Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in the, "Wait for camera upgrade availability camp." :rolleyes:

2017 Model S, HW3, MCU2 Upgrade..
I'm surprised some are not invited yet. My 2017 X, FSD/HW3 and upgraded to MCU2 was invited late Oct.

Is this option available in your app?
To arrange your complimentary camera replacements, schedule a new appointment from the Service menu in your Tesla App.
Select Schedule Service > Upgrade & Accessories > Autopilot > Camera Upgrade.

I'm surprised some are not invited yet. My 2017 X, FSD/HW3 and upgraded to MCU2 was invited late Oct.

Is this option available in your app?

Nope, I tried scheduling via Other Upgrades a few weeks back and they cancelled the appt saying I had to wait until I received an email that the cameras were available.

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
Even weirder, people are getting invited that don’t even have FSD (like me).
Almost like Tesla has completely botched this whole camera upgrade process. I'd like to see how many wrong cameras were installed, how many still need new cameras, the logic of who received invites, etc. I personally had to beg my SC to correct the part numbers before my appointment, which they reluctantly did after checking with the "parts department".

Picking up tomorrow...Fingers crossed that this works....added to the spreadsheet.

Just in time for HD cameras to start rolling out! 🤣

1671599526602.png

1671599555516.png

1671599575898.png

Attachments

• 1671599542887.png
    1671599542887.png
    57.1 KB · Views: 60
Just making sure, your cameras were installed and your vehicle is still on 2022.8.10.8? Did you press the FSD Beta request button from the vehicle and Safety Score view in the app was showed a "Camera(s) need replacement" message? If so, is the message gone already?
I have the cameras, requested FSD, and have a 91 safety score due to two false FCWs. I probably don't have 100 miles on autosteer yet.

I don't expect to get a FSD software push for a longgggg time. It took them over a year to put a useless button on the screen and to get cameras installed.

2017MS AP3/MCU1

I have the cameras, requested FSD, and have a 91 safety score due to two false FCWs. I probably don't have 100 miles on autosteer yet.

I don't expect to get a FSD software push for a longgggg time. It took them over a year to put a useless button on the screen and to get cameras installed.

2017MS AP3/MCU1
Don't hold your breath. I have the exact same configuration as you. I pushed the button on December 7th. I have a SS of 94 with 1100 miles driven with 967 on autopilot.

• Helpful
Reactions: ElectricIAC
I'm on 2022.40.4.2 and just got a software update notice to 2022.44.25.5 which looks like an FSD release, but the release notes I see on the app don't include any text describing FSD capabillities.
You should put the X's year in your signature since sometime features are limited by hardware (legacy, pre-raven, raven)

Are you eligible for FSDbeta? Request turned on, etc.

It showed FSD info for me when I got in after the update and it displayed the

CtVtqZs.jpg

You should put the X's year in your signature since sometime features are limited by hardware (legacy, pre-raven, raven)

Done.

Are you eligible for FSDbeta? Request turned on, etc.

Yes, all was in place. When the release notes appeared in the car after the update installed, the FSD paragraphs were visible. But, in the app, before the install, it didn't have the FSD content. This might be due to filtering based on car features and pre-install my car didn't have the feature installed yet so the paragraphs were hidden, but the release notes visible in the app after the install still don't have the FSD paragraphs. Either they just don't show in the app, or they are a snapshot of what was visible when the software update notice came in.

It showed FSD info for me when I got in after the update and it displayed the

You are showing the release notes in the car. My post was about the release notes in the app. Do they show in your app?