Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's amazing how some people waited over 450 days to take delivery back when the refreshed MX was announced, and paid over $100k plus add-ons.

I ordered the poverty edition on 9/2/23, and I'm getting the $7500 tax credit, and it's only gonna take over a month for delivery.

I guess it's not a good idea to be the first ones to order a new product, especially an EV. 🤷‍♂️

Does anyone think our orders being pushed back into Nov-Dec are due to a hopefully small refresh to include the ambient lighting? Or is this supply issues / demand?
I think because of too many demands after the price reduction. This is Q4 and I guarantee you Tesla won’t delay any production for anything. They are trying to meet 1.8M car delivery for the year. They just missed the delivery estimate for Q3 because of the production line shutdown for Model 3 Highland upgrade in Shanghai and Berlin. Trust me. They won’t delay anything just to upgrade small things for us. In the past, Tesla even shipped cars with incomplete parts (like USB ports) to meet delivery number

Anyone with the latest deliveries confirm if they are getting a 24' vin or 23'? I think the cut off is around the first week of October as it was with my Model Y performance last year, and the year before that with my Model 3 performance.
I don't think any deliveries at this point will be '24 since they would have been built in Sept. My guess is that deliveries going forward starting next week will have the possibility of having a build date after 10/1 and chance of being a '24 build. But it doesn't mean that it could have been a last week of Sept build date, which would then still be a '23 build VIN.

Last edited:
Model X Blue Plaid, 20" wheels, Black interior.
Price including delivery and order fee: $91,630
Order date: 9/4
EDD: 11/12 - 1/7
No VIN yet

Model X Blue Plaid, 20" wheels, Black interior.
Price including delivery and order fee: $91,630
Order date: 9/4
New EDD: 10/27 - 12/8
No VIN yet

Any fire sale non-stock MXPs delivered yet?

I don't think any deliveries at this point will be '24 since they would have been built in Sept. My guess is that deliveries going forward starting next week will have the possibility of having a build date after 10/1 and chance of being a '24 build. But it doesn't mean that it could have been a last week of Sept build date, which would then still be a '23 build VIN.
I just want to say I appreciate the patience of some of the people answering questions in the group. I’ve been following this thread since I ordered and read every page. This question about the 24 models or refreshed parts have been asked so many times and everyone I’ve seen that answered haven’t been giving snarky responses. If this was the model X facebook group, they would rip ppl heads off. So just wanted to say thanks!

I just want to say I appreciate the patience of some of the people answering questions in the group. I’ve been following this thread since I ordered and read every page. This question about the 24 models or refreshed parts have been asked so many times and everyone I’ve seen that answered haven’t been giving snarky responses. If this was the model X facebook group, they would rip ppl heads off. So just wanted to say thanks!
We were all newbies once and felt helpless with lack of info with our orders too. Besides, we only have to wait a month or two with this order. When the refresh just came out, some waited 2 years. You saw a lot more temper and snarky responses in that thread