Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I honestly think you should take it. Have them fix it and if you don’t like it, sell it. You won’t lose money based on your order date.

My tradein actually died two days before delivery so I canceled the trade (wasn't mine anyway) . I do need a 2nd car but I am not desperate enough to just accept somehting which is unacceptable just because its in high demand. I don't sell my cars.

In the end I am letting them fix it. I am just not accepting it until they do. They already have my money they can give it back or fix the car, its their choice now. I don't want to go through the hassel of selling a car I shouldn't have accepted, I don't care if I could make money on it, I would rather just walk away.

I'd reject this car/VIN if they allow you (sometimes if you've held previously or rejected previous VINs this might be your last chance before they auto-cancel). I don't think these can be fixed easily... maybe tweaked a little so the door closes properly but the rest they won't resolve.

Sadly a MYLR might not be better.

This is also the worst time to buy an EV... there are waitlists and markups on every single one of them.
I have never held my order or had another vin. After 6 months of waiting for a LR I switched to a MYP to get it sooner since my EDD was looking like another 3-4 months.

Reactions: voxel
Thank you thank you THANK YOU - I wanted the tow hitch but the price went up the day after I ordered it, now I have it installed at the factory vs installed at the dealer and its cheaper that way!!!!

I also spoke to the SA and he said over 50% of the model Y orders are calling to have the hitch put on. Hopefully being red and now a hitch it will kick me into late summer delivery

@voxel
I was thinking last night that maybe their plan is to start charging for their factory upgrades instead of just adding them to the new roll out. Thats why you can now modify your order and keep your original pricing.
Like if they decide to use air suspension - go to your account and pay for it no longer free upgrade
want the new battery pack - go to your account and pay for it no longer free upgrade
want the latest double pane windows - go to your account and pay for it no longer free upgrade
Which of course I think is fair enough since we were willing to order the car for X price with Y options so you get what you paid for.

Last edited:
Reactions: voxel and pcmike
Lexus ls430 with 268k miles in the back for the trade in.

Everything went smoothly. Rear passenger door is off but should be easy fix. No complaints. Enjoying every minute. Feels much safer than my 20 year old Lexus.

F415
OD - 2/20/22

Called every other day and when I was bored since February. Very lucky to get same build.

EA412BD9-006B-4054-9702-CD190C6BBC0B.jpeg

Lexus ls430 with 268k miles in the back for the trade in.

Everything went smoothly. Rear passenger door is off but should be easy fix. No complaints. Enjoying every minute. Feels much safer than my 20 year old Lexus.

F415
OD - 2/20/22

Called every other day and when I was bored since February. Very lucky to get same build.

View attachment 797477
Did it come with the mobile charger?

So I went to pick up my car today at Meritt Island .

Three of the 4 doors have alignment issues, some pretty bad. Car was filthy . Never saw someone delive a car not at least given a wash.

I never got inside the car , to do that you have to accept delivery.

I have already paid for the car but I did not accept delivery. This is an hour away from me so I told them fix the doors and I will come back.
They said if I don't accept in my 3 day delivery window ( which was origionally mon-wed) then I will loose the car and that it will not be fixed in 3 days.

No way I am taking this car then driving back and leaving it for a week so they can fix it . They can fix it first and then I'll take delivery or they can cancel the order honestly I don't really care if I get the car or not anymore. No one there really gave a crap if I took it or not either.

View attachment 797041

This is the driver side door , its off with the front fender by almost 3/4 inch
View attachment 797042

This is the read driver door, you can actually see inside of it

View attachment 797043

This is the rear passenger door, both top and bottom missalligned.
If you look on the window sill you will see all of this sand. the car is covered in sand, not detailing whatsoever

View attachment 797044

that white is some kind of white dust .
View attachment 797045
Excuse my French but what a shitshow...

It looks like they decided to release the VIN rather then repair the 3 doors.... That or they are just going to bring back the same vin in a couple days unfixed . Haven't even heard a word from the SA since the weekend. At this point I'd rather get my money back and order cancelled rather then deal with this SC on any other issues in the future.

It looks like they decided to release the VIN rather then repair the 3 doors.... That or they are just going to bring back the same vin in a couple days unfixed . Haven't even heard a word from the SA since the weekend. At this point I'd rather get my money back and order cancelled rather then deal with this SC on any other issues in the future.
did you reject the car?

did you reject the car?

I paid for it but I didn't accept delivery. They were suppose to see if they could make the adjustments to the doors and get back to me before releasing the VIN but they just decided to release it . I would have passed on it anyway if they couldn't/wouldn't fix it .

I thought having a SC pretty close (41 miles)s would offer some comfort if I had any issues (many people are hundreds of miles away) but if these guys can't adjust a door I don't have much hope that whatever comes next will be any better.

I paid for it but I didn't accept delivery. They were suppose to see if they could make the adjustments to the doors and get back to me before releasing the VIN but they just decided to release it . I would have passed on it anyway if they couldn't/wouldn't fix it .

I thought having a SC pretty close (41 miles)s would offer some comfort if I had any issues (many people are hundreds of miles away) but if these guys can't adjust a door I don't have much hope that whatever comes next will be any better.
Picked up mine in tampa yesterday. Accepted it and scheduled to get minor Panel gap on the trunk fixed. Sorry to hear about your experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: Horty4 and voxel
Must accept the car to get into it, any defects that you’re concerned with just make a service appointment in the app and they’ll be taken care of.
That seems like SOP for most teslas pickup locations. I never made it into mine, if the external car was acceptible I was ok with schedualing any interior issues for later repair. I have seen several people on this forum take note of external gaps or misalignments and were later told that they were within spec so just make sure you are ok with how the car looks or get it in writing from the pickup location ( text) that they will take care of the issues you brought to their attention because there is no place in the tesla app that lets you document issues with the car , once you click accept delivery for them to let you in the car you have basically accepted the car as is. Any cosmetic issues being resolved from that point are at the disgression of tesla and what they consider in or out of spec.

Reactions: pcmike and Horty4
That seems like SOP for most teslas pickup locations. I never made it into mine, if the external car was acceptible I was ok with schedualing any interior issues for later repair. I have seen several people on this forum take note of external gaps or misalignments and were later told that they were within spec so just make sure you are ok with how the car looks or get it in writing from the pickup location ( text) that they will take care of the issues you brought to their attention because there is no place in the tesla app that lets you document issues with the car , once you click accept delivery for them to let you in the car you have basically accepted the car as is. Any cosmetic issues being resolved from that point are at the disgression of tesla and what they consider in or out of spec.
@CRIMSON_DATE - was your car a CA build? I read they had all the crap you went through fixed coming out of CA - If it was I guess the internet lied again