Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Class action against Tesla for turning off Prem Connectivity before it was an option

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some day, people will realize that the only true winners in class-action lawsuits are lawyers.
It's exactly that way by design. If you want to individually recoup something, you sue individually (and opt out of any class action). Class actions are to punish a bad actor, not to make someone whole. The lawyers take all the risk and foot the entire bill. Again, people that don't like class actions can simply opt out of them.

@focher - not rue (at least always). My solar roof tile array stopped functioning 5 years after installation. Discovered that both the company that sold the array and the manufacturer of the solar tiles went bankrupt so I thought I was screwed. A couple years later I get a letter to join a class action lawsuit against their insurance company and ultimately got a brand new system installed on their dime. So the class action did make me whole.

@focher - not rue (at least always). My solar roof tile array stopped functioning 5 years after installation. Discovered that both the company that sold the array and the manufacturer of the solar tiles went bankrupt so I thought I was screwed. A couple years later I get a letter to join a class action lawsuit against their insurance company and ultimately got a brand new system installed on their dime. So the class action did make me whole.

wow. A good reason not to buy solar outright. Who eventually paid for replacement?

I bought my car in June of 2018 because on July 1st free premium connectivity went away. Since then, the price of the car has dropped dramatically. By "winning" this class action you would effectively be taking even more value from my car by flooding the marketplace with more free connectivity cars. All because you didn't ask the right questions. My ipad LTE internet connectivity, but I have to pay for it. Your car is no different

I bought my car in June of 2018 because on July 1st free premium connectivity went away. Since then, the price of the car has dropped dramatically. By "winning" this class action you would effectively be taking even more value from my car by flooding the marketplace with more free connectivity cars. All because you didn't ask the right questions. My ipad LTE internet connectivity, but I have to pay for it. Your car is no different
Dunno how much value you’d actually drop. It may be a selling point sure but it’s not anything someone should pay an extra $1,000 for.

I'm still kinda confused. Is the OP saying that people who bought the car after June 2018 didn't get the free lifetime "premium connectivity" yet people who bought it before then got it? Is the OP saying that the webpage still showed free lifetime free premium connectivity after June 2018 and people were tricked in to buying the car?

If that feature was removed after June 2018, I don't see what the issue is. Unless they told people that they had that when it didn't after June 2018.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Chewy3
Status
Not open for further replies.