Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got update to 2018.32.2 3817fdd last night.

When I try to use the steering wheel FWD/BCK buttons to change between streaming radio channels, it doesn't work. And, after attempting, the media player completely freezes. It'll finish the existing song, but you cannot skip songs, cannot change channel, cannot switch to radio, etc. - you have to reboot the infotainment system.

I've been able to reproduce it multiple times.

Multiple versions of 8.1 still have not fixed the traffic data not updating, it’s getting really frustrating..

For those who aren’t familiar: drive your car at one point in the day (e.g. rush hour) and observe bad traffic in the maps app on the CID. Park for a few hours, then get back in your car - maps will show the same traffic data as when you last drove it, even though actual traffic is completely different.

You have toggle the traffic icon off then back on to see the real traffic data updated on the screen. Here’s a basic video example:

I'm still on 28.5 and haven't seen an issue in a couple of days. I am really starting to believe Tesla engineers update between releases behind the scenes with nobody the wiser, or there was some backend problem that was corrected at the mothership. I'm interested to see if anyone else on 28.5 sees their problems magically disappear without an to update.
I'm all good with testing new releases, just give us a little warning that it might not he fully baked!

I'm still on 28.5 and haven't seen an issue in a couple of days. I am really starting to believe Tesla engineers update between releases behind the scenes with nobody the wiser, or there was some backend problem that was corrected at the mothership. I'm interested to see if anyone else on 28.5 sees their problems magically disappear without an to update.
I'm all good with testing new releases, just give us a little warning that it might not he fully baked!
In the morning after an update that took place over night internet browser was acting as if it wasn’t connected to the internet ( I tested it a few times with the same result), while all of the internet radio was working just fine. But I checked again later in the afternoon and it was working just fine... so I guess some king of a quick fix got pushed through?

I would guess your car has made a full reboot of the mcu and therefor lagging sub updates has been fully performed.

I spoke earlier that I hadn't seen an issue in a couple of days. Spoke too soon!
Speedo froze while driving, then PASSENGER DOOR OPENED BY ITSELF just as the speedo went dark and rebooted.

THIS IS NEW AND SCARY BEHAVIOR

I have never had any concerns for safety until today when the door opened. Sure, a speedo reboot, no biggie, MCU reboot, again, no big deal. But if doors, or frunks or trunks can open while I am driving - that is a BIG DEAL. (I don't have Autopilot hardware, but man, I'd be reluctant to trust that if I had it with this realease!! )

TESLA, FIX THIS ABOMINATION OF A RELEASE BEFORE SOMEONE GETS HURT!!!