Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elon Musk Opens Up About His Breakup with Amber Heard: 'It Hurt Bad'

How do we help Elon find a girlfriend? He's got to be one of the most eligible batchelors out there. Ironically I can relate to his loneliness, but I've been married for 20yrs.
It's hopeless. Maybe one of those robot companions. It's extremely unlikely he will find a woman willing to tolerate the heavy workload and stress that his work keeps him under. While he is busy saving the world, he probably never ever does house chores, or does them quite badly. His attention will often be elsewhere. He will try to put the relationship on a schedule to fit his work habits. Most women will not appreciate that. It would be a very unique woman who would work, one who is willing to let Elon be Elon and put saving the world on the same or higher priority than the relationship.

His fame will make it even harder. Plenty of people will want to be his companion at first, but few will really be workable.

It's more likely he'll get autopilot and automatic wipers working than find a suitable companion. (yes that's a joke)

Reminds me of the Programmer and the Frog joke:

A programmer was walking down a country lane when he saw a frog sitting on a garden wall. As he approached, he noticed that the frog seemed to be watching him. He reached out to pick it up and, as he did so, the frog jumped into his hand and spoke to him: "I am really a princess and if you kiss me you will restore me to my normal form. My father, the king, will then reward you with riches beyond your wildest dreams!" The programmer thought about this for a moment and replied: "Thank you very much, but, as a computer programmer, I am a man of simple needs and that sort of wealth would just be a burden; I wouldn't want the responsibility of dealing with it all." So he put the frog in his pocket and continued down the lane.

A short while later the frog spoke to him again: "If you kiss me, my father will make you his Chief Minister and you will rule the kingdom." The programmer responded: "Thank you again, that is indeed a generous offer, but I have never really had any ambition to move into management", and he carried on walking.

Now the frog was getting desperate so she tried her final gambit: "OK then, I am really quite a beautiful princess you know, and if you kiss me I will give you great sex for a year!" The programmer considered carefully, but replied: "That is certainly a tempting offer, but with all those late night coding sessions, I really don't have time for a sex life." The frog, now quite exasperated, asked: "I just don't get you - I've offered you wealth, power and sex - and you've turned them all down; what is it you want?" and the programmer answered: "Well, the things you've offered me have been quite good, but a talking frog, that's neat!"

Elon is essentially married to his work, and most spouses don't want to be number two! Beautiful actresses are almost definitely out.

The only way I see this working is if Elon marries someone who can truly partner with him. She would probably need to accompany him on most of his travels, including the regular back-and-forth between his companies, and be smart enough to make meaningful contributions to his thought processes. Of course, she'd also need to be prepared to give him space whenever he needs to ponder things quietly.

With any spouse, even an optimal partner, Elon would need to make sacrifices for the relationship, i.e., take the time to love his wife. While this might initially seem to hurt his various work endeavors, the ensuing relational stability should more than make up for it.

Just started reading this. Looks to offer useful insight into who Elon is and what makes him tick. See Elon Musk: Inventor's Plans for Outer Space, Cars, Finding Love - Rolling Stone

In some ways that short article is more revealing than the Vance biography.
One of the lines from Hitchhiker's, Musk says, ended up being Musk Family Rule Number One: "Don't panic."
"The boys were quite skittish about all kinds of things," Riley explains.

"That's our other rule," Musk continues. "Safety third. There's not even a Rule Number Two.
But even though there's nothing in second place, safety is not getting promoted to number two."

• Informative
Reactions: Rouget
Frankly, Elon's love life of recent years - based on the publicity - has always reminded me of Leisure Suit Larry. It never felt sustainable from the outset.

Leisure_Suit_Larry_2.png

I think @abasile's thoughts of a companion might be more sustainable, no matter the difficulty.

• Funny
Reactions: neroden and ohmman
His hair in that video is awful. It's also kind of ironic he said he'd like to be on the cover of Rolling Stone. That's one of the few major magazines that he hasn't been on the cover of.
Just started reading this. Looks to offer useful insight into who Elon is and what makes him tick. See Elon Musk: Inventor's Plans for Outer Space, Cars, Finding Love - Rolling Stone

In some ways that short article is more revealing than the Vance biography.
Well, Elon's dream has finally come true. He's on the cover of "Rolling Stone":

elon-musk-0b50501d-c829-4634-aaa8-8afbda486949.jpg

Elon Musk Opens Up About His Breakup with Amber Heard: 'It Hurt Bad'

How do we help Elon find a girlfriend? He's got to be one of the most eligible batchelors out there. Ironically I can relate to his loneliness, but I've been married for 20yrs.

My interpretation of the article is that Elon wants companionship and emotional comfort, partly because these things were absent from his childhood. I know people who survived starvation and poverty and even as successful adults they crave food and money. I think it is similar with Elon, just with an emotional rather than monetary or food issue.

The problem is that Elon’s work schedule doesn’t allow him to give back what he wants. Companionship is a 2-way street.

Elon is essentially married to his work, and most spouses don't want to be number two! Beautiful actresses are almost definitely out.

The only way I see this working is if Elon marries someone who can truly partner with him. She would probably need to accompany him on most of his travels, including the regular back-and-forth between his companies, and be smart enough to make meaningful contributions to his thought processes. Of course, she'd also need to be prepared to give him space whenever he needs to ponder things quietly.

With any spouse, even an optimal partner, Elon would need to make sacrifices for the relationship, i.e., take the time to love his wife. While this might initially seem to hurt his various work endeavors, the ensuing relational stability should more than make up for it.

...Either She is a co-founder in a new venture or something.

And Entrepreneurs tend to only coexist with another Entrepreneur spouse in a marriage context (either the significant other is literally a co-founder and they both are running a business together or they have their own business).

A Entrepreneur married to a non Entrepreneur doesn't seem to work based on what I've personally seen. I'm not saying it's not possible just extremely difficult it seems.

• Love
Reactions: neroden
Elon Musk and SpaceX had a brief cameo at the very end of Thursday's episode of Young Sheldon. Kinda funny. I do like how people invite him to do cameos like this...

The scene was that Sheldon Cooper (from Big Bang Theory) came up with the idea of landing a rocket booster 25 years ago and Elon Musk copied the idea after finding Sheldon's notebook with all the calculations.

We saw that this evening and we both laughed at the end. It's the second time he's had a cameo in The Big Bang Theory franchise. He lives in LA and knows a lot of people in the entertainment biz. I'm sure he likes being part of the joke and that episode of Young Sheldon probably had some parallels with Elon's own life.

Status
Not open for further replies.