Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 4.3 - basic charging scheduling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Door locking problem solved.

Service Tech came down first thing this morning, pulled a fuse, popped it back and did a flash update for the specific module. Spent longer testing everything worked than in actually doing the fix. Thorough work much appreciated. Big thumbs up to Aaron from Tampa Service.

No idea why this fault occurred on my car but it doesn't seem to be a general issue.

Now, I'm off for a drive..... :smile:

** UPDATE **

The car does NOT register as plugged-in when charging is delayed. The Chargepoint station that I am parked at says the station is available even though I am plugged-in.

For my usecase, the way it is now would be preferable because most of the chargers around me are pay per time. If they were in use, I'd be paying to sit idle. Probably shouldn't sit plugged in unless you're going to charge. Is there a reason you'd want to delay charging when you're at a chargepoint station?

For my usecase, the way it is now would be preferable because most of the chargers around me are pay per time. If they were in use, I'd be paying to sit idle. Probably shouldn't sit plugged in unless you're going to charge. Is there a reason you'd want to delay charging when you're at a chargepoint station?

In San Francisco, most chargers are free because they are in public garages. There are a lot of EV owners here as well as visitors. If I am looking for a place to charge, I open up the Chargepoint or PlugShare apps to see what is available. I would not like to go into a garage where the app says a station is available, but in fact it is being occupied. I believe that if a car is plugged-in and occupying an EV space, then the owner should be charged.

** UPDATE **

The car does NOT register as plugged-in when charging is delayed. The Chargepoint station that I am parked at says the station is available even though I am plugged-in.

Since the charge timer is location aware why would you set a time if you were at a Chargpoint station? It would be bad EV etiquette to have your car parked at a public charge station plugged in and not charging.

If I came up to a Chargepoint charger that is not charging (but plugged in, as often occurs with Volts and PlugInPrius'), I believe it is totally within EV etiquette to unplug and charge your own car (their car is done charging).
Also, the Chargepoint charger needs your RFID card to start charging; I doubt it will start charging when the timer starts.
Solution: no timers at public stations.

Since the charge timer is location aware why would you set a time if you were at a Chargpoint station? It would be bad EV etiquette to have your car parked at a public charge station plugged in and not charging.

I totally agree with you. This was just an experiment because of Tesla's previous software versions where it would send a "plug-out" signal to the Chargepoint station when charging was complete.

If I came up to a Chargepoint charger that is not charging (but plugged in, as often occurs with Volts and PlugInPrius'), I believe it is totally within EV etiquette to unplug and charge your own car (their car is done charging).
Also, the Chargepoint charger needs your RFID card to start charging; I doubt it will start charging when the timer starts.
Solution: no timers at public stations.

I arrived at my garage at 6:55am this morning and set a delay charge for 7:10am. At 7am I plugged in the Chargepoint cable. I was monitoring the Chargepoint app for that station through 7:10am. The Chargepoint station showed-up as available up until 7:10am and then it changed to "in-use". I verified that the charging started from the Tesla app.

I agree that timers should not be set at public stations, but I'm sure tons of people do it.

Last edited:
Side Mirror settings in Firmware 4.3

I just noticed that my side view mirrors do not change (anymore) when I go in reverse. I figured the 4.3 update reset my settings and tried setting them but it did not seem to take.

Is anyone else having this issue with 4.3? Is there a setting I need to change?

I guess this is an OK initial attempt for a charging timer. In my case, I would like to set multiple date and time ranges to make use of seasonal TOU rates. For now, I'll have to reprogram the timer every season and set the start charge time for one of the daily off-peak times.

In San Diego, I just set it to 2am, and it will always be off peak, even in the strange crossover times. In the very rare occasions that that would leave me without a full charge in the morning, I can always start it manually.