Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another candidate for a hard ULT. I did this in early evening rush hour yesterday, before it got so busy traffic that ground road a halt. It was difficult. Speed limit 45, 50-55mph common.

Nice complication is people often turn right out of LandRover dealer immediately to left (not visible in street view). Have to keep track! And of course right-turning traffic from Padgett can block view, which was annoying for me since there was a minivan who just would not go even when clear, so kept blocking my view to right. Made it much more stressful.

Median is tighter than Chuck’s. I just didn’t feel comfortable stopping there. I did not try FSD. It’s illegal to turn into the yellow area (double yellow), though people do it. Just waited and then went for it when 4-5 lanes were clear. I went on about a four-second gap I think.

A couple of people lined up behind me to make their attempt.

Looking forward to FSD doing this fast and assertively so it can take the stress out of it. It really could be better, if it were extremely good at it!

I was running an errand this morning and took a brief detour to try this turn with FSD Beta. I saved its bacon 🥓 . 😂

You’ll note (for the record) that I got to 40mph (while turning!!!) in about 7 seconds. We’ll need this from FSD soon. Just a nice assertive, gentle, low drama style. Got it to about 20 mph while still crossing the near side! I was just getting up to speed in a normal fashion; no hard acceleration.

Note the nice large flat sign (for the Jaguar/LandRover dealer) which obscures vision entirely, from where FSD first stopped. I don’t think the car could see anything.

Not sure if it was going to stop the second time or not. Of course, this would be solved by quickly but gently creeping to the creep limit. The limit seemed aggressively placed to me, but a slow progression would have been allowed.

I don’t know whether it was lurching to the creep limit, or was going to proceed to the “median.” To me it seemed like it was going for a 5-second gap, to wait in the median (traffic on the other side was about five seconds away too, so it never would have made that).

There’s definitely some work Tesla can do with the “body language” of the car. It just doesn’t behave in a way that makes it easy to monitor, especially in high risk scenarios like this. It should be easy to tell if it is going or creeping, just from the acceleration profile.

Last edited:
I was running an errand this morning and took a brief detour to try this turn with FSD Beta. I saved its bacon 🥓 . 😂

You’ll note (for the record) that I got to 40mph (while turning!!!) in about 7 seconds. We’ll need this from FSD soon. Just a nice assertive, gentle, low drama style. Got it to about 20 mph while still crossing the near side! I was just getting up to speed in a normal fashion; no hard acceleration.

Note the nice large flat sign (for the Jaguar/LandRover dealer) which obscures vision entirely, from where FSD first stopped. I don’t think the car could see anything.

Not sure if it was going to stop the second time or not. Of course, this would be solved by quickly but gently creeping to the creep limit. The limit seemed aggressively placed to me, but a slow progression would have been allowed.

I don’t know whether it was lurching to the creep limit, or was going to proceed to the “median.” To me it seemed like it was going for a 5-second gap, to wait in the median (traffic on the other side was about five seconds away too, so it never would have made that).

There’s definitely some work Tesla can do with the “body language” of the car. It just doesn’t behave in a way that makes it easy to monitor, especially in high risk scenarios like this. It should be easy to tell if it is going or creeping, just from the acceleration profile.
Perhaps it wasn't creeping because it had visibility - lots of the cars coming were highlighted in blue so the car was watching them. The creep line may be the limit of where it would creep if it needed to. When you pressed the accelerator, you told the car to proceed, not to creep up to the line, so it started the turn, where you had to disengage.

I could be wrong about the creep line, but that seems to be the behavior from your video. You could try it again, and if there is no one behind you, let it sit and see how it goes - does it eventually creep up to the line, or does it just make the turn?

Reactions: Z_Lynx
The creep line may be the limit of where it would creep if it needed to. When you pressed the accelerator, you told the car to proceed, not to creep up to the line, so it started the turn, where you had to disengage.
I believe this is incorrect. It was just sitting there. Note it says on the screen that it was creeping forward. It said this for 15 seconds with zero movement. It would not say this if it were not creeping, presumably. (If so, that’s a bug - “creeping” implies movement!)

I can assure you it could not see, because the sign was in the way for me, and it would have been even worse for the B-pillar camera.

Here is the sign in question. It is large and blocks vision very effectively until you proceed to a normal location:

942B8393-C4E0-4616-A749-703A3E950F00.jpeg

could be wrong about the creep line, but that seems to be the behavior from your video. You could try it again, and if there is no one behind you, let it sit and see how it goes - does it eventually creep up to the line, or does it just make the turn?
I’ll try again sometime, for sure, but I suspect it will not be the same every time.

Last edited:

You disengage while the car was still behind the creep wall. Maybe it would have stopped. Of course, if you tapped the accelerator...

Got to run about 100 miles today and it did well for the most part. I will say it did real well in road construction zone that was over 10 miles of weaving left and right through zones. it also did well on freshly paved road with minimal lane markers. no intervention at all within the zones. In the past I would not have made it.

One question I have was at a certain point the car would not exceed 60MPH in the construction zone. Traffic was flying at 65-70MPH. I was set for 70. The car would only do 60, no more. Anyone seen this?? once it counts 500 cones it restricts itself?? First time i ever had a speed restriction like the old AP on back roads.

Last night it was real dark, I had never noticed so many pedestrians on my screen I couldn't even see them but the camera caught them. Across the 4 lane road walking down sidewalks. I was impressed. Wonder if this was a cause of PB in the past and now there watching there movement and speed. FYI no PB event at all since I have gotten the update. I rarely did in the past, my car hasn't had the issue.

Issue coming off exit ramps, I think the car is speeding up and drifts into traffic lanes crossing the white line way to early, I have been sending these clips off to Tesla

Jumped the gum on one person at a 4 way stop they were there first and my car took off.

I do have a new hesitating issue when my car turns right near the house. The car almost slows to a stop, then turns right. I have never had this issue before. reversing direction the car hesitates after stopping for the sign making the left. It creeps out halfway in the lane, then turns left. I'd get hit if there was traffic coming. Other bad intersections have clear up and work well that didn't before. I guess this is one of my step back locations.

You disengage while the car was still behind the creep wall. Maybe it would have stopped. Of course, if you tapped the accelerator...
I tapped (very short tiny tap, completed before the wheel started moving) the accelerator at 0:45, whereupon it started moving the wheel for no apparent reason, while creeping slowly and waiting for traffic to pass, then it started “creeping” forward rapidly, after traffic had passed.

This is clear from the video (watch carefully).

I suspect it was going (which was fine for the close lanes; they were clear). But I’ll never know.

And it wasn’t clear to me what it was doing (which is my point)!

It certainly might have stopped suddenly behind the creep wall, but if not, I would be in the middle of the road, which I did not want since the median is not appealing. Hence disengaging was the only option.

Last edited:
I believe this is incorrect. It was just sitting there. Note it says on the screen that it was creeping forward. It said this for 15 seconds with zero movement. It would not say this if it were not creeping, presumably. (If so, that’s a bug - “creeping” implies movement!)

I can assure you it could not see, because the sign was in the way for me, and it would have been even worse for the B-pillar camera.

I’ll try again sometime, for sure, but I suspect it will not be the same every time.
Could I make a suggestion? If you are going to test that ULT again, first try it during period of very low traffic volume. This will give you a better idea of the car's creep behavior at that location because you won't have to disengage. Once you feel confident about low traffic settings, then move on to something that
represents real world conditions.

So I'll say that my first drive was horrible, scary, and very dangerous.

Subsequent drives have been much better; with obvious exceptions I've oddly never had with any other version.

As I say with each beta two forward, and one back.

On to other news. Whats the next expect version, will it be single stack next time, and whats the expected eta per Musk tweets ?

Could I make a suggestion? If you are going to test that ULT again, first try it during period of very low traffic volume. This will give you a better idea of the car's creep behavior at that location because you won't have to disengage. Once you feel confident about low traffic settings, then move on to something that
represents real world conditions.
Definitely a good idea. I think with a few attempts I might be able to reproduce the stuck behavior. Always hard to know with FSD though!

It’s frustrating how in videos you can’t tell the car is in completely the wrong place. Hence Chuck’s drone! Though you can see in the visualization how far back it is. Nose is probably about 1-2 feet past the “STOP.”

I tapped (very short tiny tap, completed before the wheel started moving) the accelerator at 0:45, whereupon it started moving the wheel for no apparent reason, while creeping slowly and waiting for traffic to pass, then it started “creeping” forward rapidly, after traffic had passed.

This is clear from the video (watch carefully).

I suspect it was going (which was fine for the close lanes; they were clear). But I’ll never know.

And it wasn’t clear to me what it was doing (which is my point)!

It certainly might have stopped suddenly behind the creep wall, but if not, I would be in the middle of the road, which I did not want since the median is not appealing. Hence disengaging was the only option.
It looks like the car was going for the median. There's a blue landing zone shown. An, although I cannot see traffic from the left, I didn't see anything come by for a while after you disengaged. It looked like the car could have gone.

This might not be the "best" place to post this but...

A lot of people are youtube posting their drives and I think I've got some unique routes to share.

For a first time initial postings would something like a GoPro mounted to the inside glass roof be prefered, or maybe a 360 camera (only posting 180) on the roof be prefered.

I mean I could use the iPhone 14 I suppose; but I would think the $500 investment on a GoPro (or 360 cam) would be a better choice?

Any input ?!?!?

although I cannot see traffic from the left, I didn't see anything come by for a while after you disengaged. It looked like the car could have gone.
I disengaged at 52.5 seconds and a car passed in the middle lane on the far side at 57 seconds. It was not going to go for that (meaning go all the way to the far side). We know that from Chuck’s videos. Maybe it would have threaded in behind that car, but that seems pointless and stressful (this is why I disengaged - the traffic on the far side was too close to complete the turn).

I believe the wheel turning to the right was part of it establishing its correct turning pose in the median. We’ll never know!

But I agree it was most likely going for the median.

Last edited:
At work we always said the only constant is change. I've now decided for FSD 69.2 the only consistent thing is inconsistency.
Two turns I've taken dozens of time with great success including one 150 degree turn failed miserably today. I had to disengage and overcome the car's steering which sometimes takes a bit of force to avoid something bad happening. Scary ride. But on another drive FSD took two UPL's better than ever. Hopefully Elon's "polishing" comment will help with the bad habits that crop up.

Hopefully Elon's "polishing" comment will help with the bad habits that crop up.

Yes, hopefully will help.

There’s no way the next two releases will resolve most of these issues, though. We have a lot longer to wait for that, probably a couple years at least.

Hopefully we’ll see a few tiny improvements here and there before the end of the year.

If things were close we’d be seeing much more minor (and very occasionally major) and less frequent issues. Right now virtually every stop or turn has issues, even though it is hugely improved and does quite well on many turns.

Supply and demand. Well, demand - FSD is just a software download, so supply should be unlimited

were those 200 people still necessary? It's quite possible that the need had decreased.

They can do whatever they want with the price. It's up to consumers to decide whether they'll pay it or not.
Well California is looking to ding them and a class action lawsuit
Supply and demand. Well, demand - FSD is just a software download, so supply should be unlimited

were those 200 people still necessary? It's quite possible that the need had decreased.

They can do whatever they want with the price. It's up to consumers to decide whether they'll pay it or not.

Well California has a different take and there is a potential class action lawsuit about to appear. And since Elon has a big mouth he has Twitter and video to
back up his claims we're almost there for FSD since 2016. If he would at LEAST allow transfer of FSD to a new car but no. Some poor schlub who buys his car a year or so ago and sells it before ate LEAST level 3 is screwed. It is EASY to transfer licensed code.

So I've noticed if there's a lot of traffic it won't make it all the way to the creep line. And this is what makes ULTs really useless to me. It'll stop further back if there's a lot of traffic and just stay there, once it sees something resembling a gap, it'll start to move up to the creep line and then stop again. and THEN if it's clear, it'll go. By this time you've pissed off a million people behind you, but i suspect this is what it was doing in your video.

So I've noticed if there's a lot of traffic it won't make it all the way to the creep line. And this is what makes ULTs really useless to me. It'll stop further back if there's a lot of traffic and just stay there, once it sees something resembling a gap, it'll start to move up to the creep line and then stop again. and THEN if it's clear, it'll go. By this time you've pissed off a million people behind you, but i suspect this is what it was doing in your video.
The only thing about this theory here is that I am fairly sure it couldn’t see a thing, except for cars that were very close.

The great big sign was in the way. It’s enormous, and would have been worse for the camera than for me. Not in the way at all if you just move up though.

Maybe it was waiting for no close cars? I’ll find out at some point if I ever go back there, and take a picture.