Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The release notes for .16 said something about firmware updates for the UMC? Is this a Rev 2 UMC thing or does it apply to the older UMC's also?

I read that too but not sure if it applies to the first-gen UMC:

04073C77-9E1C-45B1-BB51-408A752CF958.jpeg

7299E8A8-66C3-4811-A227-8318EC53A5ED.jpeg

So SC finally got update injected (new summer tires) from 2018.12 all the way to 2018.18 and I'm impressed by the scrolling speed and browser updates, but I did notice something's missing on the new browser, when pinching/zooming with two fingers, it no longer allows full scrolling like it used to (if I recall can't horizontal scroll), maps still scrolls the same while pinch/zooming.

Not a big deal since vertical scrolling seems available on pages more quickly now, where the old browser needed to load a lot of data before you could scroll with one finger (and the two-finger technique was a bit of a "cheat" to scroll early).

Just got 2018.21.9 - Says it has better handling for onramps/offramps under TACCs also will start showing forward cars in adjacent lanes on display. Haven't driven any where yet.

Also more updates to mobile connector.

After the update - my wipers kept triggering in the garage. Turned them off for now.
Does showing of cars in adjacent lanes require autopilot to be enabled or does it shower even when driving manually? Thanks.

Please redirect me if I’m in the wrong spot.
Running 8.1 ( 2018.21.9) in my 2016 MS.
First day of highway driving after update and things have turned to *sugar*.
Hand on wheel alarm comes way to quickly.
AP has the car pinging side to side like I have not seen in over a year.
Very disappointed here at what seems to be a backwards step.

Please redirect me if I’m in the wrong spot.
Running 8.1 ( 2018.21.9) in my 2016 MS.
First day of highway driving after update and things have turned to *sugar*.
Hand on wheel alarm comes way to quickly.
AP has the car pinging side to side like I have not seen in over a year.
Very disappointed here at what seems to be a backwards step.

I have an AP1 S from 2016 as well. No lane hunting - but yes - the nag is upped. Elon promised a fix via twitter. I've actually found the last couple of updates to be very stable and smooth.

I have an AP1 S from 2016 as well. No lane hunting - but yes - the nag is upped. Elon promised a fix via twitter. I've actually found the last couple of updates to be very stable and smooth.
I think Elon only promised to change the wording since it is confusing. "Hold Steering Wheel" is not accurate and that is what he said he would change. Actually not sure what words they will use that is short and clear.

Reactions: JenniferQ
Been on 2018.14.2 since end of April. UGH.... I hate this system of updating. You never know if something's gone wrong, or you're just unlucky with the distribution of updates.

...and yes I have Wi-Fi on and a full strength access point in my garage ;)

On this new version the nags are unbearable. I always keep my hands on the wheel but somehow I'm not applying enough pressure somewhere. I keep getting locked out of AP even though my hands are on the wheel the whole time! I guess I'll also file a report to Tesla. This is why we can't have nice things! Idiots.