Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pushed back again. At least I've got the Battle of Alberta upcoming as a brief reprieve from hitting refresh on the Tesla account page...

MYLR White/Black/19/Tow
Order Date Oct 2, 2021
Original Estimated Delivery April 2022
Current Estimated Delivery May 17 - 31 May 24 - June 3
Calgary
Kind of Same window as me. May 29-June 12 Calgary as well.👍👍

Reactions: robespierre94
I'm also a first-time buyer in Canada but have a decade of driving experience elsewhere. The best rates till now (without VIN) are from TD, The personal, and Allstate(which takes home country records into account). Let me know if you have some insight that might help me
I had a similar situation when I moved to Canada with 20+ years of driving experience in my home country and many companies would not take into consideration. Johnston Insurance actually would take it into account when quoting so I used them for a couple of years to get the 'Canadian experience/background and then moved to a broker who gets me the best deal every year on my insurance.

Reactions: Memelord
I’m with you. Essentially the same order date and my ED window arrived (again) today. Expecting date to push out tomorrow (on day 2 of EDD) as it has five times already.

No preference in Battle of Alberta, though Edmonton’s uniforms are better.
Wow way off base there! The only thing uglier than an Oilers jersey is an Oilers fan.

Hopefully we start seeing some cars getting delivered in Western Canada soon.

MYLR White/Black/19/Tow
Order Date Oct 2, 2021
Calgary

Wow way off base there! The only thing uglier than an Oilers jersey is an Oilers fan.

Hopefully we start seeing some cars getting delivered in Western Canada soon.

MYLR White/Black/19/Tow
Order Date Oct 2, 2021
Calgary
Ok. The blue ones, not the orange ones…
Good luck.

I’ll follow along with you since we will likely be roughly clustered together for delivery. Do you have a VIN yet or any other developments beyond moving EDDs?

Finally got VIN'd! I hope this gives everyone who is waiting some hope that it does eventually come. This morning the vin and the notice of payment came in at 8am. My edd has been updated to June 1-4. I still cant get insurance as apparently CAA says they cant give me a policy until a delivery date is set. But its finally happening! My SA still hasn't responded to my email about delivery date so i might need to call to follow up.

Finally got VIN'd! I hope this gives everyone who is waiting some hope that it does eventually come. This morning the vin and the notice of payment came in at 8am. My edd has been updated to June 1-4. I still cant get insurance as apparently CAA says they cant give me a policy until a delivery date is set. But its finally happening! My SA still hasn't responded to my email about delivery date so i might need to call to follow up.
Congrats. I guess it’s all worth it in the end. Nothing here.

You can now get insurance with a VIN. Just tell them June 1st for now to establish the policy and when it updates call them back and let them know if it’s 2-4th.

I have the same delivery window but don't see the VIN number - where do I have to look? I don't see it in the App nor the web-page from the Tesla Account.

I had a question about Tesla Finance - does the loan have penalties for early repayment or prepayment?

I have the same delivery window but don't see the VIN number - where do I have to look? I don't see it in the App nor the web-page from the Tesla Account.

I had a question about Tesla Finance - does the loan have penalties for early repayment or prepayment?
The vin if you are assigned one is in the MVPA and in the source code of your Tesla webpage by searching 7SAY.

Conflicting things I've been reading online regarding the edit feature for Canadian orders.
I've read that now with the "edit button" regardless of your edits done now, your pricing on the vehicle is reflected based on your order date and not the current vehicle price now?
If so, for those that switch from MYLR (March 8, 2022) to MYP (April 12, 2022) I had to pay the new increased pricing on the MYP. With this edit ruling don't I have a case with Tesla where they should've honoured March 8, 2022 pricing structure for MYP as well when I made the switch? Just a thought. I may be wrong. Thanks!
Unfortunately the honoring of order date pricing only came into effect last week in Canada. It had been a thing in the US for awhile now.
Therefore you may not get any leniency from Tesla to revert your pricing if you already upgraded with the old rules in place. But wouldn't hurt to try. You could use the URL below and see what it shows if you made a further change....it may just reflect April 12th pricing but maybe it will reflect March 8th pricing??

I don't have an Edit button on my order page. However I was able to use this URL to get into an edit page for my order and see the pricing: https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RN####### (replace with your RN #). The pricing is slightly higher than what it would have been on March 11th (when I ordered) but according to the article at DriveTeslaCanada that is because Delivery charges have increased over the past couple months. Otherwise the pricing is very close to March pricing. None of the big price increases are there. For example a base, no options, MYP is $85,890 if I edit my order. If I do a base MYLR (same as my order) it is $79.590 (my order was $78,880). Current price for the same new order would be $83,990.

How accurate is the tesla delivery estimate? How should I plan the insurance as I have to give a starting date (also with td how early should I apply?).

Is there anything i am missing (don't want later surprises), finance done, downpayment done

asking as Tesla SA only work i guess when the car reaches their lot

How accurate is the tesla delivery estimate? How should I plan the insurance as I have to give a starting date (also with td how early should I apply?).

Is there anything i am missing (don't want later surprises), finance done, downpayment done

asking as Tesla SA only work i guess when the car reaches their lot
Do you have a set date and time yet? What’s the window?
TD Insur is easy for same day policy set up. …as soon as you get a date, call them and done.
For now give them the earliest of the range and you can call them after to adjust it once you have the actual day locked down.

Got a call earlier to see if I has a vehicle to trade in, we do. It's been a couple hours now since the call, but I'm not able to access the account page to manage the trade in. Does this take a bit typically?
Not necessarily. I have planned and renewed trade in offers numerous times as I wait with changing EDDs. Always done via the app, including prompts to upload photos etc. Sometimes I get texts from my SA to prompt me with updates/steps.

Do you have a set date and time yet? What’s the window?
TD Insur is easy for same day policy set up. …as soon as you get a date, call them and done.
For now give them the earliest of the range and you can call them after to adjust it once you have the actual day locked down.
No just a window May 29-June 2. I'll try setting a dummy date of May 29 with TD and updating the real date later (29 Is a Sunday, do they deliver on Sunday?)