Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1 - For Classic Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree - navigation, trip planning, supercharger availability would all benefit everyone. Plus finish the UI changes properly and improve the music (at least use cover art if it's in the file).

Mine shows album art....

c23ae66d9a7a12211f55825f5d01e0d8.jpg

3437507c26fb9df0cf5057d115206d12.jpg

955caea2f2db5543c1807908032b3a2c.jpg

a198b30ae609a28364fd170584341936.jpg

This seems like a feature to me. I've often cancelled before I looked at the graph and berated myself for doing so.
I played with it a bit more today. When you cancel a trip, the trip graph stays (until you turn the car off and on), but it is static - no updating at all as you drive. I don't see that as useful, and it's not documented, which is why I think it's a bug. Even if it did update, I really doubt they would leave the graph up on purpose. If you forgot that the graph was not for your actual trip, it could result in you getting stranded if the graph showed that you have enough to get to wherever your previous trip destination was, but now you're going somewhere else, maybe in a totally different direction. (I know, "Range Assurance" would probably prevent that, but you get my point - it's showing potentially incorrect info.)

Well, if it doesn't update, it's worthless.

If it did update, all Tesla needs to do is add a banner or label that says "Last Known Trip" or somesuch.

Although I really can't see someone cancelling Nav guidance, AND significantly changing course, AND still relying on the energy graph. If someone's not paying enough attention to that, they'd likely run out anyway.

Well, if it doesn't update, it's worthless.

If it did update, all Tesla needs to do is add a banner or label that says "Last Known Trip" or somesuch.

Although I really can't see someone cancelling Nav guidance, AND significantly changing course, AND still relying on the energy graph. If someone's not paying enough attention to that, they'd likely run out anyway.

I can see it: Hit "Places", then accidentally hit the wrong destination, maybe the one above or below the one you want in the list. Notice your mistake, cancel that, then get distracted and head off because you know the way, then a while later, part way along the trip, open the Energy app...

Anyway, doesn't matter, since it's static.

I drove with autodim for the first time tonight. It kept dropping the brightness to 0% within seconds of my setting it to a level that I could read -- I'd dial in 25%, and it would immediately start dialing it back town to zero. It didn't seem to learn or otherwise adjust to the setting I needed, so I've turned it off.

Two bugs and one other change that I've noticed so far with 7.1:

Bug 1: After you cancel a trip in the Nav, the Trip graph isn't cleared until you turn the car off and on (i.e. get out and back in). This was while in park and plugged in - not sure if it might clear the graph in other situations.
Bug 2 (may not be new): The button at top right of the Controls page says "Charging" when the car is plugged in and running climate control but not charging.
Change: The silly "Region" selector in the Units & Formats page is gone again - yay.

I noticed that the "Trip" tab in the energy app retained a graph even after I had cancelled a trip (which is new behavior) as well... I wonder if the to are related...

WRT to auto-fold mirrors it used to annoy me that I would park in my garage after manually folding mirrors and then open my driver door, exit, close it and then open the rear door (to get the kids out or a bag), the mirrors would unfold (annoying). Firstly, is this behaviour similar for others?

Last night it didn't auto-unfold (yeah) when I opened the rear door after parking and closing the driver door. Note, I haven't tested this anymore.

WRT to auto-fold mirrors it used to annoy me that I would park in my garage after manually folding mirrors and then open my driver door, exit, close it and then open the rear door (to get the kids out or a bag), the mirrors would unfold (annoying). Firstly, is this behaviour similar for others?

Last night it didn't auto-unfold (yeah) when I opened the rear door after parking and closing the driver door. Note, I haven't tested this anymore.

I haven't tried this, but I can confirm that if auto-fold is enabled in settings and you manually fold your mirrors, opening the driver door will unfold the mirrors. So for me, after hoping this was "fixed" and turning auto-fold on again, I turned it back off the same night.

I haven't tried this, but I can confirm that if auto-fold is enabled in settings and you manually fold your mirrors, opening the driver door will unfold the mirrors. So for me, after hoping this was "fixed" and turning auto-fold on again, I turned it back off the same night.

You guys with your fancy folding mirrors...I thought this was a classic S thread ;)

It still unfolds if you open the driver door, but it used to also unfold if you opened the rear doors. What I'm saying is it doesn't seem to do that anymore.

You guys with your fancy folding mirrors...I thought this was a classic S thread ;)

If it's any consolation, my car didn't come with auto-fold mirrors. I had it retrofitted. :)

- - - Updated - - -

It still unfolds if you open the driver door, but it used to also unfold if you opened the rear doors. What I'm saying is it doesn't seem to do that anymore.

Exactly. You asked if anyone else noticed this and I said I did not, I noticed the other behavior. I am glad they "fixed" the rear door behavior. :)