TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Class action against Tesla for turning off Prem Connectivity before it was an option

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Paul Wolff, Feb 22, 2020.

1. jordanair45

jordanair45 2019 Model 3 SR+ w/ FSD

Awesome man. I’m in. SRS. I bought the car with premium connectivity not a trial. Elon running around trying to squeeze out profits with dirty tactics. I’m all for it.

• Informative x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  2. PACEMD

PACEMD Member

Working hard and paying? How unAmerican! What are you, some kind of commie?

• Funny x 3
  3. brkaus

brkaus Well-Known Member

I put deposit down on June 2018 to beat the deadline.

Car delivered in Oct/Nov 2018 and I have free premium connectivity as promised.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  4. PACEMD

PACEMD Member

Sure, as if that gives you some kind or right not to start a class-action lawsuit..........

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
  5. TT97

TT97 Active Member

I don't think the @Paul Wolff is going to answer anymore. Obviously just trying to stir the pot. He was deliberately obtuse. Never stated when he ordered his 3 and took a screenshot from before they eliminated free lifetime premium connectivity.

Or to state it simply...

• Funny x 2
  6. teshreve

teshreve Member

Agree.
    At best this is a trial balloon. Fishing for legal perversion. Think: unintended acceleration.
    Or it's a free admission clown show. honk honk!

• Like x 1
  7. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Supporting Member

Can we get this thread deleted? OP isn't even responding and this is nonsense. He is not a contributor and is only posting for this FUD thread.

Reported to admins.

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  8. trm2

trm2 Member

I think it is a class action because he got schooled.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  9. qdeathstar

qdeathstar Active Member

Personally, i’m all for y’all wasting a lot of money and time on this, More power too you!

• Like x 1
  10. Threader

Threader Member

• Informative x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  11. TomT

TomT Technical Maven

Get over it and move on!

• Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  12. dmurphy

dmurphy Woof.

• Love x 2
  13. Kevy Baby

Kevy Baby Dis-Member

Some day, people will realize that the only true winners in class-action lawsuits are lawyers.

• Like x 6
    • Love x 3
  14. CertLive

CertLive Member

Wonder what happens when a Tesla finally becomes self aware and jumps on this post to decide the fate of humanity with its compassion for reason and good will......

Ok so who wants a seat on the mars transport asap?

• Love x 1
  15. focher

focher Member

It's exactly that way by design. If you want to individually recoup something, you sue individually (and opt out of any class action). Class actions are to punish a bad actor, not to make someone whole. The lawyers take all the risk and foot the entire bill. Again, people that don't like class actions can simply opt out of them.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  16. TjckTock

TjckTock Member

@focher - not rue (at least always). My solar roof tile array stopped functioning 5 years after installation. Discovered that both the company that sold the array and the manufacturer of the solar tiles went bankrupt so I thought I was screwed. A couple years later I get a letter to join a class action lawsuit against their insurance company and ultimately got a brand new system installed on their dime. So the class action did make me whole.

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  17. vickh

vickh Active Member

wow. A good reason not to buy solar outright. Who eventually paid for replacement?

18. golfpilot

golfpilot Member

I bought my car in June of 2018 because on July 1st free premium connectivity went away. Since then, the price of the car has dropped dramatically. By "winning" this class action you would effectively be taking even more value from my car by flooding the marketplace with more free connectivity cars. All because you didn't ask the right questions. My ipad LTE internet connectivity, but I have to pay for it. Your car is no different

• Funny x 2
  19. ElectricIAC

ElectricIAC Devil’s Advocate

Dunno how much value you’d actually drop. It may be a selling point sure but it’s not anything someone should pay an extra $1,000 for.

20. Gasaraki

Gasaraki Member

#80 Gasaraki, Oct 19, 2020 at 11:04 AM
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2020 at 11:13 AM
    I'm still kinda confused. Is the OP saying that people who bought the car after June 2018 didn't get the free lifetime "premium connectivity" yet people who bought it before then got it? Is the OP saying that the webpage still showed free lifetime free premium connectivity after June 2018 and people were tricked in to buying the car?

If that feature was removed after June 2018, I don't see what the issue is. Unless they told people that they had that when it didn't after June 2018.