Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For (moderator edit) sake, this is for:

FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting​

How hard is it to grasp?

There are not many of us, but still a few and we visit this thread for pertaining information on how to get the (moderator edit) FSD
Yeah come here for updates get bombarded with people who have it! Like DUDE WAY TO RUB IT IN!!

Actually with my '17 MS I have FSDb, free super-charging as long as I own it, premium cellular service for life, and no interior camera. Not sure if this quite qualifies as a "unicorn car" just yet but I actually prefer this configuration over what is rolling off the floor today.

Of course, it's not really "free" - I paid for all of that in spades, back when we "saved Tesla" and since Elon has pretty much abandoned us. But still, I'm thinking 1) I'll keep this untl the wheels fall off, and 2) if I do need to sell, someone would pay a premium for such a config. Maybe not, but I'd like to think so. I'm also glad to have the 100 kWh battery to help cover degradation. :D
Nope have a unicorn trying to sell for 55k people won’t pay.

Just wondering if any owners in Canada had their camera upgrade yet. I have made an appointment but service centre keeps rescheduling it as they are waiting for the parts. Gets a bit frustrating as we paid for FSD so long ago, seeing people getting update after update and watching all these YouTube videos.

Reactions: hitparader
Nope have a unicorn trying to sell for 55k people won’t pay.
99685738-037B-4F9A-80D4-FBE79EC38DC3.jpg

Actually with my '17 MS I have FSDb, free super-charging as long as I own it, premium cellular service for life, and no interior camera. Not sure if this quite qualifies as a "unicorn car"…
I have the same. There were maybe 15,000 Model S cars delivered with hardware to run FSD that had transferable free supercharging. Probably more than ten times that many had non transferable free supercharging. None of those cars had the interior camera.

Whether the car had MCU2 or FSD doesn’t make a car a unicorn to me since both are an easy upgrade.

…is my go to unicorn page and this is its anthesis…

Waiting to hear if HW4 cameras are retrofittable
Isn’t that the question.

Interesting that HW3 has an input for the interior camera. It would be a shame if the lack of a HW4 configuration without interior camera kept our cars from an easy HW4 DIY retrofit. I bet some folks would retrofit that camera and wiring.

Just wondering if any owners in Canada had their camera upgrade yet. I have made an appointment but service centre keeps rescheduling it as they are waiting for the parts. Gets a bit frustrating as we paid for FSD so long ago, seeing people getting update after update and watching all these YouTube videos.
In Vancouver dec 2016 X . Still waiting for even a camera invite !!!! 100 SS 4K miles

Reactions: Dutchie
I know it's frustrating, but try to look at it another way: FSD Beta is not something you paid for. It's a limited, invite only program to test pre-release software (which has lots of bugs). At some point, Tesla will open the Beta up to all who subscribe/purchase FSD and want to become a tester. For now, as it's invitation only and limited, many people who want in are not getting in.

Please be patient - you will eventually get into the Beta if you really want to, and Tesla opens it up.

I know it's frustrating, but try to look at it another way: FSD Beta is not something you paid for. It's a limited, invite only program to test pre-release software
try to look at it another way: (moderator edit)
I'm getting super frustrated waiting. 2022.10.9 paid, 95 score and hundreds of autopilot miles
If 2022.10.9 was not a typo, then you might have something else going on. 2022.10 was from the beginning of this year and you should've gotten many updates since then, let alone FSD. I'd contact support.

Last edited by a moderator:
try to look at it another way: (moderator edit)

If 2022.10.9 was not a typo, then you might have something else going on. 2022.10 was from the beginning of this year and you should've gotten many updates since then, let alone FSD. I'd contact support.
He's frustrated, and others are as well. I totally get it, and I don't think they need to stay quiet about it.

Last edited by a moderator: