Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.8.6/7/8/9/10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well there's enough different places/sources where it's clear that driver controlled height (aka auto-lowering) returns so "greater" seems appropriate to me. My gut feel is that this has also taken longer because there's another bonbon related to drive characteristics in there....

Which ones? The color-change door handle LEDs? The self-clean touchscreen mode? Road noise cancellation? or the cruise control / turn signal function swap?

(reference)

I was just at the service center today and they updated me to 5.8.10 1.49.95. I was told the update changed the way the pano roof closes. The service manager said that the two motors are now controlled independently to provide a more precise seal.

I was just at the service center today and they updated me to 5.8.10 1.49.95. I was told the update changed the way the pano roof closes. The service manager said that the two motors are now controlled independently to provide a more precise seal.

I was told something similar. I haven't really had any pano roof problems, but I did start to notice a faint "tea kettle" kind of whistle when at speed. I reported it when I dropped my car off this afternoon. The SC told me they were instructed to apply a software patch which sounded odd to me, but based on the above, I guess it makes sense.

I was told something similar. I haven't really had any pano roof problems, but I did start to notice a faint "tea kettle" kind of whistle when at speed. I reported it when I dropped my car off this afternoon. The SC told me they were instructed to apply a software patch which sounded odd to me, but based on the above, I guess it makes sense.

Slight tea kettle whistle? Wow, when we close our pano roof at speed it whistles so loud for a second or so it almost blows our ears out!

Yah, I've always heard this one when closing the roof at > 50mph. I don't do that often, partly because the sound is painful.

The tea kettle whistle is due to a bad seal at the front appliqué, which is the black piece of roof plastic between the windshield and front of pano roof opening. The fix involves installing several brackets underneath the appliqué that pull the piece downward, creating a more effective seal. I don't know how software could address this, but it's worth a shot I guess!

The tea kettle whistle is due to a bad seal at the front appliqué, which is the black piece of roof plastic between the windshield and front of pano roof opening. The fix involves installing several brackets underneath the appliqué that pull the piece downward, creating a more effective seal. I don't know how software could address this, but it's worth a shot I guess!

Funny thing is I was having no problems whatsoever with my Pano Roof, but the last time the car was in for service they did some sort of TSB work to it, and now I have the whistle. To be fair, it is very faint and only seems to happen when it is extremely cold. Probably some rubber shrinking up due to temperature.