Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dang... maybe I should just sell you my demo MYLR (it's awesome - you might have to tear it from my dead body) and unhold my MYLR or buy the M3SR+ I was supposed to pick up this Friday. lol

If you need something quick... there is a Discord server.

But the last one to pop up in FL was 4 days ago and before that (a week ago)... mine :)
Ill have to check it out!

Update for folks picking up and have to setup service appointment for delivery issues. We had our delivery service today and it was a mess honestly.
For paint issues we logged, Tesla sent us to Joe Hudson body shop weeks ago. They would have to pull down the whole front bumper to fix a paint nick at the edge of the bumper and do the same for the rear bumper. We opted to skip those services as it was too much hassle and extra trouble for the issues.
Now to Tesla for the rest of the service ticket.

I opened the ticket with 3 issues - the paint and 2 issues we found at delivery. I asked how to log more issues and the service person said to add them to the ticket.
As of last night, we had about 7 items logged, headlight not flush, flickering DRL and extra issues we found later.
We get there today and they have no record of the things entered after the initial entry. The app goes into service mode once you pull into Tesla so now I can’t see the ticket details. The service person said she can’t address the extra things we logged because it’s not showing even though the pictures we attached are showing.
Thankfully we had a nice service person assigned who walked to the car with us and we were able to show him the issues and even test drive to show the whistling sound when driving.
Of course they tell us they didn’t setup a loaner car for but we get Uber credits. No way that will work. We have to drop kids at school and daycare and it would be impossible calling Uber at every stop so we had to wait for them to find an enterprise car. I asked in the notes if there would be a loaner car and the response was yes but they set that up for the paint work at the body shop not at Tesla.
The person that checked us in said next time to add the new issues as a message in the service rather than new items.
The charger is going to be lonely tonight and it sucked driving a Nissan Versa home.

Update for folks picking up and have to setup service appointment for delivery issues. We had our delivery service today and it was a mess honestly.
For paint issues we logged, Tesla sent us to Joe Hudson body shop weeks ago. They would have to pull down the whole front bumper to fix a paint nick at the edge of the bumper and do the same for the rear bumper. We opted to skip those services as it was too much hassle and extra trouble for the issues.
Now to Tesla for the rest of the service ticket.

I opened the ticket with 3 issues - the paint and 2 issues we found at delivery. I asked how to log more issues and the service person said to add them to the ticket.
As of last night, we had about 7 items logged, headlight not flush, flickering DRL and extra issues we found later.
We get there today and they have no record of the things entered after the initial entry. The app goes into service mode once you pull into Tesla so now I can’t see the ticket details. The service person said she can’t address the extra things we logged because it’s not showing even though the pictures we attached are showing.
Thankfully we had a nice service person assigned who walked to the car with us and we were able to show him the issues and even test drive to show the whistling sound when driving.
Of course they tell us they didn’t setup a loaner car for but we get Uber credits. No way that will work. We have to drop kids at school and daycare and it would be impossible calling Uber at every stop so we had to wait for them to find an enterprise car. I asked in the notes if there would be a loaner car and the response was yes but they set that up for the paint work at the body shop not at Tesla.
The person that checked us in said next time to add the new issues as a message in the service rather than new items.
The charger is going to be lonely tonight and it sucked driving a Nissan Versa home.
Super sorry you had a mixed experience. My experience, mobile service, was fantastic. The Tesla service guy drove an MS to my house, did his job, and probably would have not taken two hours to fix a charge port door if I was not asking so many questions and just having fun talking. Mind you, it took a week to get them to come out when I requested the same day I took delivery, but it was better than the expected three weeks (they text messaged me if it was okay to come sooner). I think the mobile service is terrific for what they can do, but it does take forever now to get them, it seems. I am sorry not all your issues have got resolved, but hopefully, the car is still driving excellent after all this. I am sad that many Tesla owners have to go through service day one; I hope they can get things more on lockdown with Texas and spit out good-looking cars with minimal issues.

Got my M3 update finally
image.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: voxel
My ordered just changed back to 2021. Went from 1/14 2/15 of 2022 to 12/7 to 12/31 2021. Will probably change back to something again. West Palm location. White/white/20 OD 8/24
Mine still steady at 11/13-12/11 for about a month now (at least it feels that long, I check a few times a day), also WPB location. 8/25.

The M3SR+ I bought just got it’s first software update tonight! Same update @Samier_RN just posted! 👍🏻

Super sorry you had a mixed experience. My experience, mobile service, was fantastic. The Tesla service guy drove an MS to my house, did his job, and probably would have not taken two hours to fix a charge port door if I was not asking so many questions and just having fun talking. Mind you, it took a week to get them to come out when I requested the same day I took delivery, but it was better than the expected three weeks (they text messaged me if it was okay to come sooner). I think the mobile service is terrific for what they can do, but it does take forever now to get them, it seems. I am sorry not all your issues have got resolved, but hopefully, the car is still driving excellent after all this. I am sad that many Tesla owners have to go through service day one; I hope they can get things more on lockdown with Texas and spit out good-looking cars with minimal issues.
Thanks. The tech they assigned to us took notes of the extra stuff we reported and said he would fix them. Hopefully he remembers cause I don’t see the extra notes in the service yet.
For the wind whistling noise, he thinks it’s the seal in the roof. He’s going to to use some ultrasound tool to test and determine where the air leak is.
It was very busy at 10am. There was a line of people waiting to be checked in and the waiting room was full too, not to mention the number of cars being actively worked on.
Hopefully Tesla is planning more SCs especially with the the volume they are selling. Appointments are already 2+ months out at the Tampa SC.

Reactions: Hurricane4911
Appointments are already 2+ months out at the Tampa SC.

Sorry about your experience, and the delay.

Thinking ahead, it sounds wise to make an appt. on delivery day and add to it while waiting.
I'm a retired software developer. No software is perfect and neither is Tesla. QA always suffers when software (especially back-office software), is rushed into production. My motto to rookies:

"No software has ever been on time or in budget, and yours won't be the first."
😎

Last edited:
Here is my recent EDD experience leading up to next delivery next Wednesday. I've made no order changes no holds, and no delays.

Order: July 16...Estimated delivery: October
10/21...EDD 11/2 - 11/29
10/22...EDD 11/4 - 11/16
10/25...VIN arrives
10/26...Delivery day/time set.

Things happen fast once they start happening. Hope this provides some extra insight. This is Tampa, and it's a busy place.

I'm still of the mind that I was queued up on for a late November deliver on 10/22 and was next up for my config. A delivery fell through and was bumped on Monday.

Hope this helps provide some additional context to the coaster ride.

Reactions: voxel
Sorry about your experience, and the delay.

Thinking ahead, it sounds wise to make an appt. on delivery day and add to it while waiting.
I'm a retired software developer. No software is perfect and neither is Tesla. QA always suffers when software (especially back-office software), is rushed into production. My motto to rookies:

"No software has ever been on time or in budget, and yours won't be the first."
😎
Yes, definitely make appointment same day if you notice anything at least to lock in a date. Once you log the issues, they send you an estimate a couple days later or so. What I noticed is, once that estimate is sent, your reported issues are locked in and anything else you add is not counted. That was what happened to us, even though we were chatting with someone on the service screen and he said to add more stuff. The suggestion by the lady who checked us in to add those new concerns in the chat makes sense. She was able to read all the chat history and of course, we didn't report the new issues in the chat since we were adding them as new items but if we did, she would have been able to see that we did log new issues.

Barring any issues, I'm happy the only thing really needed for Teslas are tire rotation and air filter change. Tire rotation, I can probably use my tire shop for and I may try the air filter change. With the workload at the SC, it doesn't look like a fun place to visit, lol.

Reactions: Hurricane4911
my EDD has been sliding through time, which i accept with unhappiness, because i _could_ have ordered a lot sooner.
now, late Feb early March 2922
on the bright side, my trade in has been sliding in value, perhaps because it remains parked, maybe 30-50 miles per week, so the trade in offer is going up enough to offset the cost of the insurance
now all that may be needed is Tesla insurance in Florida

VIN today for my MY. MF305xxx
Question for those who sold to Carvana and the likes.
Did you transfer your plates or got new one with Tesla? I have a personalized plate and Carvana is offering the most right now (waiting for Tesla trade in number). But if I sell to Carvana, can I just take the tag to Tesla and have them transfer it or do I have to get new one with Tesla and then go to dmv to transfer the plate?

VIN today for my MY. MF305xxx
Question for those who sold to Carvana and the likes.
Did you transfer your plates or got new one with Tesla? I have a personalized plate and Carvana is offering the most right now (waiting for Tesla trade in number). But if I sell to Carvana, can I just take the tag to Tesla and have them transfer it or do I have to get new one with Tesla and then go to dmv to transfer the plate?
Carvana does NOT take plates. So you will get to keep it and take it with you to Tesla and they will handle all that. It’s very simple and easy. Someone should call or text and ask you about plate, if you plan to supply your own.

Carvana does NOT take plates. So you will get to keep it and take it with you to Tesla and they will handle all that. It’s very simple and easy. Someone should call or text and ask you about plate, if you plan to supply your own.
Yeah I know Carvana doesn’t take plates, just didn’t know how it goes with transferring it to Tesla. Glad to know they’ll handle it if I take it. Sweet.
If Tesla comes within a couple thousands of Carvana, I’ll trade in with Tesla for the tax discount. If not, Carvana takes it.

Looks like the tax credit is being restructured again and possibly a go again in 2022. However, it’s becoming clear that by the time the credit may be in effect the prices will have raised on all possible Teslas effectively negating the tax credit. In my case I’m already getting a $7K “discount” upon delivery of my MY based on the current selling price. It’s becoming clear that the only motivation for a Austin MY would potentially be full front and rear castings, new headlights, new interior trim, new 4680 cells, and new color options. Of these, the only I could potentially care about are the cells and potentially more range. It doesn’t seem like the cells are gonna happen any time soon, so in reality there honestly doesn’t seem to be any real reason to wait any longer than I have to… to take the first MY I can get my hands on. 😬

Looks like the tax credit is being restructured again and possibly a go again in 2022. However, it’s becoming clear that by the time the credit may be in effect the prices will have raised on all possible Teslas effectively negating the tax credit. In my case I’m already getting a $7K “discount” upon delivery of my MY based on the current selling price. It’s becoming clear that the only motivation for a Austin MY would potentially be full front and rear castings, new headlights, new interior trim, new 4680 cells, and new color options. Of these, the only I could potentially care about are the cells and potentially more range. It doesn’t seem like the cells are gonna happen any time soon, so in reality there honestly doesn’t seem to be any real reason to wait any longer than I have to… to take the first MY I can get my hands on. 😬
I've been greatly disappointed that the tax credit has taken this long. You are spot on Mike. I have $4k in my pocket due to price increases, and I wouldn't cancel.
I also would not place a "hold" for the sole purpose of a 2022. I'm totally surprised that Tesla is still permitting that with orders piled up to next summer. I think it's a matter of time before they go to the back of the line at the new price. One needs to rationally consider why would Tesla deliver to us a feature-upgraded 2022 when we ordered a 2021 at $4,000 or more less money. That's a fast-track to bankruptcy. It ain't happening.

We are still eligible for Federal tax incentives for home charger purchase and install costs. I purchased the Tesla charger and had it installed on a dedicated 50 amp circuit. Hillsborough county also clipped me for a $200 permit.

I'll save enough there to take Mrs. Hurricane on a road trip to Charlston or Hilton Head.
😎🍾

ps...PCMike, You're not taking mine. Grab Voxel's when nobodys looking.
😀

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: pcmike
I've been greatly disappointed that the tax credit has taken this long. You are spot on Mike. I have $4k in my pocket due to price increases, and I wouldn't cancel.
I also would not place a "hold" for the sole purpose of a 2022. I'm totally surprised that Tesla is still permitting that with orders piled up to next summer. I think it's a matter of time before they go to the back of the line at the new price. One needs to rationally consider why would Tesla deliver to us a feature-upgraded 2022 when we ordered a 2021 at $4,000 or more less money. That's a fast-track to bankruptcy. It ain't happening.

We are still eligible for Federal tax incentives for home charger purchase and install costs. I purchased the Tesla charger and had it installed on a dedicated 50 amp circuit. Hillsborough county also clipped me for a $200 permit.

I'll save enough there to take Mrs. Hurricane on a road trip to Charlston or Hilton Head.
😎🍾

ps...PCMike, You're not taking mine. Grab Voxel's when nobodys looking.
😀

I cant find any rebates in Broward County for any install of the charger or anything - So not worth the $500 for the charger. I will just use the nema 14/50
where do I find the "We are still eligible for Federal tax incentives for home charger purchase and install cost? " I am having the wiring done soon even though I am not scheduled until Feb-Mar for car. Price of Wires and everything going crazy