Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@CRIMSON_DATE - was your car a CA build? I read they had all the crap you went through fixed coming out of CA - If it was I guess the internet lied again

There are only CA cars and the internet never lies... :)

Thinking back through this whole process there is some things that pop up in hindsite. Some people started getting their vins in this forum at the end of March and I asked someone what their VIN range was and they stated 416k . I received my vin about a week after them and my VIN was 413K (assigned on April 8th). I felt that it was odd that I would be assigned a VIN 3K less a week later when we normally get these assigned when they are being made.

The car paperwork did only have 15 miles on it which seems to be about typical but I can't help but wonder now if this VIN was rejected by someone for the same problems (maybe end of quarter in CA) and then sent to me . I asked the SA if I was the only one this VIN was assigned to and they said yes but I don't know how much I can trust them now.

Thinking back through this whole process there is some things that pop up in hindsite. Some people started getting their vins in this forum at the end of March and I asked someone what their VIN range was and they stated 416k . I received my vin about a week after them and my VIN was 413K (assigned on April 8th). I felt that it was odd that I would be assigned a VIN 3K less a week later when we normally get these assigned when they are being made.

The car paperwork did only have 15 miles on it which seems to be about typical but I can't help but wonder now if this VIN was rejected by someone for the same problems (maybe end of quarter in CA) and then sent to me . I asked the SA if I was the only one this VIN was assigned to and they said yes but I don't know how much I can trust them now.
The paperwork with every new Tesla always states 15mi, I believe. At least both of ours did, despite having nowhere close to 15mi on them.

Reactions: voxel

i dont trust them - I would think that you got a rejected car and they keep passing it down the line until someone takes it.

i dont trust them - I would think that you got a rejected car and they keep passing it down the line until someone takes it.
I got a new EDD range today. It is really facinating that they choose to pass these cars around rather then just fix them . I had no problem taking delivery of that car, they just had to fix the problems but as long as people are willing to accept these defects they just keep doing this. Hopefully it doesn't bounce back to anyone here

Reactions: qwert
I got a new EDD range today. It is really facinating that they choose to pass these cars around rather then just fix them . I had no problem taking delivery of that car, they just had to fix the problems but as long as people are willing to accept these defects they just keep doing this. Hopefully it doesn't bounce back to anyone here
i think it will stay in FL - some people just want / need a car and will take it

lol... if my POS trade-in didn't die 2 days before delivery I may have taken the Y just to get rid of it . As it is I need to drop a starter in it this weekend. So I really needed a car but I have some family I can lean on for a while.
lol - yes my model 3 was perfect when I got it, I hope the Y will be as well - i also wouldnt have taken that car the way it was. I thought you were reasonable - fix it first and ill take it.

My fear of a Autin car was that it would come looking like that and the CA car would be perfect - WRONG WRONG WRONG I guess

Reactions: voxel
Has anyone's new MY (recent delivery to FL) come in with either mud flaps or ppf on lower rear doors? I understand that this has been done at the factory for MYs going to northern states for some time, but just wondering if any coming to FL are now showing up with these installed at the factory.

Has anyone's new MY (recent delivery to FL) come in with either mud flaps or ppf on lower rear doors? I understand that this has been done at the factory for MYs going to northern states for some time, but just wondering if any coming to FL are now showing up with these installed at the factory.
No, I even looked specifically for them when I went to look at the MYP I refused since I already had a set since september. They generally only add them where you get alot of snow and have salt/gravel in the road. Tesla's paint is soft and takes damage from these and they likely were getting calls about chips within days of picking up cars.