Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just did my normal test loop on 69.2.2. I think it's mostly the same (including pedestrian phobia, i.e. stopping in the middle of an intersection for a pedestrian just standing on the side), but it looks like they may have made some change to the lane selection behavior. In 3 instances, FSDb made really puzzling lane decisions (2 of which started jerking across multiple lanes and required disengagement). I've done this test loop in front of Apple's UFO campus many times, and it was definitely something new.

Installed here too! (finished installing over an hour ago). I was outside and it finished up with a lot of loud whining. No idea what that's about.

Drove into town earlier today and was pleasantly surprised it chose the right most lane of two left turning lanes so it could make a right into Lowes shortly after the turn! This is a first for me.

Still too much moderate phantom braking. Ran a stop sign (bad - it has almost always run this stop sign). Is now making a hugely improved right turn onto a wonky road. I suspect the mud tracks from the logging trucks the cross its path help reposition it on the road. After the next big rain I'll know if this is a fluke or not.

• Informative
Reactions: bhakan and momo3605
Ugh. blinkers on sharp curves are still happening with 2.2.
The blinkers on sharp turns seems way worse in this 10.69 branch. Although I just got 10.69.2.2 so maybe there's hope. Regardless it's like every curve it puts on the blinkers.

Also notice it hit the blinkers when you go by a turning lane. On a two lane road, if the road widens and adds a turning lane to the right it will hit the blinkers acting like it's going to move over, but then doesn't when the lane quickly passes.

Reminds me of the long standing bug where it would do something similar when passing off ramps on the highway.

Here it manages to react in 1 second to a yellow light, but inexplicably still uses the brakes (a little, not severe).

Earlier in the video (13:46) it took two seconds to react (did tree branches obscure? Why not respond instantly to brake lights, then?), which was one second longer than human reaction time. And then inexplicably used the brakes heavily (I think there was zero requirement to do so, even with the delayed reaction (hard to gauge precisely, but certainly minimal braking needed)).

Last edited:
The blinkers on sharp turns seems way worse in this 10.69 branch. Although I just got 10.69.2.2 so maybe there's hope. Regardless it's like every curve it puts on the blinkers.

Also notice it hit the blinkers when you go by a turning lane. On a two lane road, if the road widens and adds a turning lane to the right it will hit the blinkers acting like it's going to move over, but then doesn't when the lane quickly passes.

Reminds me of the long standing bug where it would do something similar when passing off ramps on the highway.
Ironic that it does this but so frequently fails to use the signals in a timely manner for actual turns it knows it is going to take.

Looks like we should expect about 60% increase in FSD Beta population from 100k to 160k with 10.69.2.1 (2022.20.16) 10.69.2.2 (2022.20.17) maybe as soon as today? (So far the 10.69.2.2 rollout has been to 50% of existing testers, so presumably it'll go to 100% before or at the same time as the expansion.)
I’m going to call BS on these numbers… don’t take it personally it’s not meant to be… I think EM just escalates on TWTR and nothing really ever flows through to final FSD owners for THIS beta. I guess we don’t really have any way of verifying any of this, but that’s just where I think this is really at.

there is no world (well, yes there is Elons world) where 69.1 is good enough to roll it out to ppl with LOWER SS than the previous group and to increase the number of testers by 60%… no world.

Reactions: DanCar
Additional 60k users seems light...i would think the 80-93% safety score range would be like 200k+ people
How many people do you think have purchased, or subscribed, to FSD in the US/Canada? ~300k seems like it would be pretty close to everyone, and I know not everyone has opted in to the FSD Beta safety scoring. (Or maybe more people have ponied up for FSD than I think have.)

How many people do you think have purchased, or subscribed, to FSD in the US/Canada? ~300k seems like it would be pretty close to everyone, and I know not everyone has opted in to the FSD Beta safety scoring. (Or maybe more people have ponied up for FSD than I think have.)
lol exactly. I can't even believe 150,000 people have actually fallen paid for this. I mean at this point the take rate must be maybe 1 in 1,000? Unless a ton of people are using the subscription thing.

• Funny
Reactions: momo3605

You know...i thought it would be a lot higher than 300k, but you might be right. The number i've seen is around ~12%. If Tesla has sold 2 million cars, that'd put the number somewhere around 240k? Maybe higher with subscriptions? (I would think lower) but yea, interesting. Regardless, even if it's 300k, 160k would be more than 50% of people. That's a pretty sizeable amount.

It's waiting to be installed in the car in the company parking lot. Where there's no wi-fi 😔. Guess I'll have to go home and do it there.

The "forced" bit.. There's this one intersection on my way to work that, reliably, the car in FSD-b mode, attempts to go straight through on a red light. Four times now, the latest this morning. Today I decided to check just how far it was going to go, with the foot poised over the brake pedal.

Yup, red lights on the overhead, clearly visible on the screen and to me. Cross road has yellow stripes. Cross-traffic galore, and I don't mean once in a while, it was fairly heavy, cars moving along in both directions at 30-40 mph. Car came to a halt. Then crept up, which is where I usually stopped it. No broad white line for a stop line: Time, weather, and traffic have obliterated same. This time, after stopping, it cript up to where the bumper was about 3 feet short of traffic going by, which is Too Darn Close, and stopped again. Kept my foot handy. Steering wheel twitched. And then the car Went For It with that red light still on and traffic a-coming.

Slammed the brakes after moving another foot, hyperventilated, and hit the Record button. Moved on past the intersection and re-engaged FSD-b after the light went green.

It almost looked like.. It was trying one of those Texas Unprotected Lefts, in a place where any move straight ahead was a Very Bad Idea.

Wonder how many reports of this kind of behavior Tesla has gotten. I mean, this is the only intersection where the car's ever attempted something like that, FSD, FSD-b, or whatever.

Hope the 69.2.2 release does something for this. If it doesn't: What's the procedure to send a direct bug report to Tesla? Running red lights has to be High Up on the List of Things Not To Do over there.
Send email to earlyaccess at tesla dot com This is the address i was given by SC to report some issues I have.

lol exactly. I can't even believe 150,000 people have actually fallen paid for this. I mean at this point the take rate must be maybe 1 in 1,000? Unless a ton of people are using the subscription thing.
It's actually almost 1 in 10. Model S/X buyers spending $100k+ seem to almost always pay for FSD. From a percentage of msrp point of view, FSD is very small for them. That probably makes up for the lack of 3/Y buyers.