Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my White LR, white interior, 19" wheels, tow package, on the weekend, have driven 400km so far, everything seems perfect. Can't find any noticeable flaws. Delivery experience was smooth.

ODD: End of October 2021
Original EDD: June 2022
Delivery: End of August 2022
10 month wait.

Got it on my second 2 week window, first was in June which got pushed. Wish I had it to use for the summer, but I'm just happy to finally have it now.

VIN:F522
Came with mobile charger
Matrix lights
No cargo cover

Absolutely love it! (my first Tesla)

Thanks!
I love my MY as well. I drove 1600km in 12 days!

Mine was Red, Black interior, tow, 19"

I didn't get the matrix lights :-( Apparently, they started adding them on Aug 5 and mine was built on Aug 4....Argh!

Just got PPF on the front end and tint on front side windows. Such a great car!

How long do people spend time at the Tesla dealer when picking up the car? My friend told me he spent entire afternoon like 4hr plus inspecting, going back and forth with SA, ect...
I don't have that much time this Sat. and just want to know what to expect...
THanks
I spent about an hour... I checked the outside, for any obvious gaps, popped all the doors and hood, checked for charge cable, and usb stick, checked all windows for operation, and door locks ( from all 4 door locations ) played with the power seats, reclined the rears... but BUT, when i arrived the car was still getting prepped inside, and waited another 30 mins before they brought it out..

Reactions: seanoh5
How long do people spend time at the Tesla dealer when picking up the car? My friend told me he spent entire afternoon like 4hr plus inspecting, going back and forth with SA, ect...
THanks
Its a good question and I wondered that myself. When I picked up my M3LR a few weeks ago we spent 30-45 minutes checking it out and playing with it (was our first tesla so we didn't necessarily know how everything worked). I did a visual inspection to make sure no noticeable defects in paint, obvious misalignment of doors/windows, damaged interior, etc but I certainly wasn't a person out there with a ruler measuring gaps to the mm. I appreciate its a big purchase but its not necessarily that different than other vehicles (my buddy just bought a truck that was more than a Tesla costs) - and I've never seen anybody checking out cars on the dealership lots like that. Not sure why its become a thing for people buying Teslas - sounds like there were some horror stories about production in prior years so maybe that's where it has come from.

I'm not judging people, like I said it is a big purchase and it should be produced correctly I guess in the end I'm just not that picky about little details. If I saw something I'd tell the SA and see what they would do (in our case we didn't find a single flaw and still 3 weeks later after taking delivery of it I haven't noticed anything). The delivery center didn't try to push us, said take as long as you want and when you're ready to take delivery come in and sign the paperwork.

I think we were driving away with it maximum 1 hour from when we got there which sounds like it was pretty fast compared to others.

I've seen some of the check lists people bring and wow very thorough.

Reactions: Joey_82 and seanoh5
THanks
I spent 2 hours. An hour examining the car and time spent with the SA, then another hour just sitting inside familiarizing myself with the software.

Reactions: seanoh5
I spent about an hour... I checked the outside, for any obvious gaps, popped all the doors and hood, checked for charge cable, and usb stick, checked all windows for operation, and door locks ( from all 4 door locations ) played with the power seats, reclined the rears... but BUT, when i arrived the car was still getting prepped inside, and waited another 30 mins before they brought it out..
Thanks for this information - I think I will check quickly and only address anyting obvious. I still dont' find myself checking the car in the parking lot for hours measuring every single gap.

Reactions: jcan
Its a good question and I wondered that myself. When I picked up my M3LR a few weeks ago we spent 30-45 minutes checking it out and playing with it (was our first tesla so we didn't necessarily know how everything worked). I did a visual inspection to make sure no noticeable defects in paint, obvious misalignment of doors/windows, damaged interior, etc but I certainly wasn't a person out there with a ruler measuring gaps to the mm. I appreciate its a big purchase but its not necessarily that different than other vehicles (my buddy just bought a truck that was more than a Tesla costs) - and I've never seen anybody checking out cars on the dealership lots like that. Not sure why its become a thing for people buying Teslas - sounds like there were some horror stories about production in prior years so maybe that's where it has come from.

I'm not judging people, like I said it is a big purchase and it should be produced correctly I guess in the end I'm just not that picky about little details. If I saw something I'd tell the SA and see what they would do (in our case we didn't find a single flaw and still 3 weeks later after taking delivery of it I haven't noticed anything). The delivery center didn't try to push us, said take as long as you want and when you're ready to take delivery come in and sign the paperwork.

I think we were driving away with it maximum 1 hour from when we got there which sounds like it was pretty fast compared to others.

I've seen some of the check lists people bring and wow very thorough.
Now I think about it, I have never inspected when I bought other cars in past. I just did a walk around for less than a min, get the key, and I drove away.
It's just a tesla thing that people are spending many hours checking for things that tesla QA should have done already.
I just wanted opinion of other folks who already gone thru this, so I can expect what the pick up day would look like.

Reactions: ThunderBay3Y
Just received my F530 MY LR Blue, 7 seats, white interior, matrix headlights and white trim (no wood trim) and I love it like that!

The car was perfect, no apparent panel gap issue, no apparent paint issue, interior flawless!

Got the front flap and back ppf. No mobile connector but J1772 adapter was in the trunk. I received a 255$ credit the day before delivery to order either the wall or the mobile charger.

Now waiting for the full PPF and glass tint!

Just received my F530 MY LR Blue, 7 seats, white interior, matrix headlights and white trim (no wood trim) and I love it like that!

The car was perfect, no apparent panel gap issue, no apparent paint issue, interior flawless!

Got the front flap and back ppf. No mobile connector but J1772 adapter was in the trunk. I received a 255$ credit the day before delivery to order either the wall or the mobile charger.

Congrats. What was your order date?

Congrats. What was your order date?
I placed my order March 14, 2022.
My original EDD was Aug/Sept window.
Added FSD in April 2022.
Then my EDD started changing alot, from June to July then August. I ended up with a delivery exactly within the original EDD window.
I don't think the FSD added any advantage on delivery time after all but I paid "only 10k" for it 😅

Reactions: Individoo

Congratulations. You will absolutely love it!!!

Tesla called this morning to let me know that the hood of the car appears to have some damage they discovered when they were detailing the car.

I could defer delivery for 2 weeks or take it now and wait a couple of months for repair. We'll take the car today. I rode past this morning and was able see the car in person. Everything looked good apart from a small crease in the leading edge of the hood right below the logo. Not sure if this was damaged on the body in white stage or when someone closed the hood at some point.
tesla hood.jpg

Car appears to have new headlights, definitely has the new interior, but no parcel shelf that I could see. I'm glad Tesla was proactive about letting me know, but annoyed that they're letting cars leave the factory with evident problems.

I guess it's easier for them to fix it locally rather than pull a car from the assembly line. Delivery in 36 minutes, so we'll see how the rest of the experience goes.

Reactions: Individoo and rayli
I had a 'gift card' show up in the email today, but I'm hoping I get a charger (I should, according to Tesla, but we'll see I guess). I don't want to redeem it until I see whether there's a charger in the car or not.
I was told by my Tesla contact that if you get a gift card then it wasn’t shipped with a mobile charger.

I was also promised a mobile connector (Oct order) and I think they are doing this instead of including them in all the cars. It doesn’t really matter to me, either way I get my free mobile charger.