Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Employee who sent $30,000 off email was FIRED!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, Tesla sent us that statement after we published our piece. It's official.

Regarding the original email, unfortunately, I think it could have been more clear that the "discount" was on inventory/used cars, not brand new ones. I'm not blaming the guy who sent it — don't know exactly who drafted and approved the email — but I think everyone at Tesla should be cautious how they communicate about these inventory/used options.

Hello everyone,

Last week I received an email from Tesla advertising "showroom discounts" up to $30,000 off P100D models, which I posted here. TMC put an article on the front page based on my post, which got picked up by Elektrek in this article: Tesla offers ‘up to $30,000 showroom discounts’ and lowers interest rates to boost sales before end of the quarter. Tesla has since terminated the sales advisor, Aaron Schenck. Some of us local owners are really shocked by this, especially since many of us received the email and told people we knew to help Tesla sell more cars. Aaron Schenck is a great guy with a family, doesn't deserve this. I was told by another local owner that Aaron had the approval of his manager to send out that email because end-of-quarter incentives were coming.

The TMC article that likely prompted the Elektrek article is here: Tesla Offering ‘Showroom Discounts’ Up To $30K

The thread I started when I shared the email is here: Tesla Email: $30,000 Off P100D!!!!

Hoping there is something we can do for him, he was just doing his job.

In this Year Of Our Lord 2017 we need to be mindful of consequences when posting stuff. The moment I read the email posted verbatim along with the guys name I was like" NOOOOOooo". I guess we can write off any future "under the radar" discounts going forward. Pretty bad all around.

Not to be a jerk but the next logical follow up thread title could appropriately read:

"Some Idiot Got Tesla Employee Fired And Ruined Tesla Discounts Forever"

Last edited:
@AmpedRealtor you got the guy fired. Hope you feel proud of yourself.

No he certainly didn't. The sales rep did not state that this offer was either confidential or exclusive. And any reasonable person would have to assume that something like this would get out.

This is 100% between the rep and Tesla. We don't have enough info to pass judgement on what happened, and I think it's wise that none of us do. Many of us would have done the same thing, making the apparent incentive widely known.

Reactions: beths11 and croman
...Or maybe he didn't have permission to send it out afterall...

I don't know him at all, but my feeling is that if he was that great of an employee, they wouldn't have fired him if he was doing something he had permission for. That is, unless his boss didn't want to take responsibility for it and threw him under the bus.

I think we have a winner here. Though whether it was his direct boss or the "big boss" is up for debate.

Reactions: R.S
That's terrible to hear. I've purchased both my S's through Aaron and he's been a straight shooter with me. I haven't been able to get so much as a free baseball cap from him. It's not like these inventory model incentives are news. They just cleared through the 90Ds and I think there are a couple other threads discussing the P100D incentives beyond the OPs thread.

Maybe it's a culture thing, I just read they're getting hit with a labor suit:

US labor board files complaint against Tesla over worker rights

Being the company that is making big changes in the world, I hope they treat their workforce better....
Not a suit yet, just a complaint. I found out there is a big difference.

@AmpedRealtor you got the guy fired. Hope you feel proud of yourself.

Actions have consequences.

While @AmpedRealtor was the one to post the private e-mail, if he hadn't done it someone else here probably would have because that's what people do here. And the more of a secret it's suppose to be, the more proud people are to reveal it publicly. They do this without ever thinking of the consequences.

Obviously there are at least 10 (maybe more before I post this) people who think your post is harsh, inaccurate, overstated etc all... but the fact remains if @AmpedRealtor doesn't publicly post the private e-mail the guy may still have a job as the sequence of events may unfold entirely differently. Or not. We'll never know because we rarely get do overs.

Actions have consequences. Always. And sometimes far reaching.