Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the demand already started. Read earlier today that MY orders are now estimated for September. Wasn’t that far back yesterday prior to the tax bill announcement. People are locking in prices now knowing they definitely won’t get the car till next year.
I saw August last week. It's just demand is crazy for the Model Y.

For a small carmaker like Tesla to be 19th is impressive.

Reactions: Samier_RN
Looks like the demand already started. Read earlier today that MY orders are now estimated for September. Wasn’t that far back yesterday prior to the tax bill announcement. People are locking in prices now knowing they definitely won’t get the car till next year.
I do not know how much I would trust that, though. My MS told me June and my EDD is telling me March 3-31 is a big difference, and I think they are trying to leverage themselves. Texas should be just about ready for some production models to be rolling out very soon. But I agree that people who were on the fence to order will shotgun order now...even though if they ordered back in August, they would have saved more, but who am I to judge, lol. Tesla cars are like TSLA, sometimes just unpredictable when it comes to the price.

I hear you on the fully loaded MYLR. Have you tried the MYP? Since the price is so close... it might be worth it. I drove my friends from work, and I think in a previous post, I said how if it weren't for the price, I would take MYP over MYLR any day. The drive is just fun. The speed, fun, the look is fantastic. It is just one sexy car, but that price is what stops me personally.
I'm a little weary of the rough ride of the MYP. The MYLR is already borderline. It's comfortable and not that comfortable. The ID.4 definitely had softer suspension and probably a little better for long-rides.

I may just put an order for the MYP, buy it, and if I hate... sell it for basically what I paid for it... lol. The used market will still be constrained in 2022. After 2022, I would not.

• Funny
Also, I am shocked you are getting a lower rate for the MY. I would hit up all the offer places and check. I know Carmax gives reasonable rates; you do NOT have to bring it even though they ask you. Just have someone call you; they will provide you with an email to send pictures and give an offer over the phone/email. I got a decent deal from them, still more than what I paid for the car.
I see Model Y Long Range cars sold on CarMax and Carvana for maybe $2K over my OTD price so I doubt they will offer enough for me to break even (considering what my ID.4 experience where they offered $4-5K less than what they sold the car for).

If there was no tax credit and/or MY prices rose another $2K then I'm sure I would profit. I'm sure when my red/white MYLR arrives (when I unhold) and I can sell the white MYLR at the new OTD price at least (probably a tad more)

I see Model Y Long Range cars sold on CarMax and Carvana for maybe $2K over my OTD price so I doubt they will offer enough for me to break even (considering what my ID.4 experience where they offered $4-5K less than what they sold the car for).

If there was no tax credit and/or MY prices rose another $2K then I'm sure I would profit. I'm sure when my red/white MYLR arrives (when I unhold) and I can sell the white MYLR at the new OTD price at least (probably a tad more)
Here is a funny thing about Carvana and places that buy. They will take a loss because they are selling financing. Their job is just to get cars in, be the only one with cars even if they take a hit but then sell financing and other options to keep afloat. It is a weird but I learned that at an investment meeting lol I always thought it was weird why these online places paid more than local shops.

Reactions: voxel
Went Over to Tampa Distribution Center Today...
to find "Vader", but alas, the SA said he was up on the 2nd floor of the garage, being prepped and we're not permitted up there. I mentioned my baby is going to the NDEW Week event in Oldsmar. He was pretty interested and provided him so info.

Ironed out a few details for Wednesday including plate transfer, and wiring of funds. Looked over some Xs and 2 S Plaids staged and ready for pickup. I cannot swear these are thre refeshed versions of the MX. The MS Plaids were and had the arachnid wheels. 👀

I checked out his personal M3. He had tintinting done by EV Studio, no PPF. I was not impressed. He put the same tint (Xpel ceramic) on both the front and rear side windows. Obviously, the same tint is mismatched because the rear windows are darker by color. It's not the product, but the choice of tints. I am going to get quotes from EVStudio and APG, but you need a lighter tint on the back windows so that once complete, the tint looks seamless when viewing the cars profile.

Cheers!
😎

• Funny
Reactions: Samier_RN and voxel
to find "Vader", but alas, the SA said he was up on the 2nd floor of the garage, being prepped and we're not permitted up there. I mentioned my baby is going to the NDEW Week event in Oldsmar. He was pretty interested and provided him so info.

Ironed out a few details for Wednesday including plate transfer, and wiring of funds. Looked over some Xs and 2 S Plaids staged and ready for pickup. I cannot swear these are thre refeshed versions of the MX. The MS Plaids were and had the arachnid wheels. 👀

I checked out his personal M3. He had tintinting done by EV Studio, no PPF. I was not impressed. He put the same tint (Xpel ceramic) on both the front and rear side windows. Obviously, the same tint is mismatched because the rear windows are darker by color. It's not the product, but the choice of tints. I am going to get quotes from EVStudio and APG, but you need a lighter tint on the back windows so that once complete, the tint looks seamless when viewing the cars profile.

Cheers!
😎
I’ve always applied same shade of tint to both front and rear of my cars. It does give the rear windows a darker shade but I like it that way. By law, the front should be lighter than the rear, there’s a number limit too but I follow only the first part of front being lighter :)
Now that we have my wife’s MY back from service, I need to call AJ for tinting.
Applied front bumper ppf today and oh my gosh, that junk was not easy. Now I know why shops charge an arm and a leg for ppf. It’s not the material, it’s the labor. Yikes.

Reactions: Hurricane4911
My EDD is still the same… 11/13-12/11. The tax bill is still not in its final form. Lots of people still complaining about it. It might actually get better for Tesla when they’re forced to compromise some more and drop the union made nonsense. This whole time I’ve been waiting for the credit (and Austin)… my original order is from 4/6/21, but I didn’t complete my profile till 8/25/21. If we actually get confirmation on the final tax credit sometime soon, I just might be forced to do the same as @Samier_RN, but I’m not convinced to do it just yet. The possibility of adding a $8-12k tax credit on top of my already $7K lower purchase price is incredibly tempting!

My EDD is still the same… 11/13-12/11. The tax bill is still not in its final form. Lots of people still complaining about it. It might actually get better for Tesla when they’re forced to compromise some more and drop the union made nonsense. This whole time I’ve been waiting for the credit (and Austin)… my original order is from 4/6/21, but I didn’t complete my profile till 8/25/21. If we actually get confirmation on the final tax credit sometime soon, I just might be forced to do the same as @Samier_RN, but I’m not convinced to do it just yet. The possibility of adding a $8-12k tax credit on top of my already $7K lower purchase price is incredibly tempting!
How is it 7k lower if you don't mind me asking?

on your account page it has your original price?
2021-10-30.png

You can see my price for the car. I have the lowest the Model Y ever got. As I said in a previous post, buying a Tesla car is like buying a stock in TSLA lol it can be unpredictable and if you know you want something, buy it and HOLD it (seriously, just like a stock). This is why I locked in the cybertruck price like @pcmike and a MS because I know those will jump up too. I just really wished I locked in the MS price sooner than the $89,990 verse the old $69,420. That will forever haunt me.

Cheers!
😎
Will you have it tinted by the time the event rolls? Also, any chance you saw any newer MS or MX in the test drive area? I sort of wanted to go test drive them. I want to experience them :p

Last edited:
Here is a funny thing about Carvana and places that buy. They will take a loss because they are selling financing. Their job is just to get cars in, be the only one with cars even if they take a hit but then sell financing and other options to keep afloat. It is a weird but I learned that at an investment meeting lol I always thought it was weird why these online places paid more than local shops.

I heard subprime dealers are buying up Teslas in auctions just to have one on the floor with a crazy high sticker price. They expect to make profit on subprime borrowers with high interest rates.

Lately I’ve seen a few $67-68K used Model Ys so I suspect with tax credit restoration and 8-10 month wait time will keep used prices a little high before I receive my red/white MYLR. If no tax credit, I’m going to push back the red/white order to next fall in hopes of getting a build with 4860 cells.

I’m seriously looking at MYP and a fully loaded MYLR (hopefully Austin build) also now but can’t decide if I should create a second Tesla account for them. If didn’t want them, I would just sell/transfer the entire account to somebody else.