Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my Y on last Sat. I was rushed to pick up the car on that day, since I had to leave for a planned vacation Sat. and just have a chance to update it here.
538 Vin, flawless. Only thing that I spotted out was the passenger side window seems to be protrude out a little and SA checked it and it was within the spec. Apparently, rubber seal will go into it's place after many usage. Took more time checking in and checking out with paper works than inspecting the car, which is a good thing.
I will do the tint and PPF soon, and install room full of accessories I bought slowly. My journey of picking up the car is over. Wait was worth it, great car, rides well.
Hope all you guys get yours soon!

In
Oh for EFF sakes!
Generally I found that the 4-week window would reset after a day or so with an updated 2-week window.

That being said my two-week window experience dragged on from around April to September, with a VIN only supplied once into a 4 day window. So, in effect, the two-week windows were absolutely useless. Adding FSD did not seem to help me, although I did add it late in the game.

My advice to my past self would be to stop looking at the app and wait for the text from Tesla. Easier said than done though.

Good luck.

Reactions: Joey_82
I reached out to Tesla and was told that I'll receive a mobile charger "in the near future" and that its a big focus of theirs. But the near future is kinda vague. People will live on the Moon in the near future. My kids will graduate from high school in the near future. :) I want to know if it's a week away or months away as that's BFD with an electric car.

Besides which they were supposed to ship chargers in cars ordered before April and didn't. I installed a plug to use the mobile charger otherwise I'd consider ordering a wall box. Hrm.

@Joey_82 They are trying to get you to buy the FSD to make for the price difference since ordering.
My buddy in Florida ordered it in Oct and he got delayed every month till he ordered FSD - got the car 2 weeks later, one month ago.
Or at least this is what rumor has it....

I added FSD 2-3 months ago, lol.

Honestly starting to wonder if they're trying to prioritize, to a certain extent, orders that were made after the $11K in price increases.

In

Generally I found that the 4-week window would reset after a day or so with an updated 2-week window.

That being said my two-week window experience dragged on from around April to September, with a VIN only supplied once into a 4 day window. So, in effect, the two-week windows were absolutely useless. Adding FSD did not seem to help me, although I did add it late in the game.

My advice to my past self would be to stop looking at the app and wait for the text from Tesla. Easier said than done though.

Good luck.

Thanks!

Oh for EFF sakes!

Dec 2021 LR order, original EDD May-June. Had 4-5 different 2 week EDD windows in July, august and September.

Now it just moved farther and back to a 4 week window of Oct 4 - Nov 1.

I don't get it.
I feel your furious here, this morning I also went back from a 2 week window (Sep 20 ~ Oct 4) to the exact same window as yours (Oct 4 ~ Nov 1), then compare to your OD at last December I considered myself not as bad as my OD was Jan 31 lol

I feel your furious here, this morning I also went back from a 2 week window (Sep 20 ~ Oct 4) to the exact same window as yours (Oct 4 ~ Nov 1), then compare to your OD at last December I considered myself not as bad as my OD was Jan 31 lol

Lol, at least you’re with me with the new Oct4-Nov1 window. I figure on the bright side it wont be part of a mad end of quarter rush. I think my OD was Dec 6, 2021.

Best is my brother ordered very recently and has a December EDD.

I added FSD 2-3 months ago, lol.

Honestly starting to wonder if they're trying to prioritize, to a certain extent, orders that were made after the $11K in price increases.

Thanks!
I think they certainly prioritize newer orders after a price increase. As you say, it is to a certain extent. They keep fulfilling the older orders but it seems they decrease the number of them fulfilled in a given time frame. It is certainly not a perfect first come, first served.

I saw someone describe Tesla deliveries as a bell curve and that seems to be the case. Since joining this forum in March, I've been following all the monthly order threads from Aug 2021 through current. It certainly seems like a bell curve if you look month to month. Some lucky people get orders fulfilled very early, the majority get them fulfilled around the original EDD and then there are the poor souls that get stuck in a never ending EDD push pattern until around the 1 year mark and then Tesla finally delivers.

There are a lot of other factors like location, current production batch, options etc that throw off the first come, first served but I do believe there is more than that going on in the delivery algorithms.

I think they certainly prioritize newer orders after a price increase. As you say, it is to a certain extent. They keep fulfilling the older orders but it seems they decrease the number of them fulfilled in a given time frame. It is certainly not a perfect first come, first served.

I saw someone describe Tesla deliveries as a bell curve and that seems to be the case. Since joining this forum in March, I've been following all the monthly order threads from Aug 2021 through current. It certainly seems like a bell curve if you look month to month. Some lucky people get orders fulfilled very early, the majority get them fulfilled around the original EDD and then there are the poor souls that get stuck in a never ending EDD push pattern until around the 1 year mark and then Tesla finally delivers.

There are a lot of other factors like location, current production batch, options etc that throw off the first come, first served but I do believe there is more than that going on in the delivery algorithms.
The only silver lining is those poor b*stards that wait forever at least get whatever enhancements they've made in the production process (new lights, etc) at the old price. So I guess its great if you're in no rush for a vehicle....if you are well then it really sucks lol

Sept 3 actually. I just got a bit concerned when I went through the order process on a new car and the mobile charger wasn't available until December and I hope they're not related. I certainly can't wait until December for a charger! I don't want to start rumours - just seeing what others are experiencing right now.

View attachment 849634
Update! Just got notification that my mobile connector was shipped. ETA is Sept 14th.

Took delivery today. MYLR MSM, Not perfect but it’s ok.

A small area on the hood looks like just touched up with obvious difference compare to the rest of the hood. I hope it get’s better over tIme. Little panel misalignment on the rear passenger side also between front door and rear door, didn’t bother to check with SA.

New door trim, matrix, Mud flap and PPF installed, no mobile charger and cargo cover. J1722 adapter in the trunk.

Extreme hot day, can’t finish all the check list in that webform, signed off and ordered the mobile charger with voucher code. Now I will have 2 14-50 adapter. :(

Getting full front wrap next week, Michelin cross climate2 this Friday, wall connector this Saturday. Thinking about DIY PPF for 4 doors.

Just tried a free j1772 charger provided by TD bank for 10 minutes, only 30A but not complaining since its free.

The wait is officially over, hooray!

Strange I suddenly got an email for final payment, delivery estimated Sept 14 to 18. MYLR 7 seater ordered in March.
Unfortunately and sadly I will have to decline as I am building a house and will not be possessed until 3 more months and I cannot have this showing up on my credit. If I decline the VIN when it shows up, will it bring me back to the last spot of the queue? (which I would prefer, as I am not in a hurry to get this now)