordering....
All of that is taken into account in the order. As another member said, indicate cash and you can ask them for financing when you're closer to. Same with trades. So just complete your order now and you can always make those change closer to.

Anyone ordered in early March this year for Long Range? I ordered one and mine still say just September. I never get a range, just the month which initially was August then moved to September.
Yes. My March order said December on the order page and has said December ever since. No date range, no changes. My order is a no option order so that is why I had December instead of September. The order page said September if I had added any options at the time. A week earlier it had said August. I ordered March 11.
From reading through the forum it seems that MYLR ordered in March, April, May seem more likely to just sit on a vague month (or now range of months) and not get more specific dates just yet. But then there do seem to be others with more specific date ranges so who knows why??

Reactions: saf007
Pushed back again. At least I've got the Battle of Alberta upcoming as a brief reprieve from hitting refresh on the Tesla account page...

MYLR White/Black/19/Tow
Order Date Oct 2, 2021
Original Estimated Delivery April 2022
Current Estimated Delivery May 17 - 31 May 24 - June 3
Calgary
I’m with you. Essentially the same order date and my ED window arrived (again) today. Expecting date to push out tomorrow (on day 2 of EDD) as it has five times already.

No preference in Battle of Alberta, though Edmonton’s uniforms are better.

Conflicting things I've been reading online regarding the edit feature for Canadian orders.
I've read that now with the "edit button" regardless of your edits done now, your pricing on the vehicle is reflected based on your order date and not the current vehicle price now?
If so, for those that switch from MYLR (March 8, 2022) to MYP (April 12, 2022) I had to pay the new increased pricing on the MYP. With this edit ruling don't I have a case with Tesla where they should've honoured March 8, 2022 pricing structure for MYP as well when I made the switch? Just a thought. I may be wrong. Thanks!