Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

false green light chime at the traffic light

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm on 2022.20.8, paid for FSD, don't have it yet, the thing bothers me most is when I'm stopped at traffic light, on the middle lane going straight, with left turn light and the left turn light turns green, Tesla give me the chime to proceed, as if my light turned green. When will they resolve this dangerous issue?
Is it like this for you at a lot of intersections or just this one?

I haven’t heard the green light chime in forever cause I’m living that FSD Beta life, but before I got the Beta, there was this one intersection it just sucked at. It couldn’t tell that one of the lights only applied to the left-turn lane. I’m wondering if it’s an odd edge case it fails at for some intersection configurations.

I haven’t heard the green light chime in forever cause I’m living that FSD Beta life, but before I got the Beta, there was this one intersection it just sucked at. It couldn’t tell that one of the lights only applied to the left-turn lane. I’m wondering if it’s an odd edge case it fails at for some intersection configurations.
This. With all of the AI and ML and DOJO and stacks and "fire" releases. You mean this "superior vision only" cant get THIS RIGHT YET?

Reactions: DarkForest
I'm on 2022.20.8, paid for FSD, don't have it yet, the thing bothers me most is when I'm stopped at traffic light, on the middle lane going straight, with left turn light and the left turn light turns green, Tesla give me the chime to proceed, as if my light turned green. When will they resolve this dangerous issue?
I wish that a false green light chime was the thing that bothers me most about FSD!

Sadly, I seem to have lost my Tesla FSD development plan, so cannot answer your question. Maybe someone else on here still has a copy and can give you the schedule on green light chime improvements.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
Hmmmm, why is everything dangerous. Folks sure like to use that word. It is only dangerous if you decide to go. :) This happens to me on rare occasions, yet I think there are more important things to focus on first. I guess it is a matter of personal opinion.

The "ding" is a wake-up call for people who were otherwise staring at their phone and holding up traffic. I even get the "ding" when behind 2 cars at the light and the light turns green and they start moving. I appreciate the "ding" so I don't get honked at like most people. :)

Where the problem comes in, is if the car is in in AP/NoA/FSD and starts moving on a red light, forcing a disengagement.

On FSD beta, I have had 2-3 instances where the car saw the wrong traffic light (the next intersection’s light) and tried to run the light, forcing a disengagement. Not sure what causes it since it’s an intersection I use regularly and FSD has not issues most of the time. Reported to Tesla every time.
Similar issues have cropped up with angled intersections, where a stop sign is meant for a merging right street, but Tesla picks up the stop sign due to its angle and slows down when it should not.

Hmmmm, why is everything dangerous. Folks sure like to use that word. It is only dangerous if you decide to go. :) This happens to me on rare occasions, yet I think there are more important things to focus on first. I guess it is a matter of personal opinion.

it seems to be a pattern here. when people say "dangerous," they just mean it's annoying to them.

The other day someone was griping that AP jail due to exceeding its max speed was dangerous because they HAD to pull over to the shoulder to re-enable AP.

Green light chime enabled lack of paying attention at a red light. And when it gets it wrong, it forces you to pay attention for no good reason. Dangerous I tell you!

it seems to be a pattern here. when people say "dangerous," they just mean it's annoying to them.

The other day someone was griping that AP jail due to exceeding its max speed was dangerous because they HAD to pull over to the shoulder to re-enable AP.

Green light chime enabled lack of paying attention at a red light. And when it gets it wrong, it forces you to pay attention for no good reason. Dangerous I tell you!
It's the internet. Histrionics rule.

dunno - do you accelerate through the red light if someone honks at you?
Maybe you accelerate through the light because the folks in left lane start going?
Personally I look for the green light. :D

dunno - do you accelerate through the red light if someone honks at you?
Maybe you accelerate through the light because the folks in left lane start going?
Personally I look for the green light. :D
"do you accelerate through the red light if someone honks at you?" what do u mean? I said I'm stopped behind a red light, my light is RED, left turn light turns GREEN, not mine, but it chimes to let me know my light is green, which is NOT.

I have experienced it on different intersections, but this one since it's on my way home and happens all the time.