Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BTW, while not fully functional now, not Cadillac SuperCruise and the Mercedes system are designed to be L3 highway systems, and will both eventually achieve those goals. It’s looking like right now that will be before Tesla.

Super Cruise is not L3. It is L2 "hands-free". It is still L2 because the driver needs to pay attention and the system only performs some dynamic driving tasks but not all. But since the system can monitor driver attention with an internal camera, the driver is not required to keep their hands on the steering wheel under certain conditions.

Is it possible Super Cruise could become L3 in the future? Maybe. But GM has not said anything about it.

I wonder what sort of secret sauce they add to get the 200m+ detection they have
Yeah, I wonder how much of the old behavior with explicit labels/ontology that could detect 200m+ is used for driving vs visualizations. At least good to see confirmation that the keynote occupancy network improvements made it to 10.69.
It seems like Karpathy was leading the old approach, and it's probably the core part of FSD Beta's lane/intersection predictions. But maybe it's no longer the core for collision avoidance.

...Is it possible Super Cruise could become L3 in the future? Maybe. But GM has not said anything about it.

L2 doesn't have to be reliable enough because the bucks stop with the licensed driver.

The EU mandates the bucks stop with the manufacturers once the reliability has reached L3.

Since Super Cruise has no LIDAR, collisions with a stationary obstacle are a real possibility, so it can not progress to L3.

Ultra Cruise will be sold to the public in 2024 models with Lidar that works in 95% of scenarios with clear road markings, but again, only as L2 too.

Since it will have Lidar, there is a pathway for it to progress to L3.

For L4, it already has GM Cruise, which has much more hardware than the 2024 Ultra Cruise. Thus, I think owners will have to buy another new car with better hardware if Ultra Cruise progresses to L4.

Last edited:
Reactions: diplomat33
Feeling good about my bet, though if Chuck tests it on a Sunday (likely?), I could be out of luck. Not much of a challenge in light traffic!

We’ll see. I’m very curious about the consistency of pose and creep. And I think I have a very good chance due to excessive gaps if there is traffic. I’ll feel better about winning due to failures other than that technicality (important but silly for the car to fail on) though, since those other inconsistencies are more what I expected originally…I just expected inexplicably inconsistency.

Now that we’re close, and we have some demos, what are people expecting for the turn that Elon said would be solved absolutely, 100%?

Hopefully it’ll be super clean, though.

At least good to see confirmation that the keynote occupancy network improvements made it to 10.69.
Cool. I can see why they chose Chuck’s turn as a good demo for this. Amazing that they perhaps lacked this before! (Prior behavior indicated strongly that it did not understand when it could not see.) Hope it is extremely reliable!

Read "designed to be L3 highway systems, and will both eventually achieve those goals."
Rubbish
The GM & Chevy & GMC & Caddy websites all describe exactly what it does- its L2 with driver monitoring. You are attributing capabilities that the manufacturer themselves do not claim.
GM do not claim to be an L3 system in any way. If they don't claim it, I don't understand why anyone else would.

Rubbish
The GM & Chevy & GMC & Caddy websites all describe exactly what it does- its L2 with driver monitoring. You are attributing capabilities that the manufacturer themselves do not claim.
GM do not claim to be an L3 system in any way. If they don't claim it, I don't understand why anyone else would.
Let's imagine that GM & Chevy & GMC & Caddy & Tesla all have extremely good L2 systems in one year from now. They are so good that they would pass L3 approval with no problem.

Other than bragging rights, do you think it's possible none of them will want to declare their system as L3 purely because of the reason they don't want to have to take legal liability for accidents? What other benefit is there for them to call it L3 if it effectively works as an L3 but all the risk is taken by the driver. Is legal liability definitely required in L3?

In regards to Super Cruise, it’s not even available in MY 2022/23. “Shortages”. Plus, the cars that are applicable to have Super Cruise, will not be able to be retrofitted with it when it’s available again. Guess they have an issue with heated seats and steering wheels too, but those can be brought online once modules become available. Guess I’ll stick with Tesla for another year or so.

Rubbish
Again, reading is your friend. Nowhere was a claim made that GM's Super/Ultra Cruise is L3. I am not attributing any capabilities to the system that it doesn't have now. I am saying it is designed to be an L3 system (what Qualcom terms L2+/L3) based on the sensor suite (cameras, radar and LiDAR) and compute being implemented. Read up on Qualcom's Snapdragon Ride system and the capabilities that they are developing. This is what GM has signed up for.

So much for 2022.20.x
There is potential that the public FSD Beta could be on 2022.20.x. If Tesla expects there to be a 10.69.1 and 10.69.2, then that allows 2 more weeks to merge the 10.69 FSD Beta part of the code with the main software. Seems like only those who got 10.13 will get 10.69(.0) as Tesla has plenty of employees with vehicles on FSD Beta.

• Funny
Reactions: MP3Mike
There is potential that the public FSD Beta could be on 2022.20.x. If Tesla expects there to be a 10.69.1 and 10.69.2, then that allows 2 more weeks to merge the 10.69 FSD Beta part of the code with the main software. Seems like only those who got 10.13 will get 10.69(.0) as Tesla has plenty of employees with vehicles on FSD Beta.
I don’t believe I’ve seen them jump general versions for subversions of FSD beta

I don’t believe I’ve seen them jump general versions for subversions of FSD beta
FSD Beta 10.8 was 2021.44.25.6 and FSD Beta 10.8.1 was 2021.44.30.5. There is indeed work involved in merging FSD Beta code to a newer general version, and Tesla does avoid downgrading the software behavior, so unless there's some urgent need to get FSD Beta population on the newer software and/or allow more people on FSD Beta, it's natural to not.

Reactions: sleepydoc