Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
*checks for updates*
nope, still no update.
*continues crying in 10.12.2*
I wonder if they’ll skip 10.69.1.1 for the guys who got left on 10.12.2 and have them hop straight to 10.69.2

87DAC2F4-3257-430F-9416-A43C3DE4F213.png

No new people in the queue for either.

Have your drives generally been disengagement free with 10.69.x? It does seem that the % of drives now are increasingly disengagement free or is that just wishful thinking?
Wishful thinking IMO. Today I ran an errand specifically to test out the 69.2 build in “ideal” conditions (almost no traffic) and I still had to disengage a few times. Anything to do with 4-way stops is a constant issue around here. 10.69.x either takes too long to get through the intersection or it gets the right of way completely wrong, leading to one or more disengagements when just exiting my neighborhood. Several times it has jumped at the wrong time, including yesterday when a guy in a Model S decided to roll through a stop sign even though I started moving (no signs of stopping from the beta), or today when a truck reached the stop sign before me from behind a passing light rail.

I just watched the video in real time, then counted frames in youtube:
0 sec - head barely visible (only identifiable if you know what to look for)
0.65 sec - entire head visible
0.9 sec - shoulder visible
1.2 sec - torso visible
1.6 sec - braking starts

Even knowing what to expect, I don't see the man as a pedestrian until about 1 second in and don't recognize that he might be coming into traffic until about 1.2 sec. Assuming you seem him as soon as possible (a big assumption on a busy street like this), you would only have about half a second to recognize him identify that he's coming into traffic and react. The vast majority of drivers would have missed him completely or only started braking very late, so Yeah, I count this is a score for Tesla.

IMO the Tesla is quite far to the right and braking was the correct decision in this positioning. The car ahead is better situated away from the parked cars. If the Tesla was driving more cautiously away from the side then braking might not have been necessary. Hard to tell exactly from the camera view but that's how it looks to me. It would have been possible for the pedestrian to have been clipped by Chris' side mirror if he had moved to the outside of his car, especially because Chris' FSD Beta has to steer away from the parked car once it starts moving again. A+ for pedestrian caution, B- for positioning.

Chris.png

Last edited:
Reactions: sleepydoc
Could the PB and hesitancy be due to FSD's "knobs?" It seems like phantom breaking came back hard in 10.69 which makes me think they are adding that on purpose for the new networks.

For me overall, FSD is amazing when it acts with confidence, seems like they could just relax some tolerances. Just a theory

Again, "regulatory approval" remains a red herring.

There is none required whatsoever federally...

An L2 system (which is all FSDBeta is ever intended to be per Teslas own filing with the CA DMV) is legal in all 50 states right now with -0- regulatory approval required.

For L3+ systems in the half dozen states that have laws on the books about them at all, again there's generally no "regulatory approval" required other beyond the maker promising the system obeys all laws already on the books (or in a couple states the maker certifying they are insured)

Interesting. Still, in order to be safer than humans, it's quite possible that it needs to be more cautious than most humans. It's certainly a fine line and I'm not saying that Tesla has reached the right balance yet.

they are called "whimsical hesitations."
The car had a moment where she just couldn’t even, you guys, and she just needed a minute, okay?
you drive 150 MPH?
You don’t? I paid for the whole motor. I use the whole motor.

Actually, my top speed is 123 mph, and it feels smooth AF.
Again, "regulatory approval" remains a red herring.

There is none required whatsoever federally...

An L2 system (which is all FSDBeta is ever intended to be per Teslas own filing with the CA DMV) is legal in all 50 states right now with -0- regulatory approval required.

For L3+ systems in the half dozen states that have laws on the books about them at all, again there's generally no "regulatory approval" required other beyond the maker promising the system obeys all laws already on the books (or in a couple states the maker certifying they are insured)
Not that kind of regulatory approval, silly. They need regulatory approval to legally call it L3 without Tesla being legally liable for any damages.

I expect Tesla will eventually advertise the cars as L4-equivalent or L4-capable but due to regulatory approval of a request we made that can fundamentally never be approved, we can’t just call it L4. But it totally is L4… *winkwink* just don’t quote me on that in a courtroom.

Is it time to check?! Do your software refresh routine!

Looks like another confirmation of currently 100k FSD Beta testers. Going from ~6% rollout to 100% rollout… (imminently?!)

TeslaFi is current has been stuck at / near 210 for a while now.

Likely will start ramming up later tonight into tomorrow morning / afternoon and then leveling out till full push out.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
so we are now in the timeline of "FSD Beta saved my life"? in the same video where it puts you in dangerous situations that required safety disengagements?

Tesla clout chasers smh.
What's sad is how quickly they will be pilloried when they are involved in an accident. Clearly because they were in an accident "it was their fault for not taking control, not holding the wheel, not disengaging, not hitting the brakes". Up until then they are a hero for showcasing the amazing tech. Tesla will not stand behind them and nobody else will back them either, despite comments urging them to stop disengaging because "the car could have made it".

Reactions: Bladerskb
Not that kind of regulatory approval, silly. They need regulatory approval to legally call it L3 without Tesla being legally liable for any damages.

I expect Tesla will eventually advertise the cars as L4-equivalent or L4-capable but due to regulatory approval of a request we made that can fundamentally never be approved, we can’t just call it L4. But it totally is L4… *winkwink* just don’t quote me on that in a courtroom.
That kind of regulatory approval will never happen (I'm pretty sure it would also require changes to product liability laws).
I also don't think *winkwink* L4 will ever happen. Every DMV will shut that down real quick.

12:54: Hazard lights clearly visible (actually just a turn signal but persistent turn signals without turned wheels or movement, which would become clear over the next 19 seconds, indicates a hazard!). That would have been when a human would first flag that there might be a hazard. Plenty of time to prepare.

13:11.0: Pedestrian's head clearly visible (I suspect this is why Dirty Tesla put his hands on the wheel).

13:11.7: Last actual power application from the vehicle.

13:12.7: Vehicle visualized pedestrian.

13:13.0: Vehicle began to significantly slow. It's possible it was reacting sooner but I doubt it. There was very light regen (basically coasting) up until that point, but the light was red and there was slowing lead traffic.

Wow! Just... wow! Consider me flabbergasted. Just tell me: Do you have the ultimate vision because you have been a race driver or was it the other way around? I'm finally starting to understand why FSD and - admit it! - no human being can ever drive as perfectly as you do. You are raising superhuman to a whole new level!

I'm curious, though: Why do you rate all posts that disagree with you as "funny"? You don't come across as someone who is easily amused otherwise.

Sure:
Obvious vehicle flasher 19 seconds before (I think it was even visible before this but did not bother checking). This is the key screen capture showing how evident it was that there was a vehicle signaling ahead, and while it is possible in this shot Dirty Tesla did not see it because of his angle, a bit later on, several seconds before the incident, he DEFINITELY could (you can confirm that). And clearly the car could see it at this point with its camera position. It definitely could have counted some of those photons at 12:54! And we have anphoton counter in the car as has been pointed out.
View attachment 851574
Pedestrian's head visible at 13:11 (however he takes hands off wheel after this, so it is hard to say if he had seen him yet - I think he easily could have though):
View attachment 851578
Last power application 8 frames before 13:12, or 13:11.7
View attachment 851577
Pedestrian visualized at 13:12.7
View attachment 851576
Braking begins at 13:13
View attachment 851575
I just watched again. It wasn't the tail lights flashing because he unlocked the car, it was the hazards making the lights even less meaningful - the fact that you can see them a block away does nothing for you.

The man's head is technically visible at 13:11.3 but barely visible and not recognizable as a person.
His entire head isn't visible until 13:12.1.
Pedestrian shows up on Tesla's screen at 13:12.6
Regenerative breaking starts as you said at 13:13

Again, I watched it at half speed and paused it as soon as I identified the pedestrian as possibly coming out. That was at about 13:12.45. Tesla identified the pedestrian less than 200 ms after that and started applying brakes about 300 ms after that.

This watching the video at half speed, knowing what to expect. Yet somehow you think Tesla is doing a crappy job and you'd do better? You claim you don't like to be negative, but this is just being hypercritical. Sorry, get rid of the car because you'll never be satisfied.

It wasn't the tail lights flashing because he unlocked the car, it was the hazards
That's what I've said for the last few messages.
Yet somehow you think Tesla is doing a crappy job and you'd do better?
I do think I am a better driver than Tesla FSD, but right now it has a huge lead on me; so many miles driven and no accidents (though it has driven off the road once to our knowledge, but I actually have done that once many years ago (to a much lesser degree fortunately) as well). It's infuriating.

I don't think Tesla is doing a crappy job, they just have a very very difficult problem to solve. We're seeing them gradually add pieces of the solution but we have no idea if/when it will ever be "solved."

This watching the video at half speed, knowing what to expect.
Specifically for this situation:
One thing I am saying is that Dirty Tesla, who was there, said it was late in responding (in real time). I assume he said that because he felt that was the case, in real time. And I suspect (though I don't know) that he said that because he saw the pedestrian substantially earlier than the car. You'd have to ask him why he said he felt it was late, and how he knew the pedestrian was present.

The man's head is technically visible at 13:11.3 but barely visible and not recognizable as a person.
Interestingly, there is another pedestrian visualized in the vicinity who doesn't appear to be visible (obscured by cars) but perhaps was once more visible to the system.

Sorry, get rid of the car because you'll never be satisfied.
I love my car and I am very satisfied with it, and getting rid of it would be unwise for a number of reasons. FSD is just fun, I don't really need it.

You don't come across as someone who is easily amused otherwise.
In all cases, I genuinely think they're funny. They make me smile.
Do you have the ultimate vision because you have been a race driver or was it the other way around?
I'm not a "race driver."

I don't have the ultimate vision.

I'm just pointing out the timing in this situation, what was visible, and when. There's often a lot of misinformation put forward about videos, so it's good to go through them and see how things actually transpired. Also, pointing out that Dirty Tesla said the car was late in responding.

This is my last post on this topic. I'm not sure why it was controversial.

IMO the Tesla is quite far to the right and braking was the correct decision in this positioning.
Most definitely agree; it was important for the car to slow down given the proximity.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Electroman and GSP
Reactions: FSDtester#1