Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even when Musk is genius, he is still human. I'm worried, that he has too much to do. Space X, Model X ramp up, Model X quality, Gigafactor, TE, Model 3 and still one new task add to all those; Solar city.

I have understood, he sometimes has micromanagement tendencies. He absolutely can't micromanage all those.

I think maybe the original business plan / master plan spelled things out up to Model 3...
Perhaps it is time for new goals for the next generation after that...?
Plans for an even less expensive model? Even larger volumes? Fully global sales?
And maybe clarify on pickup, next gen Roadster, etc.
There is plenty to discuss just with evolutionary plans even if there is no 2nd revolution to announce.
(But I suppose we can all hope they have something else unexpected up their sleeves.)

Also, I wonder if there are thoughts about a new CEO and/or President for the future?
I don't think he planned to be the main guy making the final decisions forever.

Elon Musk has said there would be an even more affordable car than the Model 3 later down the road. He described the Model 3 as affordable to many (he may have said "most") and the follow on car would be affordable to all.

There are also rumors Elon may step down from Tesla after the Model 3. I'm not sure he will do that, but I expect he will at some point. I would think JB Straubel would replace him.

• Funny
Reactions: callmesam

Attachments

• IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    449.5 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: GoTslaGo
There are also rumors Elon may step down from Tesla after the Model 3. I'm not sure he will do that, but I expect he will at some point. I would think JB Straubel would replace him.

This is not a rumor, Elon said at the June 3rd 2014 shareholder meeting that he would consider stepping down in 4 or 5 years. He said that he could not be CEO of two companies forever. That would put it after the M3 has had a year or two of production.

From TMZ.com

Amber Heard -- who's in the throes of a divorce with Johnny Depp -- is spending a lot of time with a guy who makes Johnny look like a pauper -- billionaire extraordinaire Elon Musk ... TMZ has learned.

Our sources say Amber has known the Tesla inventor for several years, but in the last few months they've been spending a lot of time together.

Just last weekend Amber and her sister were hanging out in Elon's hotel bungalow in Miami. We're told she had a 1-on-1 dinner at his L.A. house 2 weeks ago. We're told she recently went to Elon's L.A. area office to spend time with him. And we're told he's paid several visits to her home.

No one in Amber's camp is calling it "dating," but we're told the amount of time they spend together has definitely increased.

Elon -- who's worth an estimated $12.7 billion -- is also going through a divorce with Talulah. They married, divorced, remarried and she filed for divorce for a second time in March.

From TMZ.com

Amber Heard -- who's in the throes of a divorce with Johnny Depp -- is spending a lot of time with a guy who makes Johnny look like a pauper -- billionaire extraordinaire Elon Musk ... TMZ has learned.

Why is it that even really bright, high profile guys get sucked into the orbit of the Hollywood nuthouse? I'm sure there must be some really attractive women in California that aren't actresses?

Why is it that even really bright, high profile guys get sucked into the orbit of the Hollywood nuthouse? I'm sure there must be some really attractive women in California that aren't actresses?

Elon doesn't have the best picker when it comes to relationships. Some of it may be related to his mother who was a model. Many people are drawn to mates who are like their opposite gender parent.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden and Lex
Elon doesn't have the best picker when it comes to relationships. Some of it may be related to his mother who was a model. Many people are drawn to mates who are like their opposite gender parent.

Perhaps. It's a bit of a shame. I've always admired Bill Gates - who easily could have chosen to go that way - but expressed no interest in it whatsoever.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden

I think Elon's relationship problems have more to do with available time than choice. He's working 2 full-time CEO jobs between Tesla and SpaceX, and has to find time to spend with his 5 kids on top of that. Anyone he marries is going to be a 3rd priority, and that's not going to fly for the overwhelming majority of people. Then there's the issue of Mars. I can't see many women wanting to leave the comforts of Earth for the cold, rugged frontier existence in a SpaceX Mars colony.

Elon certainly picks a certain type of svelte, good looking woman. I remember thinking a few years ago it couldn't be a coincidence that Talulah Riley somewhat resembled Justine Musk. Amber Heard doesn't have the same resemblance but she's along the same lines.

Personally, I think Elon's next girlfriend should be a professional StarCraft II player who spends an obsessive amount of time playing multiplayer video games. That somewhat takes care of the time problem. A StarCraft II player might also be more amenable to getting in a space ship and living in a Terran Command Center on Mars. En Taro Adun! We require more minerals...

When it comes to Elon's relationship issues, I always thought this quote from him some time ago might be telling:

“I would like to allocate more time to dating, though. I need to find a girlfriend. That’s why I need to carve out just a little more time. I think maybe even another five to 10 — how much time does a woman want a week? Maybe 10 hours? That’s kind of the minimum? I don’t know.” — Elon Musk

He is a high IQ, low EQ kind of guy ... :cool:

Low EQ people don't tend to behave well under stress, and Elon seems to be capable of dealing with some pretty intense stress.

Elon is all head and little heart. He approaches everything as a Physics problem, which is fantastic for his work life, but it doesn't work for his personal life. In Ashley Vance's biography there was something in there that Elon set about learning how to relate to people because he realized that to see his vision in the real world, he was going to have to manage people to work for him. But he just barely met minimum spec there.

Tesla and SpaceX are both very tough places to work and Elon is famous for being unsympathetic, though he's also famous for removing obstacles from people's way too. There was one guy at SpaceX who lost his glasses during an engine test. I think they fell into some equipment and got destroyed. He was wearing his prescription sun glasses everywhere because he had no other glasses and didn't have time to get any. Elon overheard him telling someone about his situation and about 1/2 hour later Elon passed him a note with an appointment with an optometrist on it. Elon had set it up.

Elon's motivation wasn't to be nice to the guy, he did it for very pragmatic reasons. The guy couldn't do his best work wearing sunglasses in the office, so he arranged to get the problem fixed.

As a mate Elon is absent most of the time and when he is around, he's likely quite the hard task master (it's unlikely he shuts that part of himself off when he leaves the office). He also has some semi-eugenics ideas that smart people should have as many children as possible and any mate is seen as a potential brood mare for more children. That may have been one of the tensions between him and Telulah, she probably didn't want children any time soon because of her career and he may have been pressuring for more children. We'll probably never know for sure though, both are fairly quiet about the details of why they split, though I believe she has said she had problems with the loneliness.

Status
Not open for further replies.