Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is a snip-it from my Tesla OEM window sticker
No one doubts, at least I don’t doubt, your window sticker. Anyone who has been around for awhile knows the price structure was $5k for EAP and $3k for FSD. It was that for the first 2+ years. I don’t think it is a full apples-to-apples comparison to the costs today because Tesla restructured the autopilot packaging. Back then, the only thing included in the base configuration of the car was dummy cruise control. You had to buy EAP to get adaptive cruise control and autosteer. I think it was extremely common for people to purchase EAP; I don’t know anyone who didn’t (although I am sure they exist). From that “norm.” FSD was another $3k.

Today, the FSD prices doesn't require you to buy both.
Well, they don’t describe it that way but EAP is still a stepping stone to FSD. EAP is $6k, then FSD is another $6k beyond that, or EAP cuts the FSD subscription cost in half. Now with the cars coming with basic autopilot for no additional cost, these prices seem high to most people when considering the delta of the features they gain. But that is kind of a different topic.

I also paid $5k+$3k and got EAP plus FSD. My sympathies are fully with what this thread is about - the earliest adopters who have not gotten any features of FSD despite paying for it long ago. But the EAP features do work superbly, so in this context, I think it is fair to refer to $3k as the cost of the FSD.

Nice chart, but not directly relevant to what I posted. If you didn't read it, the original price in mid-NOVEMBER 2016 was $3K for the FSD add-on, on top of the $5K for EAP which was required to then add FSD. Your chart starts with 2019. Here is a snip-it from my Tesla OEM window sticker:
Curious. I guess it was more tangeliy related to price of FSD over time.

I forgot I had EAP on mine too (attached) ... but mine does not say FSD even tho I have it and thought I paid for it. (FYI, I bought a service loaner as 'new' and was able to get the tax credit still since never registered)

Monroney Sticker partial.png

Curious. I guess it was more tangeliy related to price of FSD over time.

I forgot I had EAP on mine too (attached) ... but mine does not say FSD even tho I have it and thought I paid for it. (FYI, I bought a service loaner as 'new' and was able to get the tax credit still since never registered)

View attachment 1026028
Tesla did (still does?) weird things with pricing, including FSD. You first had to pay for stuff like AP, heated steering wheel, heated seats, then they gave as part of the package, then on some models took stuff away, etc. All I know is that us "earliest adopters" (and that is what this post was about) paid a total of $8K for the promise of what I expected to be FSD a few years later.

That said, they (Tesla) now have more time to actually deliver it to me - I just bought a 2024 MYLR to replace my 2016 MS and had FSD and free SuC transferred over to it. Hopefully, before that car is sold in the next 6-8 years, Elon's promise of FSD may actually be delivered to me...

Cheers.

Hi guys!
I decided to replace the cameras on my MX 2017 (MCU 2 + HW 3). But unfortunately, now it is not possible to visit a service center to install cameras for free and I have to do it myself.
I checked the table that the guys created here (thanks to them!) and none of the installed cameras in my car are suitable for Autopilot 3. Again, no luck in the lottery)
I have a number of questions:
1. Will there be any problems with the mounting pad if I install 1120520-00-B? I currently have the 1095516-00-G ASM, MX TRIPLE CAM GLARE SHIELD For vehicles built on or after Oct. installed. 18, 2016. Option codes: APH0, APH2
2. Does camera 1120520-00-B require additional adjustment after installation? On the Internet I found a phrase that it is adjustable.
3. Are Model 3 or Y SIDE REPEATERS suitable for 2017 MX?
4. In the invoice from the service center I was offered INLINE TRIPLE CAM, S/X/3 (1120520-00-C). Will I have any disadvantages if I install 1120520-00-B (I have the opportunity to get it for free)?
5. Do you have to do any additional procedures (except for changing the config) after replacing the cameras?
I would be grateful for any of your advice and recommendations
I hope it is not too late reply ...I ordered 1120520-00-C for my (Tesla Model S 2018 MCU2.5/HW3) and they installed it then I request them to remove and put back the old one 1120520-00-B as both are identical in performance and resolution , you gain nothing at all.

• Informative
Reactions: JB47394
Might just be the paranoid in me. This post by Green got me thinking -
No apparent legacy cars on v12 testing yet. Strike 1.

I'm on 2023.44.30.14. My car downloaded, but I did not install 2024.2.7 as did many different year cars. That would have put me out of potential v12 software even if it were available. That's new behavior to me. Did some on 2023.44.30.* get a 2024.* offer while on a purchased FSD license and not others? Or did everyone just not install the downloaded 2024.* before getting v12? Strike 2?

Of course this is highly skeptical but it feels a LOT like the radio-silence for months about needing new cameras. I've asked about this, as has Green, without response.

Part of me is wondering if v11 is the end of the road for vertical screen, no interior cam folks? Or who knows, like the previous "silence" perhaps they are now designing how to retrofit an interior cam for free upgrade, which we will start to see in 6 months?

Very well could be all wet on this one but either scenario would not surprise me. Or even better, v12 is near for legacy vehicles with no change.

Reactions: dbldwn02
This also worries me. I hope v11 is not the end of support for legacy owners. I have a legacy MS and was offered and did install 2024.2.7 assuming that when v12 goes wide, it will be on the 2024 branch.

On the bright side, only 3% of the fleet is on v12 while 54% are on v11 (i.e 2024.2.7)…according to Teslafi.

It will be cause of concern if v12 goes wide on the 2024 branch and we still don’t have it.

I consider "legacy" vehicles ones that still have MCU1. But you can see the version that fixes the tell-tale font size recall for all the different Tesla configurations:

1710797017285.png

So Tesla refers to them as Legacy with either MCU1 or MCU2.

Note: As far as the NHTSA documents show Tesla has still not produced a software version to fix the AP "abuse" recall for AP1/AP2 vehicles yet. (That probably applies to Tegra vehicles with a HW3 AP computer as well, since the most current version is still 2022.x.)

Correct. Basically the owners who had to get their cameras and autopilot computer upgraded.
No. Tesla refers to all vertical screen cars as legacy. There are many vertical screen model S and X’s that came with the FSD computer and many more that didn’t need the exterior cameras upgraded. Many legacy S/X’s needed no hardware updates for FSD.
I'm on 2023.44.30.14. My car downloaded, but I did not install 2024.2.7 as did many different year cars. That would have put me out of potential v12 software even if it were available.
My 2017 model X with MCU2 and originally HW2.5 was on the fast-track of the FSD Beta updates, getting them among the first (always before my 2018 model 3.) I got the 2024.2.7 update 10 days ago and recognized it kicked the MX out of the early bird line. My model 3 is still on a 2023 version, and I am anticipating FSD v12 on it any time.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
My 2017 model X with MCU2 and originally HW2.5 was on the fast-track of the FSD Beta updates, getting them among the first (always before my 2018 model 3.) I got the 2024.2.7 update 10 days ago and recognized it kicked the MX out of the early bird line.
Did you install it? I'm on a June '17 MS originally MCU1/AP2. I really hope this is not the case but the vibe just is not good.

Was just in Pitt this past weekend as my grandkids live there. Great place for FSD testing. Honestly, if we were back in the pre-GPS days it would take me a while to figure out those streets/bridges/freeways.

This also worries me. I hope v11 is not the end of support for legacy owners. I have a legacy MS and was offered and did install 2024.2.7 assuming that when v12 goes wide, it will be on the 2024 branch.

On the bright side, only 3% of the fleet is on v12 while 54% are on v11 (i.e 2024.2.7)…according to Teslafi.

It will be cause of concern if v12 goes wide on the 2024 branch and we still don’t have it.
It went wide...and legacy vehicles are getting nothing : (

It went to employees and a few dozen customers. Wouldn’t call that wide
According to teslafi, V12.3 has gone to 1,276 vehicles, or 6.5% of teslafi's monitored fleet.