Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my X back, and they found the incorrect B pillar camera (month ago - invoice was correct for RCCB camera, but tech installed another part number with RCCC camera).. got the download for beta! 2022.20.18 ... AND IT IS STUCK at 50%.. crap. it won't download. Anyone have suggestions?

tech installed another part number with RCCC camera).. got the download for beta! 2022.20.18 ... AND IT IS STUCK at 50%.. crap. it won't download. Anyone have suggestions?
Fortunately compared to actually getting correct RCCB installed, you just need to wait. Tesla firmware updates check the integrity of the download at 50% before continuing to 75%.

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
Got my X back, and they found the incorrect B pillar camera (month ago - invoice was correct for RCCB camera, but tech installed another part number with RCCC camera).. got the download for beta! 2022.20.18 ... AND IT IS STUCK at 50%.. crap. it won't download. Anyone have suggestions?
It stops for everybody at 50%. Be patient, it is going through some kind of integrity check. It will complete.

I got FSDbeta.. it's about one year exactly since I started waiting... highs and lows with the cameras and the safety score and all.
Thank you all in this forum for your advice and providing useful data points.
first impression: FSDbeta is pretty amazing. I just finished getting two teenagers their driving licenses... FSDb drives like a 15 year old - I do hope with time it'll get better much like my sons

I got FSDbeta.. it's about one year exactly since I started waiting... highs and lows with the cameras and the safety score and all.
first impression: FSDbeta is pretty amazing. I just finished getting two teenagers their driving licenses... FSDb drives like a 15 year old - I do hope with time it'll get better much like my sons
In my short testing with FSDBeta, it made two small mistakes: used the Muni lane for a short period of time when not making a left turn, made a really sharp and hard unprotected left turn. But overall, I think it exceeded my expectation.

I found myself wanting to open the Tesla app to check my safety score. It has become a habit :D I do miss the ability to have a summary of how many miles I've driven each day, and how many were on autopilot.

Reactions: gaswalla
Yes I wish it was a little bit smoother I guess over time it will improve in that way but I am like you I’m excited to see what the future holds

Yes I wish it was a little bit smoother I guess over time it will improve in that way but I am like you I’m excited to see what the future holds
Smoothness has gotten noticeably better with each release, recently but yeah - I still find the following areas which could be smoothed out:
  • Roads with weird lane markings which cause the car to think the middle of the lane suddenly shifts cause jerk.
  • Driving at slower speeds, especially at intersections can cause sudden steering wheel movements due to path adjustments.
  • Curvy roads it slows down too late and often slows down too much or not enough and then overcorrects.
  • Slowing down for traffic lights and stopped vehicles still tends to happen too late - it needs to look a bit farther down the road and slowly ease off the accelerator and then ease into regen. Ideally it would not need to use friction brakes at all under nearly all circumstances.
  • Turn signal needs to be turned on sooner for turns.

Got my camera retrofit done today on my MX May 2017 built however after checking the spreadsheet here for correct parts I just noticed that they installed front triple camera with part number (1089531-00-C) which is wrong as per spreadsheet on TMC. Can anyone please confirm if this part is actually not going to work as I’m still waiting for beta software.

Attachments

• 27E4F7E3-ACBB-40DD-ADD7-1E7CE8C59332.jpeg
    27E4F7E3-ACBB-40DD-ADD7-1E7CE8C59332.jpeg
    257.2 KB · Views: 72
I got FSDb software immediately (drive home) after getting the correct cameras. (Software- advanced updates). If you are still waiting after receiving cameras, the cameras are incorrect
So just came back from service center and they are saying that camera is correct and is infact RCCB camera and the tech who installed it had it all pulled on his computer that the cameras he put in are all correct. I know from everyones experience here that it is not gonna work but question is how long should I wait to contact them again. FML

So just came back from service center and they are saying that camera is correct and is infact RCCB camera and the tech who installed it had it all pulled on his computer that the cameras he put in are all correct. I know from everyones experience here that it is not gonna work but question is how long should I wait to contact them again. FML
Isn't there a color test you can do to confirm you have the correct cameras? I think it's a printout with various color blocks, and you have the dash cam record you standing at various spots so all the cameras pick up the color blocks.

I was on 2022.20.9, cameras installed, and received 2022.20.18.
There is a camera color test in this long thread, it is better however to just have a service advisor pull up your cars camera configuration. It’s under the config tab on the far right of their vehicle page. They usually have no clue, but you are looking for RCCB under autopilot camera

• Helpful
Reactions: Dave EV
Did they actually query your cars current configurations? Or did they go off of the invoice and parts that they think are installed. You can also call the Tesla service line and ask them to check your configuration.