Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Should Elon Include in His Top Secret Master Plan II

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I expect that it will involve more volume, more models, and maybe a target for autopilot in terms of capabilities or # of miles per fatality, on average.

I expect that the models will include a pickup truck, but maybe also an additional SUV (smaller than the current Model X). Just based on market share, I don't think a hatchback will happen immediately, but maybe it gets a spot in this plan as potentially even less expensive than the Model 3.

I'm making guesses on the models just based on sales by body style: SUVs and Crossovers Overtake Sedans to Become Most Popular Vehicle Body Style in the U.S., IHS Automotive Finds | IHS Online Newsroom

Last edited:
New integrated scty and TE product. Reducing installation costs to reduce payoff time. Integration of sales with TE umbrella storefront.
Hoping for something compelling and financially sustainable.
Anyone worried scty will impair TSLA brand value?

Ok..

Elon has a new time stretcher. Elon Musk on Twitter

What do you think it is? We only have a few days to guess.

Does it have anything to do with M3?
Pencils down?
Or MY?
Or ....?

Any guesses?
Man - an answer to "Pencils Down" seems spot on. Ive read many of the other (wants) to be announced. I want them too, but I think your Pencil Down is a lead cinch

giphy.gif

• Funny
Reactions: Gunn
Painting a picture of fully integrated solar/storage/charge options for home and utility applications. Won't be anything like a new model vehicle or anything specific like that, but more of a long term vision to change people's notion of what's possible, just like the first "master plan".

If investors would like to do some quick math based on this new vision......well that's up to them. :)

Wonder if Elon will continue the metaphor/include a further explanation of "Alien Dreadnought Levels" that he mentioned on the Solar City call. I think an Alien Dreadnought Level will be a good measurement unit for giant, unstoppable forces previously unimagined. :cool::D:p

Wonder if Elon will continue the metaphor/include a further explanation of "Alien Dreadnought Levels" that he mentioned on the Solar City call. I think an Alien Dreadnought Level will be a good measurement unit for giant, unstoppable forces previously unimagined. :cool::D:p

Master Plan Part Two calls for a Giga-Gigafactory-Factory that will crank out one billion Gigafactories per year. Dreadnoughts 'R' Us :p

I wonder what Elon's view is on cleaner nuclear tech, such as thorium reactors, and whether that has a place in future power generation, or whether he'd rather jump straight to Tesla Fusion™. Or whether he thinks pure solar / wind / hydro / geothermal will be enoug
When Elon launched Tesla Energy last year, he was pretty clear in describing how, for example, the current electrical demands of the United States could be met using a tiny part of the continental US covered with solar panels, then went on to say that in reality the required land area is far less because most solar would be installed on building roof tops. He also detailed how much land area needed to be devoted to large storage batteries, and it was even less than the area needed for solar.

In my opinion he sees no reason for nuclear power.