Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yes, but the legacy radar may not be up to the task for what the new radar is intended to do. It still might need to be replaced.
1670780718764.png

I knew someone was gonna say that...

• Love
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Upgrading the cameras has been a complete disaster... now imagine replacing the radar units in every car made since late 2016.
It's just not going to happen... @Elonmusk will say this is only required for RoboTaxi and none of the existing FSD subscriptions can get RoboTaxi features or something like that...I am not counting anything from Tesla at this point.. It has become a legacy automaker in my books.

Maybe you're looking at a different sheet? The first entries for "CORRECT PARTS:" are 1069104-SL-D (column B) and 1069104-SR-D (col C), and those match up with your B-pillar cameras. Your triple cam 1120520-00-B (col H) and repeaters 1495866-22-C (col I) and 1495867-22-C (col J) are looking good too.
Ah that was the problem thanks. I assume I wait for the next update to have the RCCB config stick rather than ask the tech to apply it?

Maybe the real reason they keep jacking up the price of FSD isn't because of the features it's promising, but instead due to the rising cost of the inevitable retrofits they will have to do to make the software actually work.

Slapping new cameras, radar, and MCU's into older cars won't be cheap, but charging each new user $15,000 should cover not only the cost to update hardware in their car, but also cover several older cars as well.

Ah that was the problem thanks. I assume I wait for the next update to have the RCCB config stick rather than ask the tech to apply it?
I don't undertstand your sentence. What does "RCCB config stick" mean? Stick?

Wait so you had Tesla install the cameras? When they did mine in my garage they all showed RCCB on the 'garage' laptop tool.

AFAIK you can reinstall the latest OTA that you had installed.

Title: Do A Software Reinstall Yourself Without Tesla’s Help For Your Tesla Model 3/Y​

I assume I wait for the next update to have the RCCB config stick rather than ask the tech to apply it?
It seems like the vehicle software and camera check/message via safety score app is sufficient, and potentially the tech doesn't even need to change any software configuration as others seem to have success in replacing their own cameras.

What version is on the car and do you see the Safety Score view in the app?

It looks like today, many with MCU1 are getting 2022.8.10.8 expanding from maybe a 10% rollout to 50% rollout so far. This version adds the FSD Beta request button that allows the camera message to show up (in the case when cameras are not compatible as an error message). Others with MCU2+ are probably on 2022.36.6 and more recently 2022.40.4.2, and these versions have had the FSD Beta request button for a while.

In any case, the next FSD Beta version to add people seems to be pointing towards 2022.40.4.10 aka FSD Beta 10.69.3.3, which was first spotted last night, so hopefully those with recent camera retrofits as well as those with MCU1 will be newly added with no Safety Score or Autosteer miles requirements.

Maybe the real reason they keep jacking up the price of FSD isn't because of the features it's promising, but instead due to the rising cost of the inevitable retrofits they will have to do to make the software actually work.

Slapping new cameras, radar, and MCU's into older cars won't be cheap, but charging each new user $15,000 should cover not only the cost to update hardware in their car, but also cover several older cars as well.
Yeah this has been my thought for a while, their liability on upgrades is going to be huge.
There is a term for when new purchasers pay for previous purchasers...

Yeah this has been my thought for a while, their liability on upgrades is going to be huge.
There is a term for when new purchasers pay for previous purchasers...

I think folks might be overestimating the cost of upgrades IF they're only replacing cameras and computers and radar in existing locations..... you can get 5mp automotive camera sensors for like 10 bucks... the FSD computer was estimated at like 400-500 bucks 3 years ago and moores law says a new one will be comparable or cheaper.

Doubly so if they left the radar harness in place in cars built without radar, but I don't know if that's true.

Even the cheapest FSD was ever sold for, $2000, should be more than enough to cover the hardware AND labor cost of swapping all those.... let alone the majority of buyers who paid between 6-15k for FSD.

I think folks might be overestimating the cost of upgrades IF they're only replacing cameras and computers and radar in existing locations..... you can get 5mp automotive camera sensors for like 10 bucks... the FSD computer was estimated at like 400-500 bucks 3 years ago and moores law says a new one will be comparable or cheaper.

Doubly so if they left the radar harness in place in cars built without radar, but I don't know if that's true.

Even the cheapest FSD was ever sold for, $2000, should be more than enough to cover the hardware AND labor cost of swapping all those.... let alone the majority of buyers who paid between 6-15k for FSD.
I suppose it depends on how long the cars last. If Tesla has to replace components until FSD level 4 is achieved then they may need to replace things several times. Then consider if additional cameras are required, maybe in the headlights or on the front bumper. Cost of retrofitting something that doesn't already exist will be high. Then consider they don't have adequate service centers and it all becomes pretty bleak.

I suppose it depends on how long the cars last. If Tesla has to replace components until FSD level 4 is achieved then they may need to replace things several times. Then consider if additional cameras are required, maybe in the headlights or on the front bumper. Cost of retrofitting something that doesn't already exist will be high. Then consider they don't have adequate service centers and it all becomes pretty bleak.
Very well could be. I assume the "not the CEO" of one of the largest auto makers of the world, run by one of the richest men of the world, would have had the same thought when he sold it.

Heck, I'm still selling this bridge in Brooklyn for only $15k to multiple people. Of course, that's only an aspirational statement, but send me your money anyway.

Very well could be. I assume the "not the CEO" of one of the largest auto makers of the world, run by one of the richest men of the world, would have had the same thought when he sold it.

Heck, I'm still selling this bridge in Brooklyn for only $15k to multiple people. Of course, that's only an aspirational statement, but send me your money anyway.
Just think about Cabin cameras, some don't have it... Will it be approved beyond the context of Beta, I have no idea.

Reactions: dbldwn02