Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had to accept the attached saying that the car won't have USS.
PF602
EDD now shows Nov 24-dec1
From Nov 15-27

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221110-170119~2.png
    Screenshot_20221110-170119~2.png
    653.3 KB · Views: 138
Yes had to make a service call to get mud flaps, back did not come w a plate frame. Front plate was mounted on double side tape
Hey,

just curious, where are you located?

I got my model y last weekend and mine didn't come with mudflaps, do you think I should put in a service call as well?

I figured this would have been included given our climate (located in toronto). I did get the ppf though, but this is useless for me because I am ppfing the whole vehicle as we speak.

I picked it up in KW as well, I was the only customer there. Only one other person showed up for a test drive. I was there close to 5PM.
Curious enough, mine didnt come with the parcel shelf; also, upon further inspection, i do not have the matrix lights, but I do have the uss.
My car was absolutely spotless. I think we dealt with the same individual, but it was ok for us.
I noticed your VIN is the closest I’ve seen to mine which is F5685. Any idea if you (we) got the comfort suspension? I don’t have a SA so can’t get that info nor the build date of my car.

Lots of progress. Got a text saying the car is leaving the factory on saturday. Then a txt saying it's planned here for the 21st and I'm good to pickup 23/24/25/26.
The SA has been tremendous and super responsive too.
Excellent. It will be great to hear about what is included, particularly the matrix headlights. I think HW 4 might be a long way off; Tesla is switching to TSMC for the chips and once they do arrive they may be prioritized for Cybertruck, S and X ahead of Ys.

@Joey_82 @arbitrage000 @ThunderBay3Y
Hey hey, it's been a month so far, how are your babies?
Mine - no issues so far. Charged 100% at home 41$ for almost 3000km.
Got a few warnings about cameras being unavailable - bit of condensation, but that goes away within minutes.
No winter tires yet, still waiting my turn in line at the local shop this saturday - got the Continental vikings 7
Snow driving was ok, AWD is decent, less spin than the 4Runner.
Love not going to gas stations !

Reactions: Joey_82
Got a few warnings about cameras being unavailable - bit of condensation, but that goes away within minutes.
No winter tires yet, still waiting my turn in line at the local shop this saturday - got the Continental vikings 7

Been amazing so far. Honestly I'm very impressed with the driving dynamics, handling and comfort (I've also had a 3 and wasn't expecting it to handle as well as it does given the heigh/size).

Only issue, I noticed early on was a rattle + squeaking coming from the rear bench. Made an appointment, tech asked if we could take it for a drive, and he purposely had planned a bumpy road to make the noise more prominent. The second he heard it, he knew exactly what the issue was and was able to fix it.

I've only driven it a handle of times to be honest (it's primarily my wife's vehicle). Myself, I recently bought a 2018 X. Incredible vehicle, but boy is it nowhere near as fun to drive as the Y (though I knew that going in).

Also, within weeks of getting our Y, a family member and close friend took advantage of existing inventory and bought Y's as well. Instead of an 11 month wait like I had, they each waited just 2 days from the time they ordered, LOL.

Reactions: canadian.bacon
She's doing great. I've had absolutely no issues so far, only super charging was on the 1400km drive home otherwise always charged at home (usually to 80%). I generally work from home so it hasn't been driven a ton, almost 2000km on it now. Like you I get a few warnings about cameras being unavailable, much more often than I do on the wife's M3, but as you said goes away within minutes. Also quite frequently now the wipers turn on in "Auto" model for no real reason so most of the time I have that turned off but it is a pain when I want to use cruise control and they come on. I got updated from 28.300 to 40.4 about 10 days after delivery.

I had my winter tires at the house before I picked up the MY so within the first week of getting it home I put them on in my driveway. We've only had a few cm of snow so far, but a few days of freezing rain and I found it handled very well. Although the day there was about 1/4-1/2 inch of ice on the entire car it was a learning experience of how to get in when all the handles are completely iced over (thankful for that door pop in the app now), the charger port was iced and frozen open, etc. An unusual freezing rain storm here, definitely not an issue with the vehicle.

I like the size of the MY, feel much higher and just overall a larger vehicle than I do in the wifes M3 (although I do enjoy the peppy response of the M3).
I do love driving by the gas stations - the supercharging throws off my stats but when I look at the M3 we used about 315kWh in the last 31 days which is about $25 (not including distribution blah blah). The MY will probably be less as I drive less than she does. In comparison we usually did a gas tank a week in each of the ICE vehicle, so I'd estimate we're saving $250-300/mth on each vehicle from the daily use in city commuting. Loving that. Also love it warmed up within minutes when we're ready to go - my old ICE in the -20 to -30C weather we'd let it idle for 30 minutes and it'll still be freezing inside.

Really enjoying the car so far.
I dropped it off for rocker panel PPF and then full paint correction and ceramic coating and having to drive my partner's ICE for 2 days is when I realized how much I love driving the MY with one pedal drive and instant torque. I missed the MY a lot!!

I've spent about $61 on electrons but $24 of that was one test of a supercharger from ~21-82%. Also I have my 2nd tier rate entered into the Tesla app and don't always get to that rate each month so overall charge cost is likely a bit lower. 1682km driven so far. My commute to work is 10mins mostly downhill so I usually gain about 0.5% and then use 2% going home....LOL

I've also tested out the "free for limited time" 150kw charger at 2 local Chevron stations in Victoria area and have used some of my $100 of free charging (from my Avion Visa) at PetroCanada 350kW station. All via the Tesla CCS adapter that I ordered a minute after accepting delivery of the car. Worked well except for a few glitches from the Chevron chargers that seem to be charger issues and not the car/adapter.

I've had camera warning a few times on high humidity mornings. No big deal. I don't use AP very often as I enjoy driving.

I've actually had very little issue with the Auto wipers and I'm on V. Island so I'm more into rain than snow for the winter. I thought it was going to be a s##t show after reading reports on here but I've yet to have them come on when not needed. Sometimes I feel they may go on one speed higher than I really need and sometimes they can be a little slow to react to a huge wave of water from a hydroplaning car going the other way but I think most auto wipers are (my CX-5 was a bit slow to react to that also).

I never tried Auto High beams until I was on 40.4 which many say has been a big improvement. I find if anything they tending to be cautious about going on so more false negatives and no false positives. Again, it seems they used to be terrible and now seem pretty good to me.

I'm struggling to decide what to do about tires. It is a more difficult decision in the lower mainland/V. island as snow is likely only a week or two over the winter but temps are still single (positive) digits most days and sometimes below freezing in the morning. If I lived pretty much anywhere else in Canada (as I have in the past in Edmonton and Whitehorse) I'd have a set of wheels and either X-Ice or Hakka R5s on the car already.
I'm debating between:
* Doing nothing and just trying to manage with the stock tires for all year.
* Throwing a set of CC2s on the stock wheels for all year
* Buying a second set of wheels and putting on a winter set anyways.
The tire cost is moot as the wear just spreads out but buying CC2s puts the stock tires to waste, a second set of wheels and TPMS sensors gets expensive for a "winter" with very few snow/ice days.

So your snow driving was on the stock Continental tires? If they did okay then maybe I can just manage the few days I may have snow? I could put my partner's Hakka R2 winter wheel/tire set on her car (we never have since moving to the island) and just use that car if it snows. Decisions, decisions.

I put on winters 2 weekends ago (I ordered a set of 19" wheels + tires from pmctire). Last weekend we had a decent amount of fresh snow (nothing like the several feet worth that Buffalo was hit with), but it was enough to test them out and get a good feel.

I do think in certain climates, you could manage with all seasons year round. Definitely a tough call for some people.

I have always agreed with the argument you make where the tire cost is moot as the wear is spread out across both sets for X number of years.

Also - noticed you said you were on 40.4. My friend who picked up a Y last week I noticed was also on 40.4. Mine from a month ago is still on 28.300. Not a single update yet. I do have FSD so was thinking maybe it could be related to FSD being on a different branch (my 3 with FSD was the same way).

---
I like the size of the MY, feel much higher and just overall a larger vehicle than I do in the wifes M3 (although I do enjoy the peppy response of the M3).
---

I do like the size and feel of the Y quite a bit. It feels like a beefier model 3 with a pretty solid stance to it. The 3 definitely a bit more nimble with handling, but compared to my X, the 3 and Y feel very similar to each other and significantly nicer driving dynamics.

Funny, Y and X almost seem like similar overall size, but the Y feels like you're driving a smaller vehicle and the X feels like you're driving a minivan. They've definitely hit a very nice balance with the Y.