Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is annoying to me personally is why Tesla ever made a design choice to fit cars with partial color blindness…
I always assumed that the older cameras had advantages, like night contrast, but that the designers neglected considering blue light traffic cameras in other countries like Japan.
Something to note as these rollouts happen is looking for ANY 2016 model year car or ANY 90D that gets the beta in the firmware trackers. As far as I know, there was no 90Ds built with AP2.5 hardware and would be a confirmed AP2.0 car. 75Ds and 100Ds could be AP2.5.
AP2.5 90Ds do exist. Although you couldn’t order them, for whatever reason Tesla had batteries to sneak into inventory cars for a while.
I thought that AP2.5 added new wiring with the e-fuse and a different radar as well.
Glad you mentioned wiring. Retrofitting the dual servo steering could be as easy as a harness splitter and the new servo but obviously you don’t get redundant wiring. Didn’t AP2.5 also have the cabin facing camera and wiring? Can’t retrofit that.
…there have been many reports of Tesla stripping software from used cars that they own…Nothing like selling 100% profit software twice!
Tesla pays for FSD on trade ins, so not 100% profit. It would be interesting to see how much of a premium they pay.
More of we might of got Elon to at least read our posts. Acting like babies won’t motivate him to respond. I think they don’t want to respond because it will cost them a ton of money to retro 1000’s of cars and they want to try and fix through software changes first. Just my speculation. I guess we will know when 10.3 rolls.
As much as I’d love to have my AP2 FSD, I have recommended to my contacts at Tesla when they ask (which is rare that they ask) that they not give in to public pressure for change or even for feedback, so as to not encourage more bad behavior.

I do recommend they give more feedback, just that they not respond to demands for more feedback.
You can ignore me also :) I just ignored you. I got no time for negative people.
Maybe the mods can create a thread called “I ignored you” like they have for snippiness and move all the public declarations of ignoring there.
I think we will know for sure in 2 days if we are getting screwed or not.
I’ll take bets against knowing by then.

Last edited:
From Support:

Mike
10:21 AM
AP 2.5 is not getting the beta due to needing 3.0 which you do have. Im still looking into it

Kevin
10:21 AM
Alot of us early adopters in the tesla forums are concerned. As we were promised our cars are capable of FSD

Kevin
10:22 AM
Been at a 100% safety score driving like a grandma for some time now

Mike
10:22 AM
Well you have FSD to the vehicle so nothing to be concerned there

Mike
10:23 AM
We have just started getting people in that have the 100% score. Not everyone has got in just as of yet with that score

Mike
10:25 AM
I do see that you have all the right hardware with the computer and cameras. Looks like its just more waiting for that email. We still havent got everyone with that 100% score so i hope we get you in soon

Kevin
10:26 AM
Can you confirm that a vehicle with AP2 @ delivery but had infotainment and FSD computer installed is eligable for this?

Kevin
10:26 AM
Or will they not get it if they didn't upgrade the cameras from RCCC to RCCB

Mike
10:27 AM
Your vehicle does have all the hardware for this so yes i can confirm
I wouldn't be surprised if Mike didn't even know what RCCC or RCCB meant

I appreciate you folks who have done chats with Tesla Support. I would try also, but past experience tells me they are just guessing. Several of their staff have told me over the years how frustrated they are by frequently being left in the dark along with the customers. Of course it sounds like the information you are getting is correct, i.e., we should be eligible. However the past two weeks of data says we aren’t eligible and it is a State Secret why we aren’t🙃

Last edited:
Reactions: technoz and Shateam
I guess someone within our VIN range who hasn’t purchased/subscribed to FSD can check their app to see if it’s available for purchase (without actually purchasing it).

If it’s available, it’s prob safe to say Tesla is still actively promoting it to our config.
As I mentioned above, I am in your VIN range and just upgraded in the past couple weeks. All through the phone app. They are happily taking the money and doing the upgrade.

The main difference I've noticed from AP2 to AP3 is that it does read the speed limit signs.

• Informative
Reactions: Dr Doom and Shateam
8886929F-1E58-4E7F-AACA-BEB960E2A93A.png
8886929F-1E58-4E7F-AACA-BEB960E2A93A.png

What in the actual... finally a response???? So that means we're hosed for tomorrow/Saturday 12:01 AM!?!?!?!

Also... let's all remember this. This is the same company that supposedly owes "dozens" of 2020 Roadsters as referral prizes. If they can dole those out for free, they can certainly get to work on the camera retrofits.

I'm astonished at the moment.

What in the actual... finally a response???? So that means we're hosed for tomorrow/Saturday 12:01 AM!?!?!?!

Also... let's all remember this. This is the same company that supposedly owes "dozens" of 2020 Roadsters as referral prizes. If they can dole those out for free, they can certainly get to work on the camera retrofits.

I'm astonished at the moment.
Yeah, not the answer I was hoping for, but at least it's something. Next thrash is do we even know if retro-kits exist? Can Service Centers even do the upgrades? I wonder how long ago they discovered we'll need camera updates. Woulda been nice to do it when I did the MCU / FSD computer upgrade. It really seems like this closed the door for all hope of AP 2.0 -> 3.0 FSD beta w/o camera upgrades.

Yeah, not the answer I was hoping for, but at least it's something. Next thrash is do we even know if retro-kits exist? Can Service Centers even do the upgrades? I wonder how long ago they discovered we'll need camera updates. Woulda been nice to do it when I did the MCU / FSD computer upgrade. It really seems like this closed the door for all hope of AP 2.0 -> 3.0 FSD beta w/o camera upgrades.
What a bunch of crap imo.

Booked mobile service soonest I could. We shall see what they come back with. The SC is like an hour away so it defaulted to mobile service. Will report back when they probably reach back to me tomorrow during business hours. You better believe I included the Elon tweet as a picture for the service request
I'm not saying you shouldn't have done this, but man. Poor service staff that have to 180 on a whim every time Elon tweets stuff like this. I at least hope they have a service plan internally already complete.

Hey hey, the chances that they can get it together in service to organize the retrofit, say, half the cars before the beta period is over is probably a whole single digit percent, rather than zero!

Reactions: MikeScarne